• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 mint

mint

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 07:18 AM

Author link : http://ulises2k.com....ck-deepfreeze_5

I found this small utility to deactivate DeepFreeze. It run from PE, in fact if you download from the author's site, you download the whole LiveCD. The software itself is so tiny, about 17kb, so I upload it here in case someone need it.

I tried it with DeepFreeze 6.2 and it works.
Then I tried with DeepFreeze 6.5. It works , but not perfectly. When I reboot, deepfreeze.exe ( or deepfrz.exe ?) still running. I kill it through TaskManager and delete the installation folder. However the deepfreeze itself has deactivate. I read somewhere that the exe in the instalation folder, deepfreeze.exe, is merely a decoy. The real program itself run in kernel level and has nothing to do with the exe in instalation folder.

The utility itself is in Spanish (?) language, the only thing you need to do is tell it where Windows directory and operating system is, klik "Eliminar Por Completo DeepFreeze" button. Put file eliminar_deepfreeze.reg in the same folder with the utility.

I don't know if this utility breaking this forum rule or not. I'm sure it's not warez and the author give it freely. But its kind of hacking tool right? If I break the rule, please let me know and I'll delete this post.

Attached Files

#2 risolutore

risolutore

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 311 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 02 October 2009 - 03:02 PM

interesting small app to repair and insprect this type of drives. I had problem with EnCase to operate with such type of drive

#3 mint

mint

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 03:22 PM

Additional note:
There are 2 button to deactivate (Desactivar) and to activate ( Restaurar) but both of this function hasn't implemented yet. The author promise to make it work in future version, but for now this utility really eliminate DeepFreeze. We can't activate DeepFreeze again after we use it.
So, please be careful and use it in case of emergency such as forgetting your password.

#4 TheHive

TheHive

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 3,755 posts

Posted 04 October 2009 - 03:26 PM

Nice tool!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users