Photo

How to release Retail Software. 1 Alternative way.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 TheHive

TheHive

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 4199 posts

Posted 08 January 2007 - 05:20 PM

There 3 methods that I know of using WInbuilder.
1. Is to create a Personal Working Script with Embeded Retail files.
2. Creating Script that will automatically gather the Retail files a user has on there computer and embeding them onto the script for future use. This keeps people from having to Recreate the Script each time.
3. Similar to number 2. You Create a Script that will automatically gather the Retail files a user has on there computer and puts them in a folder for future use by the Script.

I will Describe a simple method that can be used to have a working Retail script but removing Retail files in order to distribute the Script. I dont know how to do number 2 or 3. But Ill focus on number 1.

In this example. I will use the Small CD Writer Script as an example. I know its not retail but it will give you an idea .

0. Create a Retail Script.
1. Lets say Small CD Writer is a Retail Product.
2. Click on the Edit button in Winbuilder
Attached File  1.jpg   91.17KB   120 downloads

3. Select the Attachments Tab.
4. Select the Retail Files inside the Script. Usually there are folders and Subfolders that contain files. To make it simple this one has just one file.
5. Click on the Remove Files(s) button. This will delete the embeded file or files selected. Use this method untill you remove all Retail Files inside the script.
Attached File  2.jpg   101.36KB   118 downloads

6. Write a small Help text file to explain to the user what files are needed to be embeded into the Script.
Pictures would be even better if they show where the files are within the Script.

7. You can ask one of the more advanced developers on how to emplement a way to let the user input Registration Information like the user name and serial number within the Script Gui that the user sees.

8. Release the Script. Let me know if I missed something.

#2 pedrole15

pedrole15

Silver Member

• .script developer
  • 731 posts
  •  
    France

Posted 08 January 2007 - 09:58 PM

In next version of MakeScript there is an option to encode files in an external Filename.WBz
Just put the file.WBz in same folder as script an Winbuilder find it an work properly
But i have some work before post it

#3 TheHive

TheHive

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 4199 posts

Posted 09 January 2007 - 04:56 AM

:P :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users