The 'Manager' is imagex.exe.
But you can also use dism.exe which is contained on every Win7 DVD. That means, if you are building a Win7PE using a Win7 source DVD, this DVD delivers everything you need.
You only have to extract from the DVD.
The GetDism.script does this work.
As a partner, it needs the !ImageIndex.script
Both scripts are part of the (yet unpublished) nativeWIM project I'm working on.
But if you only want to install Dism on your local host, you can use them also 'stand alone':
- Copy them into any WinBuilder project
- Choose a valid Win7 souce DVD
- Click !ImageIndex.script > GetInfo button
- Click GetDism.script > Check button
- If you get the 'Registry' warning:
- Run Regedit32.exe
- Navigate to 'HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Enum\Root
- Right click this item and choose ????
Sorry, I do not have an English system. Therefore I do not know the menu entry.
It is something about 'access' or 'rights' or whatelse.
- Give full access to everybody
- Click GetDism.Script > Install
Sometimes it is necessary to reboot in order to get dism to work.
For security reasons, you should undo the registry change now.
Here the 'magic files': http://nativeex.boot...pts/GetDism.zip