- - - - -

ERD Commander 2005

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Dani S

Dani S

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • Interests:Industrial/EBM, Funker Vogt, Windows Servers, ASP.NET, custom boot disks
  •  
    Canada

Posted 22 January 2007 - 07:41 PM

Hi,

I this a PE 2.0 thing or am I missing some files or something?

I downloaded the commercial software plugins and added the files (i thought were needed) from the erd commander 2005 iso (after it was created by the wizard), but noticed there were a couple of issues.

1) I tried using erdroot.exe from sherypa and am unable to see a file listing both in VMWare 6 and on a physical PC. What's the deal???
2) So I manually ran "Set target_root=c:\windows" on an XP machine, then tried using ERD system restore (I want to use this CD for both Vista and XP installations) it told me that it couldn't locate any restore points on the HD. When I ran process monitor on the systemrestore.exe file, it told me it was looking for restore points in C:\system volume information\rp*.*, but the system restore points are really in C:\System Volume Information\restore{some-long-GUID}\rp*.*
3) When I tried using the registry editor, nothing appeared in in the Window, but when I manually ran the sytem regedit, I had noticed my system hives were all loaded into memory under HKLM\Software...

Is anyone else experiencing any issues with ERD Commander 2005?

#2 nate

nate

• .script developer
  • 18 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 09:23 PM

i think i can help with #1, ive expirenced the same issue but it was with bartpe
ive resolved it by using paragliders settargetroot
http://www.paraglide...getRoot1003.cab , dont know about 2/3 but it might be just incompatbility with vista

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users