3 replies to this topic

#1 al-jo72

al-jo72

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 19 November 2009 - 08:50 PM

Hello there, Experts and Gurus, I don't know if this has been ask before if so, could you kindly point me to the right direction. :cheers: My question is my topic itself, How To Make A Bootable CD/DVD Using Ghost 8.0 In Live XP. I've tried ghosting the image and change the misc. settings, but everytime I tried to burn it, it gives me that there's no disk in my D: drive. That includes my "imgBurn" apps. It does not recognize my D: drive when I tried to used it to burn my data. How can I make this work please help :)

#2 Shirin Zaban

Shirin Zaban

Frequent Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 423 posts
  • Interests:1_Making Unattended and Customized XP<br /><br />2_Making different types of Bootable and Multiboot CD/DVD<br /><br />3_Like to learn more about grub and grub4DOS
  •  
    Iran

Posted 19 November 2009 - 09:14 PM

al-jo72

I could not understand what do you want to do,please explain clearly

If you want to use ghost in livexp project see link below:

http://www.boot-land...?showtopic=7121

But if your question is another topic please give more information.

shirin zaban

#3 Lancelot

Lancelot

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 5013 posts
  • Interests:*Mechanical stuff and Physics,
    *LiveXP, BartPE, SherpyaXPE,
    *Basketball and Looong Walking,
    *Buying outwear for my girlf (Reason: Girls are stupid about buying bad stuff to make themselves uglier :))
    *Girls (Lyric: Girl,...., You will be a womann, Soon)
    *Answering questions for "Meaning of life",
    *Helping people,

Kung with LiveXP, Fu with Peter :)
  •  
    Turkey

Posted 19 November 2009 - 10:31 PM

!

As far as i know, there are 2 basic ways to burn your disk/partition image to a cd on livexp.

1) ghost can write to cd/dvd, local-partition(or disk)-to image==> choose cd drive (I do not know if ghost8 support this or not, but ghost11 support this).
as far as i remember ghost asks you an .ima (.img) file to make 1st cd/dvd bootable (I guess dos bootable, I only tested with win98 boot image including ghost)

2 (better way) ) you back up your image with predefined image size (split) for your media ( cd (~690MB) , dvd (2GB each is fine)) and write to that media with an appropritate cd/dvd recorder under LiveXP. Script here create shortcuts for split options http://www.boot-land...?showtopic=6859

for bootable cd:
Check topics, you may create a DOS bootable cd which may make cd work, OR you can make cd bootable with a small sized livexp including ghost, or ......

#4 al-jo72

al-jo72

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 20 November 2009 - 02:00 PM

Well, basically I want to make a recovery cd/dvd of my PC using ghost 8.0 in LIVE XP. The recovery cd/dvd that I made will automatically boot to DOS (Ghost) and reimage my drive with or little intervention from me. Of course without the use of floppy disk. Because my PC does not have a floppy drive. But everytime I point Ghost 8.0 to my D: drive and start the imaging, even though I put my DVD disk in that drive, Ghost keep on saying that I need to put a media. Does Ghost 8.0 support this kind of feature? Thank you all for your promt reply.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users