Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (Vista & Win7 Only)

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#1 homes32

homes32

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1035 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 09 October 2009 - 08:57 PM

Here it is!

no XP support!

VistaPE support appears to be broken at the moment due to changes regarding user profiles made in MBAM 1.43/44. Please let me know if you have success using this script with a VistaPE build!

Requirements:
  • Winbuilder 077 RC1 or higher
  • a Vista or Win7 based project using the Common_API
  • an internet connection for auto download.

enjoy!

-homes32

Download Here: Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

Changes in v9

• Better support for running under x64 PE
  • Switching between 32 and 64 bit sources no longer requires you to purge cache and re-download.
  • Cleaned up some old code
  • Interface changes.

full version history

#2 JonF

JonF

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1185 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 10 October 2009 - 04:07 AM

Buglet line 29:

If,pCheckBox4,Equal,True,Run,%ScriptFile%,UpdateDefinitions

should be:

If,%pCheckBox4%,Equal,True,Run,%ScriptFile%,UpdateDefinitions

#3 maanu

maanu

Gold Member

• Advanced user
  • 1134 posts
  •  
    Pakistan

Posted 10 October 2009 - 11:20 AM

with all due respect to the author of the software and the script (plz read again no offense ) , it is NOT meant to be used on a off line system . it is meant to be to run on live systems . it is because it reacts with its full power when it finds the ACTIVE malware which it cant while running from pe.

we have discussed it already in ubcd4win forums a while ago .,

#4 homes32

homes32

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1035 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 10 October 2009 - 11:19 PM

with all due respect to the author of the software and the script (plz read again no offense ) , it is NOT meant to be used on a off line system . it is meant to be to run on live systems . it is because it reacts with its full power when it finds the ACTIVE malware which it cant while running from pe.

we have discussed it already in ubcd4win forums a while ago .,

no offense taken. actually if you look at the script interface at the bottom I make this clear, as well as in nice red letters on the download page. Hopefully the mbam team is making good progress on their "pe version" and we can in the future use mbam from pe with its full power.

#5 homes32

homes32

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1035 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 10 October 2009 - 11:53 PM

Buglet line 29:

If,pCheckBox4,Equal,True,Run,%ScriptFile%,UpdateDefinitions

should be:

If,%pCheckBox4%,Equal,True,Run,%ScriptFile%,UpdateDefinitions

fixed! thanks!

#6 homes32

homes32

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1035 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 09 November 2009 - 05:08 PM

v3 up. see 1st post.

#7 jfmiller52

jfmiller52

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 12 December 2009 - 06:48 PM

will this still work even though they just released a new version?

#8 paraglider

paraglider

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1743 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 12 December 2009 - 07:47 PM

If you read the download page this is what it says:

As of Malwarebytes 1.42 this script is not working do to changes in the new version making it difficult to run under PE. Give me some time to fingure something out.

#9 jfmiller52

jfmiller52

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 13 December 2009 - 02:49 AM

sorry, missed that.

#10 homes32

homes32

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1035 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 14 December 2009 - 02:51 PM

sorry. I posted on the download page an forgot to update the 1st post.

#11 homes32

homes32

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1035 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 18 December 2009 - 06:20 PM

ok everything should be working again. let me know if there are any issues.

#12 Gostep

Gostep

• Members
  • 77 posts
  •  
    Vietnam

Posted 12 March 2010 - 12:48 AM

When building using just the standard download of Win7RescuePe.. and adding the MBAM script.. it runs without a Halt... but, booted (USB) there is no start menu.. and when you navigate to Program Files to run it spits out Error 0...

I have checked update at build and that is all.

Do, I have to have Malware Bytes installed on the build system?

#13 homes32

homes32

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1035 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 12 March 2010 - 07:46 PM

When building using just the standard download of Win7RescuePe.. and adding the MBAM script.. it runs without a Halt... but, booted (USB) there is no start menu..

I have heard reports of this happening with other scripts and booting from USB. it has to do with shortcuts only being generated in the config file on the system drive and the config file on the cd being skipped. in short is it a loader issue with the project.

and when you navigate to Program Files to run it spits out Error 0...

you need to use mbamstart.exe, not mbam.exe to run malwarebytes in PE, also joshua's win7peloader has issues withe the hidenowait command I use to register files needed for mbam so you may have to run mbamstart.exe /register if you are getting errors with mbamext.dll, ssubtmr6.dll, or vbalsgrid6.ocx

that being said, I haven't had much time to properly test Mbam 1.44 with this script as I have been busy with ShutdownPE so if you could tell me/post screenshots of the error messages if the above doesn't work I would appreciate it.

