#1051 genetix

genetix

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 132 posts
  •  
    Finland

Posted 30 August 2013 - 08:58 AM

I don't think you should be rebuilding next versions just yet. There's more to add when the time comes to get new package up and current is working and fixable for now.

Well, technically you don't wanna use Wait4UFD for USB 1.1/2.0 and only patch the Wait4UFD itself as this gives more control like your "UsbBootWatcher'-check patching on VHD_fix side. I do think you should separate and point me to the location what .reg is used to modify the 'Boot Bus Extender = 0' and to where by the current fixer because that list is identical idea as 'Mass Storage'-devices and I think everything patched to registry should be located same place as they are all mass storage devices.

"C\U\I"-Intel, no, I don't think I wanna support driverpacks idea it was bad from begin with. I can as well mount and direct edit the registry for myself for Intel USB 3.0 controller for XP. You are currently including 1 driver fopr these controllers already and some odd script companied with it. Following standard like DriverPacks for this kinda project is good, but when "we" are already fixing every damn driver in there and like I did even created whole damn scripted installs like txtsetup.oem files for each mass storage device, well.. Although, thinking usage of driverpacks 7-zip files. Because all you would need to do is for example include the .7z to the driver where the VHD is for example and extract .sys files only while doing that. This would give better end result than including driver packs.

Edited by genetix, 30 August 2013 - 09:25 AM.

#1052 JanuszChmiel

JanuszChmiel

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 201 posts
  •  
    Czech_ Republic

Posted 30 August 2013 - 10:22 AM

Dear WIMB,

Thank You very much for Yours excellent tools. It is really possible to make universal portable XP and Windows 7 thanks to Yours approach.

I have removed all data from my internal harddisk to have The insurance, that XP is really only booted from USB external harddrive. So very well done. I can really make regular partition bootable and universal operating system do not had to be only sstarted from VHD virtual harddisk.

So thank you dear WIMB, very well done, reliable tool for advanced users and system administrators is really here thanks to You and thanks to other Rebootpro members..

My little question is, how to force NT kernel to close NTFS partition correctly while booting universal XP from NTFS partition, it is standard installation, no VHD harddisk with The modiffycations made by Yours excellent program. Do You think, that if i will use cacacheman from Sysinternal to write cache before choosing shut down Windows, that i would have The chance to force NT kernel to close The partition correctly?

Or do You think, that would be possible to increase The services timeout in The registry so Windows would have more time to write all data to NTFS partition? The Target partition have been correctly modified  by using USB_XP_Fix.exe.

Or i would avoid those problems by using XP installed on  .VHD file?

#1053 wimb

wimb

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 3756 posts
  • Interests:Boot and Install from USB
  •  
    Netherlands

Posted 30 August 2013 - 10:32 AM

There should NOT be any problem in stopping Windows when booted from portable USB-harddisk.

What do you use USB-Stick or USB-harddisk ?

Did you take care to have no pagefile.sys or hiberfil.sys ?

Have a look with Windows Explorer and be sure that hidden and system files are shown.

XP

- Reduce size to get rid of pagefile.sys and hiberfil.sys via:
- right click My Computer > select Properties > Advanced > Change Virtual memory > select No pagefile and Set
- right click on Desktop > Screen Protection > Energy > Uncheck Sleep settings to get rid of hiberfil.sys

What kind of problem do you experience when shutting down Windows ?

#1054 genetix

genetix

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 132 posts
  •  
    Finland

Posted 30 August 2013 - 10:55 AM

Add this:

http://technet.micro...ernals/bb897438

in to group policy editor >

Local Computer Policy > Computer Configuration > Windows Settings > Scripts (startup/shutdown) > Shutdown

with -r parameter like:

Script: C:\mytools\sync.exe

Parameters: -r

Edited by genetix, 30 August 2013 - 10:56 AM.

#1055 JanuszChmiel

JanuszChmiel

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 201 posts
  •  
    Czech_ Republic

Posted 30 August 2013 - 11:21 AM

Dear Genetix,

I have followed Yours instructions, and The Windows Explorer opened The following folder.

