moklo

• Members
  • 80 posts
  • Interests:everything that is useful and worth
  •  
    Israel

Posted 20 February 2013 - 11:59 PM

TYVM(thank you very much) for these.   :good: :clap: :thumbsup:

yes, i use flash drive.  how can i include for example, kaspersky rescue disk, bitdefender rescue disk, etc. to the syslinux.cfg and make them persistent.  :confused1: 

TIA

#27 Scooby

Scooby

• Members
  • 62 posts
  •  
    Sweden

Posted 21 February 2013 - 11:46 AM

well I would use grub4dos and boot them individually, each one menu item

I dont use them so I aint got any menu entries for you but I'm sure you can find some if you search this forum

#28 moklo

moklo

• Members
  • 80 posts
  •  
    Israel

Posted 21 February 2013 - 11:19 PM

well I would use grub4dos and boot them individually, each one menu item

I dont use them so I aint got any menu entries for you but I'm sure you can find some if you search this forum

okay. thanks man. :smiling9:

#29 Agent47

Agent47

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 164 posts
  •  
    India

Posted 22 February 2013 - 04:50 AM

Initially i was impressed with Linux and tried most of the widely used distros, But i stopped using Linux as a desktop os when i found problems like bad sound quality, requiring internet to install software and bad NTFS support etc. 

May be in the future it may get improved and then i will use it again.

#30 moklo

moklo

• Members
  • 80 posts
  •  
    Israel

Posted 22 February 2013 - 05:47 AM

Initially i was impressed with Linux and tried most of the widely used distros, But i stopped using Linux as a desktop os when i found problems like bad sound quality, requiring internet to install software and bad NTFS support etc. 

May be in the future it may get improved and then i will use it again.

Yeah, i believe problems will be corrected in the future.  But we should not forget the advantage of linux os in removing malware, backing up files, etc.

:smiling9:

#31 wimb

wimb

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 3756 posts
  • Interests:Boot and Install from USB
  •  
    Netherlands

Posted 22 February 2013 - 07:16 AM

Which of the proposed Linux distros can boot from USB on new computer having UEFI + Secure Boot firmware ?

Nowadays support of UEFI + Secure Boot may be considered as essential for Service Tasks ......

:cheers:

#32 moklo

moklo

• Members
  • 80 posts
  •  
    Israel

Posted 22 February 2013 - 02:57 PM

Which of the proposed Linux distros can boot from USB on new computer having UEFI + Secure Boot firmware ?

Nowadays support of UEFI + Secure Boot may be considered as essential for Service Tasks ......

don't know.  never tried it.  just test all the proposed distro.  :thumbsup:

#33 moklo

moklo

• Members
  • 80 posts
  •  
    Israel

Posted 22 February 2013 - 03:08 PM

as of now, i am finding ways to combine persistent parted magic, persistent slax, persistent pclinuxos, hiren's boot dvd, etc. into a single usb and hopefully windows 7 and 8 virtual hard disk so i don't need to install.

i know it requires a lot of time, perseverance, research, and patience.

i believe i can achieve it, of course, with a little help and suggestion from you guys and the experts.

:dubbio: :book: :yahoo: :jump: :tabletalk: :whistling: :smiling9:

Edited by moklo, 22 February 2013 - 03:10 PM.

#34 moklo

moklo

• Members
  • 80 posts
  •  
    Israel

Posted 24 February 2013 - 12:00 AM

at last, i managed to combine persistent parted magic and persistent slax linux.

here's what i did:

1. Download the latest Parted Magic, Slax Linux, and unetbootin-windows and HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool 2.2.3 by clicking the link below:

a. Parted Magic - http://ncu.dl.source..._2013_01_29.iso

b. Slax Linux - http://ftp.linux.cz/...-7.0.5-i486.zip

c.
unetbootin-windows-583 - http://ncu.dl.source...windows-583.exe

d.
HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool 2.2.3 - http://download1us.s...d/HPUSBDisk.exe

2. While downloading, prepare a 8 GB or larger flash drive to be formatted(be sure to backup the important files inside the flash drive).

