#1 TakuSkan

TakuSkan
  • Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 12 October 2009 - 02:33 AM

Hello Folks

I'm pretty new at a lot of the processes people are involved with in these forums. So please bear with me. I've been experimenting with setting up bootable USB Flash Drives (UFD) to rescue data and configure systems I work with. I've been working with BartPE and XPE, and have begun to with VistPE.

I've been about 99% successful at setting up VistaPE on a Vista SP2 system with Vista WAIK installed and running WinBuilder078SP2. But I did have a few problems.

There were about 8 scripts that wouldn't install giving an error message that some files failed to be copied to the target folders. I found all those files in the system’s main Windows Vista installation directory at C:\Windows. So I found I could run a global search on the text "%SystemFiles%\Windows" and replace all instances with "C:\Windows" in the affected script files, and then have the script successfully install the files.

The vast majority of scripts that used the same "%SystemFiles%" code to copy files ran without any problem. So I'm a little puzzled for an explanation.

I had a similar problem with IE7.script while installing Internet Explorer 7. But I ran into a wall when I got an error message about the registry hive failing to load:

(IE7.script) RegHiveLoad - Failed to load registry hive: [WB-software] From file: [%BaseDir%\Target\VistaPE CAPI v.12 (RC1b common API)\windows\system32\config\software]: The operation completed successfully
Why it reports an error and then says it was successful is odd, as the hive wasn't loaded. Here’s the final few lines of WinBuilder’s log file:

(IE7.script) 

Run - Processed section [CopyFilesExt] in file: [%BaseDir%\Projects\VistaPE-CAPI\Addons\IE7.script]

[#If,%pScrollBox1%,equal,"full",run,%ScriptFile%,CopyFilesFull]

Run - Processing section: [WriteSettings] From file: [%BaseDir%\Projects\VistaPE-CAPI\Addons\IE7.script]

Writing registry hive...

[//]

RegHiveLoad - Failed to load registry hive: [WB-software] From file: [%BaseDir%\Target\VistaPE CAPI v.12 (RC1b common API)\windows\system32\config\software]: The operation completed successfully

Halt

Run - Processed section [WriteSettings] in file: [%BaseDir%\Projects\VistaPE-CAPI\Addons\IE7.script]
If someone could tell me what I need to do here I'd really appreciate it.
Thx
TS

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users