Photo
- - - - -

Auugh! I think I screwed up! Easy2Boot on a 4TB USB drive???

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#26 Rootman

Rootman

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 281 posts

Posted 15 June 2018 - 05:50 PM

The boot.wim from the ISO that won't integrate has folders in the boot.wim, Program Files, ProgramData, Sources, Users,Windows and a file bootmgr.  The sources folder has a bunch of files, mostly DLLs.  

I pulled open a Windows install ISO and see a bunch of folders in it's sources folder incuding a boot.wim and install.wim.  So I guess my PE has only a single wim in it. 

#27 alacran

alacran

Silver Member

• .script developer
  • 644 posts
  •  
    Mexico

Posted 15 June 2018 - 07:36 PM

Then it most be another problem, when you have more than one index on a .wim file and you open it with 7zip you can see folders 1, 2, etc. Beeing each one the image index number.

If your non integrable boot.wim file can't be booted with another approach (like loading the ISO with grub4dos) then that file may be corrupt.

If on the contrary it boots fine this way, something on it is not compatible with AIO, in this case it will be good to know what WinPE is it and how it was builded in order to try to reproduce the problem.  Or maybe you can replace it with a new updated build.

alacran

#28 Rootman

Rootman

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 281 posts

Posted 16 June 2018 - 02:26 AM

The ISOs have always booted fine under grub4dos using easy2boot.  Been using all of them for years that way.  The author of AIO figured out why the Win 10 X64 wouldn't integrate but the X86 and X64 versions of my Win 7 ISOs won't integrate at all. I need at least the Win 7 X86 one for a few older machines I maintain, Windows 10 just freezes or fails to boot on a few of them.  And there is apparently no multile idexes in the wim, all that's there looks similar to a normal Windows folder structure Program Files, ProgramData, etc. No numbered folders. 

I'd love to pursue it more but with the grub2 issues with my 4tb drives failing to boot in legacy mode it's not going to yield anything I can use.  I just hope I retire before legacy boot is no longer available so I can use my easy2boot drives to backup and repair computers.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users