3. After you finished the four downloads, launch HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool 2.2.3 with administrative priveleges by the right clicking HPUSBDisk.exe and select Run as administrator.  Be sure that the flash drive is detected then check the Quick Format and press Start.  Select Yes or OK as the prompt appears then close the format tool.

4. Locate the Slax Linux zip file and follow steps a to c.

a) Extract the contents of ZIP archive to your USB drive.
   If you are using Windows, you will get for example E:\slax\
   You probably already did this, just make sure you extracted
   the archive to your USB drive and not to your local harddisk.

b) Now navigate to directory /slax/boot/ on your USB drive.
   In Windows, it will be E:\slax\boot\ for example.
   Use explorer or any other file manager for this task.

c) While you're in the boot directory, locate file bootinst.bat
   Run it by doubleclicking it. It will setup your USB to boot.

5. You can see in you flash drive the folder "slax".  Copy that folder to your hard disk (drive C or D or whatever hard disk drive that is easy to locate) or to your desktop.  After copying, repeat step 3.

6. Now, launch unetbootin-windows-583.exe with adminstrative priveleges by right clicking it and selecting Run as administrator.  Select Disk Image and locate the downloaded parted magic by clicking the button with three dots/periods.  Then, on Space used to preserve files across reboots, type 4000.  See to it that the Type is USB Drive and the drive letter of the flash drive is displayed on the Drive.  Click OK and wait until it finishes (it will took several minutes).

7. Copy the "slax" folder located in your hard disk or desktop back to the flash drive.

8. Go to slax\boot (ex. F:\slax\boot) folder and copy all files (Ctrl + A) except syslinux.cfg to boot\syslinux folder (ex. F:\boot\syslinux).

9. Open syslinux.cfg under boot\sysliux folder and delete all the codes inside (press and hold Ctrl and press A then press Delete).  Download my syslinux.cfg below.

http://rapidshare.co...78/syslinux.cfg

10. Copy these codes (Ctrl + A) and paste it to the vacant syslinux.cfg then save it.

11. That's it, all persistent and very useful in disinfecting malwares, backup files, etc.

12. Take note always to save session in parted magic before exiting or turning off.

thanks to parted magic and slax linux and the creators of these portable operating systems.

:clap: :yahoo: :jump: :thumbsup: :happy_dance: :smiling9: :happy_dance2: :D :lol: :) :thumbup: :cheers:

Edited by moklo, 24 February 2013 - 12:20 AM.

#35 moklo

moklo

• Members
  • 80 posts
  •  
    Israel

Posted 07 March 2013 - 04:58 AM

you can use parted magic for rescue and scanning purposes, imaging, etc. 

1. locate clamwin antivirus on the desktop or program files.

2. update the antivirus and locate the "save session" so the update files will remain. (warning: if you will not save the session, all your customizations and updates will be useless and will not take effect.  you will end up doing customizations and updates again.)

NOTE: begin with the end in mind.  think ahead. :thumbup:

3. so now, you can scan your files and drives for any malware.

there are many tools available in the latest parted magic.  just explore them all.  if you are unsure or to prevent possible loss of data, etc., seek and ask help from the experts or someone you know that has knowledge about the applications and the Parted Magic OS. 

Edited by moklo, 07 March 2013 - 05:03 AM.

#36 moklo

moklo

• Members
  • 80 posts
  •  
    Israel

Posted 07 March 2013 - 05:15 AM

another advantage of parted magic is the support for wireless LAN, no need for wired connections.  of course it supports LAN.