C:\WINDOWS\System32\GroupPolicy\Machine\Scripts\Shutdown

But The folder is empty. So do i need to copy sinc.exe to this subfolder and must i create The ascii text file with some special extension with The command

sinc -r

But which file extension must The file have?

Must it be .cmd extension, .bat extension or other file extension?

Thank You very much for Yours help.

This thread is excellent and i can learn many thinks from more advanced people here.

#1056 cdob

cdob

Gold Member

• Expert
  • 1469 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 04:44 PM

I can give support for INTEL iusb3hub and iusb3xhc

I wonder: does Intel USB 3.0 iusb3*.sys drivers works at XP nontheless?

http://www.intel.com...b/CS-033072.htm
The Intel® USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller Driver is not supported in Windows* XP or Windows* Vista. For these operating systems, make sure your BIOS settings have the xHCI Mode set to Auto or Smart Auto. This step reconfigures the USB 3.0 ports to function as USB 2.0 ports using the native Windows* EHCI driver.

http://www.intel.com...b/CS-033962.htm
The port might be routed to the ECHI controller instead of the xHCI controller.

http://support.lenov...?DocID=HT077585
Even though the Intel INF(Chipset) driver is installed, the USB 3.0 port will still function as USB 2.0.

Most likely the USB 3 port works at USB 2 mode.

I do already have all USB 3.0 era storages now with txtsetup.oem so I do not consider them anylonger an issue.

VIA/Etron USB 3 drivers use WDF environment. WDF is missing at default XP.
Do you add addional Windows Driver Frameworks (WDF) drivers too?
http://www.911cd.net...98

A possible reg setting http://superuser.com...ve-code-3-error

As for installing from a VIA USB 3 I add to hivesys.inf:
HKLM,"SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Wdf01000","ImagePath",0x0,"System32\Drivers\wdf01000.sys"

• wimb likes this

#1057 wimb

wimb

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 3756 posts
  •  
    Netherlands

Posted 30 August 2013 - 05:19 PM

@cdob

Thanks for interesting info and help in the work to support USB 3.0 for XP.

Things are certainly more complex and there is a lot more to study on the subject.

I understand that the Intel xHCI controller is not supported for XP,

so it is normal that the iusb3xhc.sys and iusb3hub.sys  drivers are not present in DriverPack C

USB 3.0 Support for VIA and Etron is also not so simple as they require WDF.

Well we will try to support as good as possible, but all help regarding the subject is welcome :)

:cheers:

#1058 genetix

genetix

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 132 posts
  •  
    Finland

Posted 31 August 2013 - 09:01 PM

@wimb

Here's something for ya...

--- link removed by user request ---

MD5: 7d2ee95e6a50891f706fe287f8d420b5

I build cmd for getting criticaldevicedatabase registry's directly from any driverpack. It will also make coffee and build "drivers\"-folder with duplicates ready to be service with latest version on top load. Also decided that this project is kinda too limited, so, going to build the whole damn thing since I got quite a bit entries build already for ground the entire anyboot I was planning.

(tool will work in it's folder and not touch OS ran from by any means, extract to drive:\somefolder\ smaller the better since driver path lenghts could become an issue, if it's in some hebrew path at windows document, lol. Also, to be noted this is v0.01, so, might wanna give it a go/test with 'DP_MassStorage_wnt5_x86-32_1209.7z' only for now.)

PLEASE READ THE USAGE (readme.txt) BEFORE EVEN CONSIDERING TO USE.

Saying this in bold since I build this one for myself "not to public usage".

@cdob

For intel question yes they will work at USB 3.0 not down ported or well at least the speed is hundreds of megs nothing close to 40MB/s.

Yeah VIA/Etron are nasty ones and yes you need few files integrated with them, IF you actually plan to boot XP in clean USB, but assuming anyone running this sort of controller will make it to the OS, anyway, by internal HD they will be able to add required files by VIA/Etron driver installation before moving the VHD to USB. Alternatively, direct USB installation can be built inside VHD and then moved to USB which will allow required modifications from official driver software for these drivers.

What goes to Windows Driver Kit,well, none of components from it can be included of course and if you would install the OS from any other controller and then add that stick to Etron/VIA controllers that would never work. However, you can still register missing, if absolutely most be booted from second system and then boot these controller. This however cannot be done unless the controller is seen by the system once.

