1 reply to this topic

#1 ylafont

ylafont

• Members
  • 55 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 19 November 2013 - 11:28 PM

I am now at my witts end, I was forced to recreate this script and believed it to be a no brainer since I had done it before. It must have been luck, I have been messing around with this for the past two weeks trying different methods to no avail.  No matter what I try, I cannot get past. 

"E000101F4: Unable to open (intialize) computer - Unable to intialize snapshot manager library (0x100005) Tag=0x8D5BF87C203E86CB The system cannot find the specified (0xFFF0) code=80070002 tag 0xBD28FDBD64EDBAF"

During the script process, I do get the following errors:

[Failed]  (TrueImage Echo Enterprise- Fully Working.script Acronis True Image Echo Enterprise (Fully Working)) RegWrite - Type: [0x3E7] Section [HKLM\wb-hive\ControlSet001\Enum\ACPI\PNP0A03\2&daba3ff&0\Control] Key [FilteredConfigVector]: 

[Failed]  (TrueImage Echo Enterprise- Fully Working.script Acronis True Image Echo Enterprise (Fully Working)) RegWrite - Type: [0x3E7] Section [HKLM\wb-hive\ControlSet001\Enum\PCIIDE\IDEChannel\4&23686003&0&0\Control] Key [FilteredConfigVector]: 

[Failed]  (TrueImage Echo Enterprise- Fully Working.script Acronis True Image Echo Enterprise (Fully Working)) RegWrite - Type: [0x3E7] Section [HKLM\wb-hive\ControlSet001\Enum\PCIIDE\IDEChannel\4&23686003&0&1\Control] Key [FilteredConfigVector]: 

But figure it could safely ignor them since Winbuilder does not how to handle reg type of REG_RESOURCE_REQUIREMENTS_LIST. (or does it) 

• I have not performed any cleanup in the registy file, Like removing CurrentVersion and installer sections of the registry. just in case.

• I have tried not to use variables and hard coded the x:\i386, X:\Prrogram Files and X:\program Files\Common Files. just in case.

• I have used, WinInstall, InstallRight and VMware Setup Capture to  Capture file and registry changes. Each of the installation application works when installed on another systems.

Clearly I am missing something, What is it?  Anyone have a clue? thanks.

#2 ylafont

ylafont

• Members
  • 55 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 24 November 2013 - 12:35 AM

Clearly I am missing something, What is it?  Anyone have a clue? thanks.

Clearly I was !

I eventually realized the installation for this application is a bit different for Windows PE vs. Windows XP. 

Snapman.sys is used with WindowsPE,  This driver is only made available is by installing the  BartPE Module of the application. Something I was totally ignoring.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users