35 replies to this topic

#1 RobertD0275

RobertD0275

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 08 October 2009 - 05:11 PM

i am looking to add some features to the Rescue PE disk. specifically, I want or need to know how to get drivers on the fly or put in a build for Wireless. The Pnet or whatever it is called is great at FINDING things, it puts the LAN drivers in but not the wireless. I am also concerned about the Pnet using the card correctly.

also was looking to get some audio as well.

#2 patsch

patsch

Silver Member

• Advanced user
  • 785 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 08 October 2009 - 05:52 PM

i am looking to add some features to the Rescue PE disk. specifically, I want or need to know how to get drivers on the fly or put in a build for Wireless. The Pnet or whatever it is called is great at FINDING things, it puts the LAN drivers in but not the wireless. I am also concerned about the Pnet using the card correctly.

the PENetwork manager originally is from Holger:
http://www.boot-land...?...ost&p=58586
I think it would be best to post the related questions there

in the case of driver integration:
ctv99 asked the same for Win7PE, look here:
http://www.boot-land...?...ost&p=78458

#3 homes32

homes32

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1035 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 08 October 2009 - 06:58 PM

if you are using PENetwork script you can choose a directory with drivers to include in the build. you need to scroll down in the script interface as it is near the bottom.

#4 dera

dera

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1335 posts
  •  
    Hungary

Posted 08 October 2009 - 07:53 PM

also was looking to get some audio as well.

currently i would say: forget it

#5 RobertD0275

RobertD0275

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 08 October 2009 - 10:53 PM

The problem with the wireless now is (after putting the drivers in after it loads into PE...is that the wireless is there and installed, BUT it will not locate any networks...

Am I missing something/?

#6 JonF

JonF

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1185 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 08 October 2009 - 11:33 PM

Am I missing something/?

Yes.

If we knew what you are missing we would have told you already. We don't know either.

We do know that wireless access is complex and difficult to get working.

#7 homes32

homes32

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1035 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 09 October 2009 - 12:40 AM

currently i would say: forget it

unless you want to use an XP based build. NaughtyPE is the only project I know of that has sound and media players integrated. I suppose it could be done with the other projects but it is hardly a priority.

#8 dera

dera

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1335 posts
  •  
    Hungary

Posted 09 October 2009 - 04:29 AM

unless you want to use an XP based build. NaughtyPE is the only project I know

I thought the question is about audio in Windows 7 based PE,
e.g. in Win7RescuePE project,

for me audio is working
also in LiveXP project
and
also in VistaPE project

#9 RobertD0275

RobertD0275

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 12 October 2009 - 12:08 PM

@ludovici :lol:

Sorry for long time away from board as doing an another project helping to friends in their school.

From this week, I'll be starting to revise my multi7pe project again.

I very much appriciate with your scripts and can you upload your working script topic.

Thanks for your helps.

YahooUK

I am very much looing forward to this script update, as i have had no luck on my own trying to get audio support into te PE build for Win7. Though I am very new to this...so that may be PART of the issue :lol: In the PENetwork drivers, doe anyone here know how to get wifi to work...I have gone so far as to add the drivers after the successful PE build...booting to it, and running the driver setup IN the Win7PE...the card shows up...but the PENetwork won't browse for available networks....any ideas?

#10 patsch

patsch

Silver Member

• Advanced user
  • 785 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 12 October 2009 - 12:42 PM

In the PENetwork drivers, doe anyone here know how to get wifi to work...I have gone so far as to add the drivers after the successful PE build...booting to it, and running the driver setup IN the Win7PE...the card shows up...but the PENetwork won't browse for available networks....any ideas?

I don't know if it is so difficult ... 3 times the same answer
http://www.boot-land...amp;#entry58586
why don't you post your question there?

#11 RobertD0275

RobertD0275

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 12 October 2009 - 01:07 PM

I don't know if it is so difficult ... 3 times the same answer
http://www.boot-land...amp;#entry58586
why don't you post your question there?

Why is it that everyone here can't seem to answer a specific question...some of the people are helpful, while others are not...Several of you have asked me to tell you when I need help, and give it , others tell me to ask then point me to a dead end, I have emailed the PENetwork creator and have not gotten a response in 4 days, since several of you boasted that yours works, I wanted to ask for your help...I do not like to put all my eggs in one basket, that is the purpose for forums to POOL knowledge not compartmentalize it. If you are not will ing to help, then please don't reply..