@JanuszChmiel

You should double click 'Shutdown' > press 'Add..' inside gpedit.msc and had 'sync.exe' somewhere in HD > 'Browse...' to locate sync.exe and add Script parameter: -r

this will flush the removable devices before shutdown.

Alternatively, you could as well make .cmd file with 3 line:

sync.exe -r

timeout 5

shutdown -s

Edited by Nuno Brito, 05 September 2013 - 08:41 AM.
link removed by user request

#1059 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 01 September 2013 - 10:44 AM

@genetix
JFYI, point 2 of the Sysinternals EULA (included in the file):

2. SCOPE OF LICENSE. The software is licensed, not sold. This agreement only gives you some rights to use the software. Sysinternals reserves all other rights. Unless applicable law gives you more rights despite this limitation, you may use the software only as expressly permitted in this agreement. In doing so, you must comply with any technical limitations in the software that only allow you to use it in certain ways.

You may not:

* work around any technical limitations in the binary versions of the software;
* reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble the binary versions of the software, except and only to the extent that
applicable law expressly permits, despite this limitation;
* make more copies of the software than specified in this agreement or allowed by applicable law, despite this limitation;
* publish the software for others to copy;
* rent, lease or lend the software;
* transfer the software or this agreement to any third party; or
* use the software for commercial software hosting services.

A link to:
http://technet.micro...s/bb897441.aspx
may be IMHO more appropriate.

Wonko

#1060 genetix

genetix

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 132 posts
  •  
    Finland

Posted 01 September 2013 - 10:53 AM

@Wonko

Well could you remove my link because this forum software doesn't wanna allow me to edit. I will include a new one with downloader EULA was reported to downloading website.

Although, because of your constant notions this case, some version check file from microsoft backyard, hell, I think that attitude alone makes any of the billions of people on this planet prefer illegally downloading and providing any source they will build to people illegally just by seeing that attitude. That attitude alone you have makes more "WAREZ" that without it at network. Whole human sociaty is living 'Downloading age' and we have been providing illegal content since we learned to build fire in cave man age. Even then we used which ever tree branch to lite our fire no matter what the next caveman had written to the tree branch or written with the tree branch.

I am just saying negative attitude against copyrighted material only increases it's usage.

Generalization of your attitude affect example:

Just because you referred that there is 1 singular version detecting app belonging to microsoft inside package I built I feel like I should take the whole project to file sharing networks forums to build, just to ignore the whole idea. As I do not believe "can be done with what user build material" I believe in "If it can be done by any means nessessary, what ever works the best is a win". Top of that if I would do that I would include entire source with thousands of illegal files which are used at the project with my personal usage licenses.

But I am pretty sure knowing you by now a bit better. That as long I bother to stay at this forum trying to create something useful and searching information to get something useful working we will always be in disagreement about this subject and no I believe you have obsession over legal concept which is completely soon negated to human kind history as said we are living is "downloading age". Even more dramatic example would be military forced law over human which works as perfect example of human tolerance of laws and rules. If people would be put under <anyone> determing what they are allowed to do every second they will consider and attempt to figure how to break these laws by any means nessessary or die by trying,

but I think you believe you should jump when someone tell you to? 24/7 jump every minute? This exact deal apply's to copyright lisences as far I can see.

Edited by genetix, 01 September 2013 - 11:45 AM.

#1061 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 01 September 2013 - 01:44 PM

Look, you posted something, I provided on it my personal opinion.

Nothing more, nothing less.

If you find the suggestion inappropriate, then don't follow it.

Following it while whining about it is nonsensical.

I personally read your last post (and actually a number of other ones, but that would be largely OT) as I read Vogon's Poetry, something that cannot be readily or really understood but that instinctively sounds "wrong" and aggressive without reason besides largely unfriendly.

I am sincerely saddened by the fact that "staying on this forum" is something that "bothers" you, though I won't suggest you how exactly you can avoid this bothering.

Wonko

#1062 JanuszChmiel

JanuszChmiel

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 201 posts
  •  
    Czech_ Republic

Posted 01 September 2013 - 02:22 PM

Dear Wonko,

You are one of The founder of The reboot pro discussion WEB site.