Do, I have to have Malware Bytes installed on the build system?

no all files are downloaded automatically.

#14 Tense

Tense

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 12 March 2010 - 08:18 PM

Yes, when running it with mbamstart.exe it give the warning box and then error 0. I will test with the command you provide. Is there a way to automatically get around this?

#15 homes32

homes32

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1035 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 15 March 2010 - 07:18 PM

I will test with the command you provide. Is there a way to automatically get around this?

you can replace the following line
AddAutoRun,"Malwarebytes' Component Registration","%PE_Programs%\%ProgramFolder%\MbamStart.exe","/register"
with
AddAutoRun,"Malwarebytes' Component Registration","%PE_Programs%\%ProgramFolder%\MbamStart.exe","/register",3
and it should work until Joshua has time to fix his pe loader.

regards.
Homes32

#16 Tense

Tense

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 16 March 2010 - 03:14 PM

Thanks for the code. I modified that script.. but, now I am getting a Halt error on build. It says:

FileDelete - Failed to delete [%BaseDir%\Workbench\Common\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\install_script.iss]: The operation completed successfully

I have looked in the folder and that file does not exist.. now, please excuse my noobishness.. but I am assuming that it SHOULD be and that is the error. Am I correct?

#17 homes32

homes32

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1035 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 16 March 2010 - 08:52 PM

Thanks for the code. I modified that script.. but, now I am getting a Halt error on build. It says:

I have looked in the folder and that file does not exist.. now, please excuse my noobishness.. but I am assuming that it SHOULD be and that is the error. Am I correct?

are there any other files/folders present? its possible that innounp.exe (the program I use to unpack the mbam installer) needs to be updated for the new installer version.

try pressing the "purge cache" button and rebuild and see if that fixes it, otherwise I may have to update the script.

#18 Tense

Tense

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 30 March 2010 - 04:51 PM

Okay. Well.. Now I am getting a different error.

When trying to run the script it halts with:

"Failed to unpack Malware Bytes!
Make sure you are using the latest version of innounp.exe
The current version is 027."

So, I tried to purge.. but that had no affect.

I appreciate all your help with this.

#19 Lancelot

Lancelot

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 5013 posts
  • Interests:*Mechanical stuff and Physics,
    *LiveXP, BartPE, SherpyaXPE,
    *Basketball and Looong Walking,
    *Buying outwear for my girlf (Reason: Girls are stupid about buying bad stuff to make themselves uglier :))
    *Girls (Lyric: Girl,...., You will be a womann, Soon)
    *Answering questions for "Meaning of life",
    *Helping people,

Kung with LiveXP, Fu with Peter :)
  •  
    Turkey

Posted 30 March 2010 - 06:13 PM

Hi homes32,

now you have to update script, I confirm new mbam-setup works with innounp029

and minor thingies:

If,%pCheckBox3%,Equal,True,Add_Shortcut,QuickLaunch,"%SystemRoot%\system32\Runscanner.exe","Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware#$s","%SystemRoot%\system32","/t 5000 /m+ /sv /sd /ac /y /v /x %PE_Programs%\%ProgramFolder%\MbamStart.exe","%PE_Programs%\%ProgramFolder%\mbam.exe",1

If,%pCheckBox3%,Equal,True,Add_Shortcut,QuickLaunch,,"%SystemRoot%\system32\Runscanner.exe","Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware","%SystemRoot%\system32","/t 5000 /m+ /sv /sd /ac /y /v /x %PE_Programs%\%ProgramFolder%\MbamStart.exe","%PE_Programs%\%ProgramFolder%\mbam.exe",1

in the past I sometimes had troubles with innounp.exe (unreproducable kind), i found a universal solution by using cmd.exe since than no issue. (I do not know if innounp fixed this bugy or not, since unreproducable it is hard to figure out and only depends on luck :)) Anyway, so far I have not get a bugy with mbam-rules.exe yet but since i am a bit sceptical on these things, I made following thingies if you like.

