10 replies to this topic

#1 Desperado

Desperado
  • Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
    Jamaica

Posted 28 November 2009 - 11:42 PM

Im using VistaPE v12(RC1) for the first. Immediately after play I get the following two errors.

RegRead - Failed to read specified key from: [HKLM]Section: [SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\WimFltr] Key: [DisplayName] to variable:: [%RegName%]

Run - Failed to find section [NotConfigured] in file: [%BaseDir%\Projects\VistaPE-Core\Base\00-api-main.script]

I am using Vista Ultimate files copied from my DVD to a directory on my HDD, to which I have pointed the program. Any ideas, on what I have forgotten ? :thumbup:

#2 JonF

JonF

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1185 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 29 November 2009 - 12:53 AM

Have you installed a WAIK? You must.

Also, try VistaPE-CAPI as downloaded from the vistape.winbuilder.net server in WinBuilder. Lots of bug fixes and improvements. See the l

#3 Desperado

Desperado
  • Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
    Jamaica

Posted 29 November 2009 - 05:12 PM

I haven't added a WAIK as I saw an earlier post where you could run WimUtil install to prevent its use, I tried that but got other errors. I was looking into the WAIK, but got daunted by the elaborate deployment procedures. Ok, just noticed that after installation of WAIK, I don't actually have to do the procedures, I'll try again.

#4 was_jaclaz

was_jaclaz

Finder

• Advanced user
  • 7100 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 29 November 2009 - 05:54 PM

You don't actually need to deploy anything, you just need to download and install the WAIK (or extract from it the needed files, but this is NOT matter for a "first attempt").

:thumbup:

jaclaz

#5 Desperado

Desperado
  • Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
    Jamaica

Posted 29 November 2009 - 06:31 PM

Ok, no problem, I noticed that I don't have to deploy anything. I have done these deployments previously on Windows 2000 (so i know of the agony). Thanks for the heads up :thumbup:

#6 Desperado

Desperado
  • Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
    Jamaica

Posted 29 November 2009 - 07:12 PM

Ok, I just burnt my first ISO from Winbuilder 078 SP4 (complete install), only problem I noticed was twice or thrice wget.exe hanged during the build. I am now testing same on a crashed Vista laptop. So far Ive loaded without any errors. Now let's see what it can do for me ............ :thumbup:

#7 Desperado

Desperado
  • Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
    Jamaica

Posted 29 November 2009 - 07:42 PM

Ok, most programs seem to work, but Avira Personal Antivirus gives the following message at the end of the update "validation of engine and VDF failed", so it still has the original dated engine and virus definition file (7/9/2009). Can anyone suggest what's the cause of this error and a possible fix ?

#8 JonF

JonF

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1185 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 30 November 2009 - 01:11 AM

Ok, most programs seem to work, but Avira Personal Antivirus gives the following message at the end of the update "validation of engine and VDF failed", so it still has the original dated engine and virus definition file (7/9/2009). Can anyone suggest what's the cause of this error and a possible fix ?

What Avira script are you using? There are lots floating around. Probably the best for VistaPE is http://vistape.flemi...irus/Avira9.7z; I got it here but can't find the source now.

#9 Desperado

Desperado
  • Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
    Jamaica

Posted 30 November 2009 - 03:02 PM

Thx, i'll try it then.

#10 Desperado

Desperado
  • Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
    Jamaica

Posted 30 November 2009 - 03:10 PM

I sorted out the wget.exe problem by d/l msvcr71.dll and installed it in both my project/tools and system32 directories and all progs. updated correctly during build phase.

#11 breaker

breaker

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 112 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 07 April 2010 - 03:44 AM

I sorted out the wget.exe problem by d/l msvcr71.dll and installed it in both my project/tools and system32 directories and all progs. updated correctly during build phase.

Yes, I noticed it isn't included, but I've used versions that don't require these dlls. Shouldn't the project include these dlls?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users