May i ask You for Yours opinion on The WIMBs project, which is able to make universal XP and Windows 7?

I have tried it and i think, that it is possible to even integrate drivers also by putting them to The drivers folder on The bootable USB drive, because driverforge, if i did not understood it bad can automatically detect them.

There is also possibility to use previously prepared installation source with mass storage and other drivers integrated.

I would like to very sorry by MR WIMB, that i have firstly modified his tutorial for myself, that i have firstly tried to install Xp on virtual machine and that i have thought, that using this .vhd file can produce universal XP. Today i have found out, that it is very good to follow his tutorials, because WIMB is very smart developer and he know, what he is writing about.

And and it is very important, he and many others reboot pro members is doing his complex work free of charge.

Licensing polici is problem aspecially while making projects such as live PE or universal Windows.

The complex think is to include all licensing agreements to The installation packages, including get WAIK tools to download WAIK files from The Internet.

It is sometimes very complex to realize The project, which will work automatically with only several steps and to be in The balance with all licensing requirements.

Thank You dear Wonko that You are also monitoring those licensing issues.

It is also the question, if drivers, very complex system programs are also not protected by some licensing conditions. We must believe, that driverpacks developers pleased every driver manufacturers for The permission, that their drivers can be added to The driverpacks archives.

I hope, that somebody, who is deeply familiar with software rights will explain me.

#1063 JanuszChmiel

JanuszChmiel

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 201 posts
  •  
    Czech_ Republic

Posted 01 September 2013 - 02:50 PM

Dear WIMB,

I have been even able to use driverpack solution to update all system drivers while using USB bootable drive with Yours path applied on it.

I think, that You would even enable users to use VHDcompactxp and VHDW7compact.exe also on The standard partitions, not only for .vhd file, if it would be possible please.

Yours project is serving excellently for me.

#1064 genetix

genetix

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 132 posts
  •  
    Finland

Posted 01 September 2013 - 06:26 PM

@Wonko the Sane

whining.. I simply stated my opinion over your remark. I even admited that you were correct, but dislike the contant whining about it in every small detail no one on this planet would give a rats about.

Either way... Moving on...

@Wimb

here's new version 0.01b

http://www68.zippysh...19873/file.html

MD5: cc99ed3c8dc4ee72b9ac2bb7ad0fd20e

No sigcheck or other license software than the 7-zip...

And since I got hours stuck of building new loops to get versions from INF looks like that took todays time which I could of used to build services or other stuff.

Edited by genetix, 01 September 2013 - 06:27 PM.

#1065 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 01 September 2013 - 06:38 PM

To the only scope of exactness, there is a license - BTW very liberal :thumbup: - for inifile.exe as well:

++++ Disclaimer, Copyright

This program is distributed as "freeware", copyright reserved by the
author. There are no warranties of any kind, nor any liability by
the author. Users accept full responsibility for the use they make
of the software and for any damage caused thereby.

Source available: http://www.horstmuc....e/inifile16.zip

Contact the author:

mailto:horst.schaeffer@gmx.net
http://www.horstmuc.de/

*** 27 May 2009

It is inside the inifile.txt file:

http://www.horstmuc....t32.htm#inifile

Wonko

#1066 cdob

cdob

Gold Member

• Expert
  • 1469 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 06:54 PM

For intel question yes they will work at USB 3.0 not down ported or well at least the speed is hundreds of megs nothing close to 40MB/s.

That's good news. I wonder still: does Intel USB 3 drivers work at XP usbd.sys, kernel and hal.
Any real hardware reports are highly welcome.

What goes to Windows Driver Kit,well, none of components from it can be included of course and if you would install the OS from any other controller and then add that stick to Etron/VIA controllers that would never work. However, you can still register missing, if absolutely most be booted from second system and then boot these controller. This however cannot be done unless the controller is seen by the system once.

Did you read the links?
I'm booting BartPE from a VIA USB 3.0 controller.
Windows Driver Kit components are included and controller is not seen by the system at build time.

#1067 cdob

cdob

Gold Member

• Expert
  • 1469 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 06:56 PM

That's good news. I wonder still: does Intel USB 3 drivers work at XP usbd.sys, kernel and hal.
Any real hardware reports are highly welcome.