#37 moklo

moklo

• Members
  • 80 posts
  •  
    Israel

Posted 07 March 2013 - 05:46 AM

going back to removing malwares, there are two best antivirus+rescue usb: kaspersky rescue disk and bitdefender rescue cd.  but KRD does not support wireless LAN(hope they will make the next version wireless compatible/capable).  anyways, thanks to KASPERSKY & BITDEFENDER and its creators .

1. to download Kaspersky Rescue Disk and BitDefender Rescue Disk, click the link below.

KRD - http://rescuedisk.ka...v_rescue_10.iso

BDRCD - http://download.bitd...r-rescue-cd.iso

2. you can use YUMI to combine all of them.  to download latest YUMI, click the link below.

YUMI - http://www.pendrivel...UMI-0.0.8.9.exe

3. just explore YUMI and you will find out many useful tools.  thanks to YUMI and its creators.

Edited by moklo, 07 March 2013 - 05:49 AM.

#38 moklo

moklo

• Members
  • 80 posts
  •  
    Israel

Posted 10 March 2013 - 03:50 PM

if you want the downloading become faster, use internet download manager to cater your downloading needs like iso files, pdf, executable files, mp3, flv, and many more.....

you can try it for free by clicking the link below:

http://mirror2.inter...om/idman615.exe

install it, run, and customize before you begin downloading the files mentioned in this topic

thanks to internet download manager and its creators.  :good: :clap:

#39 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 10 March 2013 - 05:07 PM

Just for the record, internet download manager is a Commercial tool, costing some 25 or 30 bucks, with a 30 day trial period.

There are several free alternatives (examples):

http://alternativeto...wnload-manager/

http://en.wikipedia....wnload_managers

Wonko

• Motasem likes this

#40 al_jo

al_jo

Gold Member

• Members
  • 1218 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 05:54 PM

n

#41 moklo

moklo

• Members
  • 80 posts
  •  
    Israel

Posted 11 March 2013 - 08:24 PM

Just for the record, internet download manager is a Commercial tool, costing some 25 or 30 bucks, with a 30 day trial period.

There are several free alternatives (examples):

http://alternativeto...wnload-manager/

http://en.wikipedia....wnload_managers

Wonko

yeah, you're right.  thanks man.  the links are very informative.     :good: :clap:

• Motasem likes this

#42 moklo

moklo

• Members
  • 80 posts
  •  
    Israel

Posted 23 March 2013 - 10:25 PM

if you want to focus on kaspersky rescue disk alone and want the update to be faster, you better do these: 

I assume already that you have a good and fast internet connection.           

NOTE: Blue underlined word/words are links to downloads, sites, etc.

1.  download and install kaspersky internet security 2013 (latest)

2.  open KIS 2013 and press the "up arrow" on the keyboard or click the "up arrow" symbol in the program.

3.  choose "Tools" and click "Create" then "Next" then select the button "Download ISO image from Kaspersky Lab server" then "Next" and wait....

4.  "Updating disk image" appears and click "Next" and wait....

5.  after the successful update, "Recording data" appears with three radio button selections to choose from.

6.  although you can choose option 1 and 2, it is better to choose option 3 "Save the disk image to file on local or network drive"

7.  click "Next" and choose a good location to create and save the image (e.g. desktop or the root of any drive, etc. that is easy to locate) by clicking "Browse"

8.  in the filename, type "rescuecd" and click "Save" then click "Next" and wait....

9.  the location of the iso file will be shown and then click "Finish".

10.  prepare a new flash drive (without files) and connect/insert it to the computer and follow the steps here.

11.  congratulations! you now have a powerful malware remover.

:yahoo: :jump: :thumbsup: :happy_dance: :smiling9: :happy_dance2: :D :lol: :) :thumbup: :cheers: :clap:

you can update your antivirus+rescue usb by following these simple steps:

1.  connect/insert your flash drive to the computer

2.  follow step 2 above then choose "Tools" and click "Create" then "Next"

3.  click another "Next" and wait....

4.  follow step 6 up to step 10.

