#251 antonino61

antonino61

Gold Member

• Advanced user
  • 1095 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 20 May 2021 - 09:32 PM

back to the terrain of brute-force deletion (see pretty much above), here is one more piece of info I have just acquired thru my own experience - instead of deleting whatever instances of "smartcard" and "smartcreen", one would sooner delete all instances of "smart", the result being more stuff out with no hindrance at all to the system. 

#252 antonino61

antonino61

Gold Member

• Advanced user
  • 1095 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 28 May 2021 - 06:35 PM

back to brute-force deletion, I can announce that also the eradication of all appreadiness files and subfolders will be of no hindrance to the system. the same can be said of sysmain.

#253 antonino61

antonino61

Gold Member

• Advanced user
  • 1095 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 19 June 2021 - 02:07 AM

well, folks, back to wimb's win reducer - it does work in win11 too, provided the apps box stays unticked, though (at least for the time being). and I have to add that brute force deletion is much more easy and less jerky than in the case of win10. Still relative to the win10-win11 comparison, the latter does not keep the optimal taskbar structure if u brute-force-delete all file and folder occurrences of "search" - to keep the win11 taskbar intact u can delete only the files that are not open at the time of deletion and leave alone those which are open and do not "go away" (namely "SearchIndexerCore.dll" and "Windows.Storage.Search.dll").

#254 antonino61

antonino61

Gold Member

• Advanced user
  • 1095 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 22 June 2021 - 01:10 AM

Well, after a few days of file and folder perusals, I have come to the realization that what disrupts the win11 taskbar is the content of the C:\Users\...username...\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer subfolder, which contains the list of apps that appear at the center of the taskbar. This is why u can safely brute-force-delete all other file and folder ""occurrences" of "internetexplorer" and of "internet explorer" but the one above containing the pinned apps.

oh, one more thing - it is much better to leave sysmain alone and enable superfetch in windows 11, lest 1 should be in for 55 seconds longer bootup times.

#255 antonino61

antonino61

Gold Member

• Advanced user
  • 1095 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 24 June 2021 - 09:47 PM

among the other things that I have just found out can safely be removed, we have all file and folder "occurrences" of "dfr*.* (if u use other defragging software), of "odbc" and "iscsi" (if u do not use them), and of "remote" (if u do not want any remote desktop connections). I have good reason to believe these instances of brute-force deletion hold good both for win10 and win11. Sticking to win11, just in case u apply wimb's reducer, make sure u have windowsapps unticked and then go to \program files\windowsapps and delete all its content but what will not delete (it is open), which is to stay where it is, lest u should lose taskbar integrity and bootup speed (10-11secs).

#256 antonino61

antonino61

Gold Member

• Advanced user
  • 1095 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 2 weeks ago

also the \Windows\Hydrogen subfolder can be gotten rid of

#257 antonino61

antonino61

Gold Member