//ShellExecute,Hide,#$q%GlobalTemplates%\%ProgramFolder%\innounp.exe#$q," -x -b -d#$q%GlobalTemplates%\%ProgramFolder%#$q #$q%GlobalTemplates%\%ProgramFolder%\mbam-rules.exe#$q"

-->

ShellExecute,Hide,cmd.exe,"/c innounp.exe -x -b -d#$q%GlobalTemplates%\%ProgramFolder%#$q #$q%GlobalTemplates%\%ProgramFolder%\mbam-rules.exe#$q",%GlobalTemplates%\%ProgramFolder%

//ShellExecute,Hide,#$q%GlobalTemplates%\%ProgramFolder%\innounp.exe#$q," -x -b -d#$q%GlobalTemplates%\%ProgramFolder%#$q #$q%GlobalTemplates%\%ProgramFolder%\mbam-setup.exe#$q"

-->

ShellExecute,Hide,cmd.exe,"/c innounp.exe -x -b -d#$q%GlobalTemplates%\%ProgramFolder%#$q #$q%GlobalTemplates%\%ProgramFolder%\mbam-setup.exe#$q",%GlobalTemplates%\%ProgramFolder%

see you soon. :)

#20 homes32

homes32

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1035 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 01 April 2010 - 03:07 AM

Hi homes32,

now you have to update script, I confirm new mbam-setup works with innounp029

see you soon. :)

- yep new 1.45 needs innounp029
- thanks for catching the #$s I missed that but had quicklaunch comma fixed internally for some time now..

I should have new version ready by this weekend. I had the chance to work with MBAM beta 1.45 but want another day to test with the final version and new script features!

-Homes32

#21 homes32

homes32

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1035 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 03 April 2010 - 03:06 AM

Updated to version 5. see 1st post and pay special attention to notes.

cheers!

Homes32

#22 TomT64

TomT64

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 11 April 2010 - 04:40 PM

Hi homes32!

I have used your script in a Windows 7 Rescue PE format and found that it works perfectly, as long as the updates are not downloaded through your script.

I tracked the problem down, and discovered the problem is not your script, but rather that the mbam-rules.exe file that it downloads is simply not compatible with MBaM 1.45. The file downloaded does indeed install rules.ref into the proper place, but that rules.ref file doesn't work. I tested this on an installation of MBaM on my own machine, and it caused the same error about "incompatible rules."

I am currently (when I have time) checking to see if the rules.ref downloaded direct from the website outside of the mbam-rules.exe is a good file to use, but I don't know enough about the scripts yet to be able to tell you exactly how to change your script if that file would work.

I hope this has been helpful.

#23 homes32

homes32

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1035 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 11 April 2010 - 10:51 PM

Hi homes32!

I have used your script in a Windows 7 Rescue PE format and found that it works perfectly, as long as the updates are not downloaded through your script.

I tracked the problem down, and discovered the problem is not your script, but rather that the mbam-rules.exe file that it downloads is simply not compatible with MBaM 1.45. The file downloaded does indeed install rules.ref into the proper place, but that rules.ref file doesn't work. I tested this on an installation of MBaM on my own machine, and it caused the same error about "incompatible rules."

I am currently (when I have time) checking to see if the rules.ref downloaded direct from the website outside of the mbam-rules.exe is a good file to use, but I don't know enough about the scripts yet to be able to tell you exactly how to change your script if that file would work.

I hope this has been helpful.

Thanks. TomT64 I appreciate your feedback. the mbam-rules.exe download url used for the update on build seems to have quit working back with versions newer than 1.41 and I haven't found a good URL to use for the new definitions. which rules.def link are you using direct from the website? If anyone else knows current/alternate URLs for downloading rules.def or mbam-rules.exe I welcome feedback as well.

cheers!
Homes32

#24 TomT64

TomT64

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 12 April 2010 - 12:27 AM

The link is http://www.malwareby...abase/rules.ref

Turns out that one is the same as the exe, out of date for the current version.

If you know of a way to sniff out where malwarebytes is downloading from when it attempts an update that should tell us how to get new updates.

#25 homes32

homes32

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1035 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 12 April 2010 - 03:32 AM

The link is http://www.malwareby...abase/rules.ref

Turns out that one is the same as the exe, out of date for the current version.

If you know of a way to sniff out where malwarebytes is downloading from when it attempts an update that should tell us how to get new updates.

ok. got something figured out here. stay tuned for updates....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users