#1 Lancelot

Lancelot

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 5013 posts
  • Interests:*Mechanical stuff and Physics,
    *LiveXP, BartPE, SherpyaXPE,
    *Basketball and Looong Walking,
    *Buying outwear for my girlf (Reason: Girls are stupid about buying bad stuff to make themselves uglier :))
    *Girls (Lyric: Girl,...., You will be a womann, Soon)
    *Answering questions for "Meaning of life",
    *Helping people,

Kung with LiveXP, Fu with Peter :)
  •  
    Turkey

Posted 27 November 2008 - 03:18 AM

Posted Image

Thanks to nice neighbour billonious informing this utility here

With default options, script will only add an url file to the build, which is ~255bytes, so you can save space and if you can access you can download from internet easly when needed.

If you want to add a ready KasperskyVirusRemovalTool to use,
1) Click "Web Site" on the script, and download the file
2) Click "Open Folder" on the script, and move file to here
3) In file name box, put the name of the file you downloaded. (example: setup_7.0.0.290_25.11.2008_23-34.exe )
4) Enable "Enable this option" box

I hope you like it, have a nice day.

ooops, i forgot the link, here it is, click to download KasperskyVirusRemovalTool script , also check further posts for updates in case post 1 not updated.

Additional Info: (by oriensol)
using "kasp. rem. tool" from PE (ex: LiveXP) is good.
But if you use "kasp. rem. tool" on your local windows, you should be aware that "kasp. rem. tool" adds some stuff to the default windows installation registry (service name etc. keep changing).....

Additional Info: (by maanu and Rui Paz)
Shortly: Kasp. rem. tool do not like wimboot builds, and does not work. With wimboot Rui Paz get bsod where I (Lancelot) get hang on extraction step of Kasp.rem.tool. No trouble with BootSDI and CreateISO builds.
Longly:
post 9 maanu

perhaps .it is the same issue as i used to have with DR.WEB .

then Nikzzzz (or was it Amalux?) told me to use

drweb32w.exe /not_use_shield /shell /tm- /ts-

, and this time it did not give BSOD (ntfs.sys) .

and yes , Nikzzzz told me it is due to fbwf . the file system does not recognize it and crashed .

post 10 Rui Paz

Every program will accept different arguments so that doesn't work for KAV.

The setup will start extracting and it uses one of the extracted files to install the drivers, its this process that gives the BSOD.

Probably this is related to the hacks used to make possible the boot from wimfiles,

#2 Rui Paz

Rui Paz

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 201 posts
  •  
    Portugal

Posted 28 August 2010 - 10:34 AM

Hi Lancelot,

I'm trying to use the Kaspersky Virus Removel Tool inside LiveXP, your script works ok adding the setup_*.exe file to the build.

My problem is i can't run the setup inside PE, i choose to install on the RAM Drive b:\Virus Remove\ but the setup makes the system crash with a blue screen talking about ntfs.sys!
Also tried installing to the host C: drive with the same result.

Any one have the same problem, any hint to solve this?

Tanks.

___
Rui Paz

#3 Lancelot

Lancelot

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 5013 posts
    *Buying outwear for my girlf (Reason: Girls are stupid about buying bad stuff to make themselves uglier :))
    *Helping people,

•  
    Turkey

Posted 28 August 2010 - 04:59 PM

Hi Rui Paz,

can you believe when I start this script kasp.tool was only ~30MB ;).
anyway,
since than besides size, some dependencies rise up with the updated packages (thanks to oriensol)
here is the latest script
http://www.mediafire...i4d7huf8qhbbdbz
also here is the script from oriensol
http://www.mediafire...7agttgf30n9cg00

Tested and works fine here, I hope now it works fine there too.

@oriensol
a little update to autoexecute (pressing tab when license screen comes) is required with latest kasp.tool (tested with setup_9.0.0.722_28.08.2010_14-20.exe) :cheers:

#4 Rui Paz

Rui Paz

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 201 posts
  •  
    Portugal

Posted 28 August 2010 - 08:18 PM

Hi Lancelot,

Tanks for the new scripts but i have the same problem, the setup starts extracting files and after a few seconds the LiveXP goes down with the blue screen of death.