I hate to be blunt, but as I said, several people have given me very good advise on how to proceed on most things, and I have gotten a working PE build, however the last piece that I need for now is just the PENetwork driver addins, I know that a lot of people have wireless in thier PE builds and probably had to do several things to make it work....that is why I am asking.

I would appreciate it if you could help, in other words, be part of the solution not part of the problem. Once I get this thing totally up and running the way I need it, you can bet that I will be posting a full breakdown of it so that other newbies like myself can find the help they need in ONE place, and not have to surf through hundreds of forums, and take flak from users for asking questions in more than one forum cause they are not getting any answers.

#12 patsch

patsch

Silver Member

• Advanced user
  • 785 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 12 October 2009 - 01:18 PM

I have emailed the PENetwork creator and have not gotten a response in 4 days

thought about that there are people that do not answer on mails and pms?

however the last piece that I need for now is just the PENetwork driver addins, I know that a lot of people have wireless in thier PE builds and probably had to do several things to make it work....that is why I am asking.

You asked in several different threads ... I think that you get the best result in asking one time in the correct place and that is the thread I posted.

#13 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  • Interests:What somebody else cannot do.
  •  
    European Union

Posted 12 October 2009 - 01:21 PM

Right now I have seen most of your post, and simetimes they also seemed to me like: "Here is me, and I demand, ..."

Please have a look into the forum's rules.
Independent from the rules it is a common fact:

NOBODY is working here professionally and NOBODY is payed here by somebody else.
All members developing here do it
  • voluntarily
  • carefully
  • as frequent as their 'professional job' allows
If you sent an e-mail to Holger, and he did not answer after 4 days, IMO it does not allow your reaction.
The forum's rules tell something like
"You are asking for help. There are people ready and willing to help you. But you are not allowed to DEMAND help"

Peter

#14 was_jaclaz

was_jaclaz

Finder

• Advanced user
  • 7101 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 12 October 2009 - 01:31 PM

Why is it that everyone here can't seem to answer a specific question...some of the people are helpful, while others are not...Several of you have asked me to tell you when I need help, and give it , others tell me to ask then point me to a dead end, I have emailed the PENetwork creator and have not gotten a response in 4 days, since several of you boasted that yours works, I wanted to ask for your help...I do not like to put all my eggs in one basket, that is the purpose for forums to POOL knowledge not compartmentalize it. If you are not will ing to help, then please don't reply..

I hate to be blunt, but as I said, several people have given me very good advise on how to proceed on most things, and I have gotten a working PE build, however the last piece that I need for now is just the PENetwork driver addins, I know that a lot of people have wireless in thier PE builds and probably had to do several things to make it work....that is why I am asking.

I would appreciate it if you could help, in other words, be part of the solution not part of the problem. Once I get this thing totally up and running the way I need it, you can bet that I will be posting a full breakdown of it so that other newbies like myself can find the help they need in ONE place, and not have to surf through hundreds of forums, and take flak from users for asking questions in more than one forum cause they are not getting any answers.

RobertD0275
take it easy.:lol:

I don't want to be blunt, as well, but let's re-cap.

You have AFAIK two different problems, Audio and Wireless Network.

You posted everywhere about BOTH.

Holger is the Author of the PeNetwork .script, but he has, under his current Contract :lol: with the Winbuilder Community, NO obligation however to:
a. Reply
b. Reply within a given amount of days

I'll try to re-type slowly what has already been posted:
http://www.boot-land...?...=9338&st=5=

BOTH things you asked about are at the same time NOT completely "developed/clear/working" AND in a lower priority when compared to other evolutions of the projects.

You are not having "simple, effective, working answers" to your questions only "because simple, effective, working answers" DO NOT EXIST (at the moment).

I guess that you have this (wrong) "base assumption":

I know that a lot of people have wireless in thier PE builds and probably had to do several things to make it work....that is why I am asking.

and you derive from it that "a lot of people is intentionally hiding that info from you". :lol:

It is NOT the case.

You already declared how you think that you probably are seen as a jerk, and apologized

Where I get confused here, and this may be why you think I am being a jerk or impolite on my postings...

