#1 uDaM

uDaM

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
    Sri Lanka

Posted 05 October 2013 - 06:40 AM

Please Help!!!

Recently my computer faced a Disk Boot Failure, So I used Hiren's Boot CD ( Mini XP) in order to backup my data. But Hiren's Boot CD 15.1 & 14 Does not detect my 160 GB SATA Hitachi Hard Disk. But in my Boot Menu It displays the Hard Disk, under Hard Disks Section.

I use Windows 7. I need some help over this matter quickly. Please help. Thanks in advance   :cold: 

#2 Agent47

Agent47

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 164 posts
  •  
    India

Posted 05 October 2013 - 05:19 PM

HI

First of all, Hiren's Boot CD is an illegal disc which distribute Microsoft code without permission. So we don't support Hiren in this place.

I suggest creating a Windows 7 based boot CD which will definitely detect your hard drive without issues. Please check the below topic and download Make_PE3 program created by Wimb.

http://reboot.pro/to...e-windows-7-pe/

Video guide:

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=E0eslpRmznE

• uDaM likes this

#3 steve6375

steve6375

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 7566 posts
  • Interests:computers, programming (masm,vb6,C,vbs), photography,TV,films
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 05 October 2013 - 10:06 PM

It may be that you hard disk is 'sick' - try booting a Win7 Install DVD and see if you can access the hard disk using that first - if not then there is no point trying to get a backup program working!

• uDaM likes this

#4 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 06 October 2013 - 09:06 AM

HI

First of all, Hiren's Boot CD is an illegal disc which distribute Microsoft code without permission. So we don't support Hiren in this place.

NOT really-really.

JFYI:

Hiren's Boot CD is something that contains non-redistributable files, and it is illegal in most countries to redistribute non-redistributable files and/or use such files without a proper license.

BUT quite a lot of people including Steve6375 and the board owner Nuno Brito have queer beliefs on the matter, the first not only supports it and it's use, including it as a provision in his known tool Easy2boot, but also goes at great lengths on his site and on this board in providing tutorials and help on how to use it.

The latter has provided on this forum, in clear violation of the same Site Policies he wrote copied from those of Amnesty International for the site, this section to allow  all users of those WAREZ to share tips on how to use it, ask and provide support for it, etc.

The thing has been talked about extensively at the the time of the senseless decision to create this section of the board:

http://reboot.pro/to...t-these-forums/

and you will be happy to know how on Wikipedia reboot.pro is listed as it's "Fan & Discussion Forum". :frusty:

:cheers:

Wonko

#5 uDaM

uDaM

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
    Sri Lanka

Posted 06 October 2013 - 10:27 AM

It may be that you hard disk is 'sick' - try booting a Win7 Install DVD and see if you can access the hard disk using that first - if not then there is no point trying to get a backup program working!

Well, I tried with windows install dvd, it did not detect it. But my Hard disk is detected in BIOS as" IDE CHANNEL 2: SLAVE DISK" , But my DVD ROM is detected as "IDE CHANNEL 2 : MASTER DISK". Is that some sort of problem  :cold:

1) This is the BIOS Configuration of the IDE CHANNELS 

10114994883_f6fc7bc3f8_b.jpg

2) This is How the booting configuration is [Note : First Boot Device was changed to CD ROM to Run PuPPYLINUX]

10114894945_57f55fa04e_b.jpg

3) This is the Booting Menu [This sometimes shows my 160GB SATA  HARD DISK under the Hard disk menu]

10114896515_cee22db381_b.jpg

Edited by uDaM, 06 October 2013 - 10:57 AM.

#6 steve6375

steve6375

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 7566 posts
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 06 October 2013 - 10:44 AM

Well, I tried with windows install dvd, it did not detect it. But my Hard disk is detected in BIOS as" IDE CHANNEL 2: SLAVE DISK" , But my DVD ROM is detected as "IDE CHANNEL 2 : MASTER DISK". Is that some sort of problem  :cold:

It is difficult to know as the only details you have given about your system is that it is a 'computer'!

