3 replies to this topic

#1 Eagle710

Eagle710

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
    Canada

Posted 05 November 2009 - 05:34 PM

After having injected the driver into the offline WinPE image and checking which drivers are running on the system using DriverView it seems as though the driver is not running. Only when I remove the USB key does the driver appear as installed/activiated in WinPE. Any ideas?

#2 Nuno Brito

Nuno Brito

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 10,171 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 05 November 2009 - 06:03 PM

So, what is the driver?

Does it depend on specific windows messages that need to occur?

Are all dependencies of the driver met?

If, it does, can you write a small app to send this system wide message and avoid the need of unplugging the USB drive?

-----------

Sorry for all the question marks but there is a lot of information missing and without them, it's only a bunch of guesses for things that usually occur though your case might even not apply to any of them.

:thumbup:

#3 Eagle710

Eagle710

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
    Canada

Posted 05 November 2009 - 06:11 PM

The driver is a Netw4v32.inf (Wireless driver).

I am not sure how I would determine the answers to you other questions. I have used RegShot to take a screenshot of the regitry and determined that once the USB key is removed the device is given a PCI_DEVICE ID and a second network connection adapter is added to specific sections of the registry. (eg. CurrentControlSet\Services\network, tcpip, winsocks)

#4 Eagle710

Eagle710

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
    Canada

Posted 08 December 2009 - 10:46 PM

I figured out a workaround to force the system to detect new devices using a little MS utility called Devcon.

SImply download the and placed Devcon in the system32 folder and call it using devcon rescan .

Thats It.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users