I am not an idiot, nor am I afraid of some hard work in my spare time...but I need some advise from people like you who have done tis, and know what programs to use, how to extract the drivers you need...etc...
Again, I appologize for seeming rude or inconsiderate to you guys, that was not my intention, .....

Now, I am pretty sure you are NOT an idiot, nor a jerk, nor even slightly rude or unpolite :), but definitely you are impatient!

Try re-phrasing:

I know that a lot of people have wireless in thier PE builds and probably had to do several things to make it work....that is why I am asking.

to:

I know presume that a lot of few people may have wireless in thier PE builds and probably had to do several things to make it work....that is why I am asking.

And the fact that you don't get an answer ASAP might appear less "queer". B)

:lol:

jaclaz

#15 RobertD0275

RobertD0275

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 12 October 2009 - 01:38 PM

Right now I have seen most of your post, and simetimes they also seemed to me like: "Here is me, and I demand, ..."

Please have a look into the forum's rules.
Independent from the rules it is a common fact:

NOBODY is working here professionally and NOBODY is payed here by somebody else.
All members developing here do it

• voluntarily
  • carefully
  • as frequent as their 'professional job' allows
If you sent an e-mail to Holger, and he did not answer after 4 days, IMO it does not allow your reaction.
The forum's rules tell something like
"You are asking for help. There are people ready and willing to help you. But you are not allowed to DEMAND help"

Peter

If it sems as though i am demanding help, then I appologize. It was not intended. As for the professional geting paid etc etc...yes, I am an IT tech, no I anot being paid or profitting to develop or build this tool. It is to help me with fixing the PC's on the network that I help run...it is global, and as such, i get mailed PCs from all over the world...most times i have to pull the drive and link as a slave ( not a real pain) but it would be nice to just boot the device in a local environment, and look at the drive, repair, etc, without having to pull it...

I have heard great things about the PE environment, and from what I ahve seen has may helpful scripts to get may tasks done...It is difficult sometimes to find what I need, which is why I ask for help in several places...THIS forum was for the Win7PE build, which contains the PENetwork, as such I assumed that someone here would be able to help. I was not intending to be demanding. All who have replied ahve said that it is easy to do what I need, yet no one will simply say, for example (find your driver, put them in a folder and point the build to that folder...etc), just a simple step in the right direction type of thing...If I knew and someone here asked, whether it is the right forum or not, I would give them the help, and then mention at the END of the post that for future ref...tey should see forum post XYZ...

Again, I am sorry if I came off as a jerk or demanding, I jsutt really need the push in the right direction from people who already have successful builds. :lol:

#16 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  • Interests:What somebody else cannot do.
  •  
    European Union

Posted 12 October 2009 - 01:41 PM

I understand, and accept.

But I DEMAND :lol: one thing from you:

Become patient!

Peter

#17 RobertD0275

RobertD0275

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 12 October 2009 - 02:06 PM

I understand, and accept.

But I DEMAND :lol: one thing from you:

Become patient!

Peter

I will try harder to be patient peter :lol: I hope that these things will al come to fruition like the vista and xp builds have...That said, for now I will continue to try getting this working on my own as well...I am atempting to load a custom folder which holds all the drivers for network, audio, supplemental support for 1 of the laptops I am testing with the build.. My hope is that I can get the RIGHT driver installed and have it browse the wireless network to connect. If I have any success, you guys here will be the first to know..

The spec for the test box are:
HP nc6220 notebook, Broadcom wireless, and broadcom 10/100/1000 card. audio is SoundMAX integrated.

I m not sure how the PE builder works with the boot.wim file...does the audio not work cause there is no drivers, or is it cause the services that look for it are not installed, same with the wireless

#18 was_jaclaz

was_jaclaz

Finder

• Advanced user
  • 7101 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 12 October 2009 - 02:19 PM

OT, and just as a personal curiosity :lol:, I wonder what is the actuall need of EITHER wireless or Audio in this scenario: :lol:

If it sems as though i am demanding help, then I appologize. It was not intended. As for the professional geting paid etc etc...yes, I am an IT tech, no I anot being paid or profitting to develop or build this tool. It is to help me with fixing the PC's on the network that I help run...it is global, and as such, i get mailed PCs from all over the world...most times i have to pull the drive and link as a slave ( not a real pain) but it would be nice to just boot the device in a local environment, and look at the drive, repair, etc, without having to pull it...

jaclaz

#19 RobertD0275

RobertD0275

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 12 October 2009 - 02:48 PM

OT, and just as a personal curiosity :lol:, I wonder what is the actuall need of EITHER wireless or Audio in this scenario: :lol:

jaclaz

Some of the users that send me PC's for repair, work in remote locations and can not use hard line networking (oil fields etc)...they run on wireless...if they say they are having issues with it....I would like to be able to boot the PE build and test the wireless from an external OS to see if it is the hardware or the software (XP/Vista OS)..

