I came across the program RMPrepUSB http://www.boot-land...;showtopic=7739
I can successfully create a USB bootable FreeDOS key.
I came across the web site PenDriveLinux http://www.pendrivel...usb-in-windows/
I can successfully create a USB bootable Ubuntu Linux key.
The problem is that I can't make the key boot FreeDOS and Ubuntu. PenDriveLinux uses syslinux for boot menu.
Any ideas on how to do this? I am trying to create the USB dual boot key from Windows, and then type instructions for others to follow.
how to make dual boot DOS/Linux USB
1 reply to this topic
Posted 12 November 2009 - 08:07 AM
You need to take a choice, are you wanting to use:
- grub4dos can directly chainload the freedos kernel and any Linux kernel
- syslinux can directly chainload any Linux kernel (cannot say about freedos, but in the worst case it can use a bootsector file .bs)
- grub4dos can be started as grub.exe from freedos and then chainload the linux kernel
- grub4dos can be started as grub.exe from Linux and then chainload the freedos kernel
- grub4dos can load syslinux
- syslinux can load grub4dos
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users