Normally, the IDE HDD is the master and the CD is the slave. It suggests you have them on the wrong IDE connector and that the HDD is on the end of the IDE cable instead of in the middle.

However, if it used to work like that before then it should continue to work now. If the interface is IDE, then Hirens, etc. should have no trouble seeing it (if it is actually working).

Is it making any strange noises?

• uDaM likes this

#7 uDaM

uDaM

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
    Sri Lanka

Posted 06 October 2013 - 10:59 AM

Nope, Not really I didnt pick up any strange noises. Please check the my above reply so you can get a clearer idea of the problem.

#8 steve6375

steve6375

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 7566 posts
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 06 October 2013 - 11:04 AM

Try swapping over the CD and HDD on the IDE cable (and changing links on the drives if required).

• uDaM likes this

#9 uDaM

uDaM

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
    Sri Lanka

Posted 06 October 2013 - 11:06 AM

I didnt hear any noises

DETAILS

1GB DDR2 RAM

DUAL CORE 2.7GHZ PROCESSOR

FOXCONN MOTHERBOARD G31MXP

HITACHI 160GB SATA HARD DISK

SAMSUNG ATA DVD ROM

256 ONBBOARD VGA

INTEL G31 CHIPSET

#10 uDaM

uDaM

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
    Sri Lanka

Posted 06 October 2013 - 11:08 AM

THE Cables were SATA

#11 steve6375

steve6375

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 7566 posts
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 06 October 2013 - 12:22 PM

The BIOS must be in Legacy AHCI mode. Looks like the Hard disk is faulty. :cold:

#12 sbaeder

sbaeder

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1338 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 07 October 2013 - 04:57 PM

Just to add - even if the BIOS can "see" it, and knows what kind of a drive it is, etc...it can STILL be faulty.  You can try other lower level HD diag tools to see if they can see more than just the electronic info that the bios is seeing.  I would agree with Steve, that it sounds like disk drive is faulty.

And since you have Hirens, there are a lot of other tools on it that can help you figure out if the disk can even be read...

Scott

p.s. and most of them are freely distributable, and not based on "illegal" re-distribution of code...:)

#13 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 07 October 2013 - 06:10 PM

p.s. and most of them are freely distributable, and not based on "illegal" re-distribution of code... :)

Sure :), with the trifling exception of the actual OS which is booted in order to run most of those tools. :whistling:

:cheers:

Wonko

#14 joaquin

joaquin

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
    Spain

Posted 24 December 2014 - 09:48 AM

Hi uDaM,

Could you post the solution? I have the same problema with de same motherboard G31MXP

After update BIOS with FOX LiveUpdate the HD doesn't boot. I can enter into BIOS setup, the HD is recognized but doesn't work. I can boot with hiren bootCD, but I can not runn DOS Programs becouse HD seems missed.

I am sure that you found out the solution and It helps if you share it

thanks in advance,

Joaquin

#15 Agent47

Agent47

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 164 posts
  •  
    India

Posted 24 December 2014 - 12:10 PM

Hi

Try changing the SATA mode from AHCI to IDE emulation. DOS programs usually won't support AHCI mode.

#16 jayram1408

jayram1408

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 02 January 2019 - 09:53 PM

HI

I suggest creating a Windows 7 based boot CD which will definitely detect your hard drive without issues. Please check the below topic and download Make_PE3 program created by Wimb.

http://reboot.pro/to...e-windows-7-pe/

Video guide:

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=E0eslpRmznE

I like how he says "we" like as If he has some sort of vested interest in Microsoft. When did you and Bill Gates become so close? Who cares if Hirens uses his code. He has enough money Im sure it wont put him out of business. If these greedy rich people were not so greedy and not trying to rape the planet and everyone on it, he might have just shared it, but since he is greedy...we have Hirens.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users