5.  that's it!  your flash drive is updated.

i suggest that you update your antivirus+rescue usb/flash drive every week.

:yahoo: :jump: :thumbsup: :happy_dance: :smiling9: :happy_dance2: :D :lol: :) :thumbup: :cheers: :clap:

#43 moklo

moklo

• Members
  • 80 posts
  •  
    Israel

Posted 23 March 2013 - 10:49 PM

thanks to Kaspersky for the tutorials.

Edited by moklo, 23 March 2013 - 10:49 PM.

#44 moklo

moklo

• Members
  • 80 posts
  •  
    Israel

Posted 25 March 2013 - 01:51 PM

in updating your antivirus+rescue usb, when you proceed to step 6 and step 7, just overwrite the existing rescue.iso if you choose the same location and you will have an updated kaspersky iso file or simply save it to other/new location.

:smiling9: :D

Edited by moklo, 25 March 2013 - 01:53 PM.

#45 moklo

moklo

• Members
  • 80 posts
  •  
    Israel

Posted 27 March 2013 - 09:49 AM

after following my own tutorial on kaspersky, i knew that the virus database is not fully updated.  i updated it.  since kaspersky does not support wireless connection, i run it on computers that has wired connection.  be sure the internet connection is fast for updates to finish early.

i assume you already have you kaspersky flash drive following the tutorial above.

here's what to do:

1.  configure first your BIOS to boot to flash drive (refer to your motherboard or laptop manual)

2.  insert the kaspersky flash drive or the YUMI flash drive with kaspersky to the computer. [ if you use kaspersky's rescue2usb then KRD will automatically be booted.  if you use YUMI, you have to find KRD under "Antivirus Tools" then "Kaspersky Rescue CD (Virus Scanner) to boot it.  So, here in my case, I use YUMI. ].  Next, choose "Run Kaspersky Rescue Disk from this USB" and wait....

3.  "Operating system" prompt will appear (that's my case because I have installed multiple operating systems in my hard drive, e.g. XP SP3 & various versions of Windows 7) asking where to save the files to be used by KRD or under which Operating System the files will be put to (i choose XP SP3).  Be sure to remember where you save it.  If you have only two local disks (e.g. C: and D:), then there is no problem.  Dont worry, you can trace the KRD files on the root of either of the two local disks.  The folder name is "Kaspersky Rescue Disk 10.0" or similar to that name.  To be sure and safe and avoid confusions, delete all the previous "Kaspersky Rescue Disk 10.0" folders located on every root of the drive or rename those folders if you have put some files inside like executables, etc.  Better check the contents of the folder first.  I am not sure if the OS prompt will appear if you have only one operating system so discover it yourselves.

4.  click OK and the KRD will launch automatically.  If not, open Kaspersky Rescue Disk located on the desktop.  Choose "My Update Center" tab and click "Start update" to update it.  Wait for it to finish.  Possibly it takes 15-30 minutes depending on the connection speed.  Update it again to be sure and check it.

5.  while the KRD updates itself, click on Settings, change the current security level to High by dragging the small button upward then select the button "Select action".  Be sure "disinfect" and "delete if disinfection fails" check boxes are being checked.  then click Apply.  click on "Settings" button beside the "Default level" button and choose the "Additional" tab not the "Additional" button.  Drag the small button to the right which points to "deep scan" then click "OK" and click "Apply".

6.  now, click "Threats and exclusions" and click "Settings" button.  Be sure to check all the checkboxes.  Do not leave any checkboxes unchecked.  click "OK" and click "Apply".

7.  next, go to "Reports and Storages" and uncheck all the checkboxes and click "OK".  That's it!  You are ready to scan and remove all the malwares on all infected drives.  Just wait for the update to finish before you start scanning.  After scanning you can view the quarantine, report or just close KRD.

8.  to start scanning, choose the "Objects Scan" tab, check all the checkboxes or you can add specific location by clicking "Add" denoted by plus sign then click "Start Objects Scan" and wait for the scanner to scan and remove the malwares and infections.