Don't know if this mater or not, i'm using WinBoot on the build.

Edit1: Doing some tests on a VM and it seems that the LiveXP died when the setup executes the driver install...

Edit2: Building the same project using Boot SDI when i run the setup it shows a warning saying i should run the tool on Safe Mode and after that it install and run OK.
___
Rui Paz

#5 Lancelot

Lancelot

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 5013 posts
    *Helping people,

•  
    Turkey

Posted 28 August 2010 - 09:02 PM

Hi Rui Paz,

today I'd tested when I was at home with a minimal livexp (all default settings, only most scripts (apps, components, drivers.... unselected)) using create iso without fbwf.

late tomorrow (or +1) when I get back home, I will test with wimboot. I wonder the reason of your failure ;)

Thanks for feed back. ;)

#6 oriensol

oriensol

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 216 posts
  •  
    India

Posted 29 August 2010 - 02:51 AM

Hi Rui Paz,

This might happen depending on the RAM available. Can you please set the pagefile on the harddisk BEFORE you run the Kaspersky tool? Also, is there enough space on b:?

-oreinsol

#7 Lancelot

Lancelot

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 5013 posts
    *Helping people,

•  
    Turkey

Posted 29 August 2010 - 02:00 PM

This might happen depending on the RAM available. Can you please set the pagefile on the harddisk BEFORE you run the Kaspersky tool? Also, is there enough space on b:?

Tested with pagefile (512MB) (virtual disk 2GB) also with virtual machine having 1GB ram (with and without page file). Still fails.

Don't know if this mater or not, i'm using WinBoot on the build.

This is all about wimboot :cheers:. kasp tool works nicely with createiso and bootsdi builds.

Edit1: Doing some tests on a VM and it seems that the LiveXP died when the setup executes the driver install...

this made me feel PagedPoolSize as suspect and I changed wimboot system disk size value to 64 (uncompressed) (=results with pagedpoolsize value default 0), sadly kasp.tool still fails extracting with wimboot builds.
ps: here livexp did not die, only kasp.tool failed extracting.....

For now, I have no idea left ;)

#8 Rui Paz

Rui Paz

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 201 posts
  •  
    Portugal

Posted 29 August 2010 - 02:59 PM

Hi Rui Paz,

-oreinsol

Hi,

Just for testing i put the setup file on the C: drive and i'm trying to install to c:\Virus Removal Tool instead of using the ram drive. I also adjust the imdisk ramdrive to 50MB, My Virtual PC machine is set to 512MB and LiveXP show 300MB free after boot.

The problem its probably related to drivers, after disabling the masstorage drivers and Removable Drivers Combo i can now see for one second that the installer shows the warning about running on Safe Mode, after that LiveXP crashes without time to click the OK button.
___
Rui Paz

#9 maanu

maanu

Gold Member

• Advanced user
  • 1134 posts
  •  
    Pakistan

Posted 29 August 2010 - 08:30 PM

perhaps .it is the same issue as i used to have with DR.WEB .

then Nikzzzz (or was it Amalux?) told me to use

drweb32w.exe /not_use_shield /shell /tm- /ts-

, and this time it did not give BSOD (ntfs.sys) .

and yes , Nikzzzz told me it is due to fbwf . the file system does not recognize it and crashed .

try using something like above command , may be it wont work with kaspersky i dont know.

#10 Rui Paz

Rui Paz

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 201 posts
  •  
    Portugal

Posted 30 August 2010 - 07:00 PM

Hi,

Every program will accept different arguments so that doesn't work for KAV.

The setup will start extracting and it uses one of the extracted files to install the drivers, its this process that gives the BSOD.

Probably this is related to the hacks used to make possible the boot from wimfiles, on W7PEX with WimBoot it works fine.

___
Rui Paz

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users