Did you read the links?
I'm booting BartPE from a VIA USB 3.0 controller.
Windows Driver Kit components are included and controller is not seen by the system at build time.

#1068 genetix

genetix

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 132 posts
  •  
    Finland

Posted 01 September 2013 - 08:03 PM

@cdob

I got Intel hardware, well not here but can test it what do you need?

No sorry skipped the links as got no VIA controllers(at here) to test, but I know that if I add VIA controller to system boot the system at VIA controller so windows registers ghost ID, boot the system at <any> other controller and install the VIA hub and controller it should boot up, correct me, if I am wrong (I do know simply hub/controller inf/sys won't fly I mean install the actual software for the controller).

Host (Driver) from this page: http://via-labs.com/...t/downloads.jsp

Edited by genetix, 01 September 2013 - 08:10 PM.

#1069 cdob

cdob

Gold Member

• Expert
  • 1469 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 09:12 PM

I got Intel hardware, well not here but can test it what do you need?

Boot XP from Intel USB 3.0 controller and test transfer speed after.

I've no relating hardware.

Edited by cdob, 01 September 2013 - 09:18 PM.

#1070 genetix

genetix

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 132 posts
  •  
    Finland

Posted 02 September 2013 - 11:35 AM

Hmm, looks like v0.01b has still bug and does a bit too much. Missed one idea what can resident at driver path and that is that driver havign multiple drivers stored in singular inf will become an issue, if that driver doesn't have service also. So, gonna fix that next.

@cdob

yeh, gonna take me at least to tomorrow for Intel Controller.

I know Wimb has one, but I also know he said his off few days. Also, I am not sure how to test this properly because when I boot to USB 3.0 controller the storage is in constant use and everytime you do for example 2 simultanous read/write operations it is 4 times slower than singular one. I guess some practical test is the top speed being over USB 2.0 or not, perhaps test with some tool directly by booting some tool able to test.

Also, wonder, if for example I would result USB 2.0 speeds would this simply indicate that BIOS-USB Firmware has flaw while using Legacy USB 3.0 turning to USB 2.0 to keep compatibility to be booted from.

Edited by genetix, 02 September 2013 - 11:43 AM.

#1071 genetix

genetix

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 132 posts
  •  
    Finland

Posted 04 September 2013 - 03:39 PM

Seems that I just don't wanna build the 'all' inf2reg kinda concept. Looking at how other people have failed in this should learn that, if those 10 times probably smarter people have failed what I am trying to build don't think I have much chances or completing unless I can find and continue some project from web as I don't believe 1 person could pull it off simply hundreds of thousands of db entries separate locations and incredible badly build information by microsoft guidelines.

What I am saying is just that as those people I also ended up creating service + CDDB which isn't anywhere near enough and to get enough needs 10 loops progressed through to get right answer.

Further more I think I'll move to more direct methods.. Direct 'DPInst.exe',ALL or Nothing, forcing and in legacy mode installation method dump registry and reg shot it all. (sadly this will not work for Windows 7/8)

--

As for testing intel haven't gotten that yet. Working on it.

Edited by genetix, 04 September 2013 - 03:45 PM.

#1072 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 05 September 2013 - 08:43 AM

@genetix, I've edited the post as requested and then moved your account to "advanced level" where you have no such post editing restrictions.

#1073 wimb

wimb

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 3756 posts
  •  
    Netherlands

Posted 14 September 2013 - 08:18 AM

-
*** Update IMG_XP_78 package ***

• Added   - USB 3.0 boot support for XP booting from VHD or HDD
  • Update  - USB_XP_Fix.exe + VHD_XP_Compact.exe + Win_Restore.exe - USB 3.0 boot support for XP
  • Update  - Copy of .NET 2.0 improved in VHD_XP_Compact.exe by adding some missing winsxs files
  • Update  - BOOT_IMG.exe - improvement in overflow measurement on Drive in case of existing Image file
  • Changed - Program Version - latest version is 7.8

Download  - IMG_XP_78 - mirror

Run IMG_XP.exe and Extract to simple path

Thanks to genetix for making for XP USB3.0 Service and CriticalDeviceDatabase Registry Values derived from inf files.