9.  to save you time and money and prevent reupdating the KRD all the time after restart or shutdown or after booting to other desktops or laptops, you must copy the whole "Kaspersky Rescue Disk 10.0" folder to your flash drive (if there is more space) or to an external hard drive or portable hard drive.  The folder can be found on the root of any of the local drive, just inspect every drive one by one.  Since the file manager of KRD cannot detect the flash drive, we must use other ways.

10.  you can use LiveXP, WinPE, VistaPE, Win7PE, Win7PE_SE, Win8PE, or any linux distros(e.g. Parted Magic, Slax Linux) that has file managers or explorers that mounts and detects flash drives, hard drives, etc. (in my case, i use Parted Magic).  You can also use the minixp in Hiren's Boot CD.  So, therefore, I recommend using YUMI so you can combine Kaspersky Rescue Disk, Parted Magic, Hiren's Boot CD, etc. on the same flash drive.

11.  I'm already assuming that you insert your YUMI flash drive to another desktop or laptop computer to remove malware.  Boot any of the suggested bootable portable operating systems (e.g. Parted Magic, Slax Linux, LiveXP, etc).  To be sure, copy "Kaspersky Rescue Disk 10.0" folder from your flash drive or portable hard drive to the root of all local disks available.  Overwrite "Kaspersky Rescue Disk 10.0" folder if it exists already there or if there is a prompt but be sure read it first.  After copying, restart the computer.

12.  boot to Kaspersky Rescue Disk following step 2 up to step 8.

13.  to update the database and definitions, follow steps 9 and 10.

14.  to run KRD that is up to date on desktops and laptops that has no wired connections, follow steps 11 and 12.

CONGRATULATIONS!  There you have it, an up to date and updatable Kaspersky Rescue Disk.  Thanks to YAHWEH for guiding me in writing and realizing these tutorials.  Without HIS grace, these will be impossible.  Thanks to Kaspersky, YUMI, and others not mentioned.

Edited by moklo, 27 March 2013 - 10:42 AM.

#46 moklo

moklo

• Members
  • 80 posts
  •  
    Israel

Posted 27 March 2013 - 10:15 AM

to ensure up to date and updatable KRD, follow the two tutorials about kaspersky.

i recommend updating the iso file every month and updating the virus database and definitions every 3 days or every week.

Edited by moklo, 27 March 2013 - 10:41 AM.

#47 Motasem

Motasem

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 169 posts
  • Interests:War Make's Men And Problems Make's You Expert
    MooT®
  •  
    Jordan

Posted 27 March 2013 - 10:59 AM

thanks moklo it look takes long time writing from you

but did u read this b4 ? http://reboot.pro/to...e-3#entry169997

or my way for copying files ? http://reboot.pro/to...e-3#entry169995

or steve for updating iso ? B1 http://www.rmprepusb.../kasperkyrescue

Edited by Motasem, 27 March 2013 - 11:06 AM.

#48 moklo

moklo

• Members
  • 80 posts
  •  
    Israel

Posted 27 March 2013 - 11:09 AM

your welcome motasem.  i intended it for starters who need a step by step guide so they will not be confused or lost.  and they can understand easily.  nope.  i only read it now at this moment.

• Motasem likes this

#49 Motasem

Motasem

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 169 posts
  • Interests:War Make's Men And Problems Make's You Expert
    MooT®
  •  
    Jordan

Posted 27 March 2013 - 11:12 AM

no problem and  ur tut  should be under the same title of "http://reboot.pro/to...-krd-updatable/"

so "starters" wont get lost btw threads :)

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

#50 moklo

moklo

• Members
  • 80 posts
  •  
    Israel

Posted 27 March 2013 - 12:23 PM

thanks.  never worry motasem, i already put a link there to here.

• Motasem likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users