Can you clarify please?
What ISO are you testing with?
What menu are you using (what worked and what did not)?
Does the same menu work with ALL systems?
Are both XP and Win7/8/10 ISOs working?
Did you test old 'bad' ISO on all systems and VBox and did it work on all except bad system?
- I test with MiniXP made by Winbuilder, wimboot method.
- Try your hint and it work fine, just add e820cycles=0. All the others lines keep original from my menu.lst
- Oh, with almost computer which i tested, i no need to add e820cycles=0, winvblock work fine. But with my hp probook 4420s, MiniXP hang with blank screen.
- No, i not try with Win7/8/10 ISO, i just test with MiniXP. normally, MiniXP.ISO boot very well. Since I need to mount ISO before boot to desktop to my autorun.cmd create some shortcut from virtual drive then i try with firadisk and winvblock but not work.
- My friend has a toshiba laptop with same problem when using winvblock. I will tell him try your code and report here.
May you no need to know about my autorun.cmd but i think i need to say about my goal.
autorun.cmd will search XP.ISO from ISO folder on root of any partition then mount it by imdisk to virtual drive. then nircmd create some shortcut.
But i found that, with this hardcode on autorun.cmd, my ISO must name with XP.ISO and must be in ISO folder. So i want to use winvblock or firadisk to mount XP.ISO instead of autorun.cmd and i can change name ISO to another name, that say MiniXP.ISO or put on another folder such as WINPE folder ...
But try with winvblock or firadisk MiniXP hang with blank screen as I say above.
After try your code, ISO was mount but data corrupt.
Finally i recreate new ISO and ISO was mount with "perfect" data.