More Info - USB 3.0 boot support for XP booting from VHD or HDD

Install USB 3.0 Drivers for XP from folder Windows\DriverPacks\C\U as integrated by DPs_BASE.exe by using KTD option.
Add Service and CriticalDeviceDatabase Registry Values 
and according to KTD we Set DevicePath in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
Add about 6 MB for 16 extra Drivers to boot from USB 3.0

amdhub30, amdxhc, asmthub3, asmtxhci, EtronHUB3, EtronXHCI, FLxHCIh, FLxHCIc, 
nusb3hub, nusb3xhc, rusb3hub, rusb3xhc, tihub3, tixhci, ViaHub3, xhcdrv

Etron(EtronHUB3 + EtronXHCI) and Fresco(FLxHCIh + FLxHCIc) and VIA(ViaHub3 + xhcdrv)
require still improvement of the registry, but all other USB 3.0 drivers are expected to work.

If you have Etron, Fresco or VIA USB3.0 hardware working OK for XP, 
then I would like to receive the Exported Registry for the mentioned Services,
so that I can improve the registry in my program packages by adding the missing Parameters and WDF Service registry. 

#1074 genetix

genetix

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 132 posts
  •  
    Finland

Posted 15 September 2013 - 05:01 AM

Etron(EtronHUB3 + EtronXHCI) and Fresco(FLxHCIh + FLxHCIc) and VIA(ViaHub3 + xhcdrv)

These controllers needs their software installed after you have installed the XP/7 VHD. This means, if you want these controllers to work on your build. You have to get the manufacturer driver software and before you move the VHD to 2nd location and make sure those services are at UsbBootWatcher or modify service to start order again.

Also testing these shows that you most be very specific on load order. Everything on system except SCSI/IDE most goes before the USB 3.0 driver, then you load the storage drivers and then you can actually boot the system.

@common

http://reboot.pro/to...g-inf-with-cmd/ <- I actually try'd to do this took me to far end of the driver loading. Basically I finished it even the Ored Bitmask registry's and completed that with actual INF checked file copy by hardcoded topics. That as an idea works few times better(of course you only need CPU/storage drivers "to survive", but..) than any driverpack there could ever be as my method actually has every driver installed in system there can be. The problem is I just can't get it to bareable level to send to any network as I built it probably 10 times again and again and I am still stuck at dumping information to 'files' instead of using set as there is quite a bit of information at INF to get out even while end result is just "hardware, software, service'-registry, DeviceID- & Files/Destinations-list.

I am still trying, but as said I've re-written it 10 times it's quite insane size script and it still probably needs to be rewritten few times from top to bottom to make it bareable to public use.

#1075 wimb

wimb

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 3756 posts
  •  
    Netherlands

Posted 15 September 2013 - 07:18 AM

If you have USB 3.0 hardware , then real Install of USB 3.0 driver is preferred 
e.g by using IntegrateDrv before Setup Or by using DriverForge or dpinst after Setup of XP 
Or by using manufacturer driver software or by DriverUpdate in DeviceManager.

My present approach is about post setup fixing to make XP VHD Universal for booting from USB 3.0 on any hardware.
UsbBootWatcher is used to keep and protect the settings for Group and Start of USB 3.0 Services.

USB_XP_Fix.exe and VHD_XP_Compact.exe and Win_Restore.exe can give USB 3.0 boot support for XP on any hardware.

Install USB 3.0 Drivers for XP from folder Windows\DriverPacks\C\U as integrated by DPs_BASE.exe by using KTD option.
Add Service and CriticalDeviceDatabase Registry Values 
and according to KTD we Set DevicePath in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
Add about 6 MB for 16 extra Drivers to boot from USB 3.0

Your initial BSOD problem for booting on AsMedia USB 3.0 is that solved now by my present approach ?

Do you have hardware with Etron Or Fresco Or VIA USB 3.0  or any other make supporting USB 3.0 ?
I am interested in getting exported registry of ALL USB 3.0 Services working OK in XP
so that I can make probably better registry fixes for that hardware.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: vhd, tutorial

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users