The audio is just so I can audibly hear stop errors if the error itself doesn't post to the front as it should.

#20 was_jaclaz

was_jaclaz

Finder

• Advanced user
  • 7101 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 12 October 2009 - 03:20 PM

(XP/Vista OS)..

OK, THEN you use a 7 based PE. :lol:

Wouldn't it be better using TWO PE's, one XP based and one Vista based to troubleshoot the correspondent OS? :lol:

JFYI, (and mind you I'm notoriously a Dinosaur) I have troubleshooted/fixed a certain number of PC's without EVER, not even once, needing to have sound working (BTW all my machines have NO sound board or audio completely and totally disabled), let alone needing/wanting to use an EXPERIMENTAL PE build such as the Windows 7 based ones currently are.

jaclaz

#21 RobertD0275

RobertD0275

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 12 October 2009 - 04:01 PM

OK, THEN you use a 7 based PE. :lol:

Wouldn't it be better using TWO PE's, one XP based and one Vista based to troubleshoot the correspondent OS? :lol:

JFYI, (and mind you I'm notoriously a Dinosaur) I have troubleshooted/fixed a certain number of PC's without EVER, not even once, needing to have sound working (BTW all my machines have NO sound board or audio completely and totally disabled), let alone needing/wanting to use an EXPERIMENTAL PE build such as the Windows 7 based ones currently are.

jaclaz

The reason that I use Win 7 is that was the only disk that I have at the moment....I can't locate my XP disk, and vista and 7 are very similar...so that is no really the issue...

As for sound, that is your choice to disable everything...My users want it all to work, and that is what I have to do..If I had an XP or vista disk handy I would more than likley use one of those, as I don't and I don't pirate to get one either, then I have Win7...

#22 homes32

homes32

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1035 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 12 October 2009 - 04:47 PM

I am very much looing forward to this script update, as i have had no luck on my own trying to get audio support into te PE build for Win7. Though I am very new to this...so that may be PART of the issue :lol: In the PENetwork drivers, doe anyone here know how to get wifi to work...I have gone so far as to add the drivers after the successful PE build...booting to it, and running the driver setup IN the Win7PE...the card shows up...but the PENetwork won't browse for available networks....any ideas?

which broadcom wireless card do you have?

you are selecting your wireless card in the drop-down on top of pe network manager right? ( sorry have to check :lol:)

#23 RobertD0275

RobertD0275

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 12 October 2009 - 05:19 PM

you are selecting your wireless card in the drop-down on top of pe network manager right? ( sorry have to check :lol:)

I am not sure teh exact model...on the HP website under nc6220 drivers (that is the model of the Laptop), it lists the broadcom wireless drivers...the strange thing is that Win7 lists it as an intel wireless? strange. :lol:

#24 RobertD0275

RobertD0275

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 12 October 2009 - 05:24 PM

Yes I did look in the drop down menu...the card did not show up in the rescue PE version of the build, but did in the Win7PE version...but the scan network feature did not find any networks, and I sit right next to one..

I added the folder with the drivers to the PENetwork folder before the build, but it did not seem to pull the drivers for some reason...I also told it to copy files from a custom folder that had all the drivers for all devices in it, ad it did not pull those either...so right now I am copying te folder to the stick manuall , and rebooting the PE build to see if I can add the drivers while inside PE...hopefully that will work..

#25 was_jaclaz

was_jaclaz

Finder

• Advanced user
  • 7101 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 12 October 2009 - 07:54 PM

and vista and 7 are very similar...so that is no really the issue...

Actually, and AFAIK, that is EXACTLY the issue, they are similar but evidently not similar enough. :lol:

jaclaz

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users