#51 Zoso

Zoso

Silver Member

• Advanced user
  • 640 posts
  •  
    Isle of Man

Posted 08 September 2009 - 06:00 PM

Im still backing up. its given me a chance to read alot of booting documents on M$ technet. M$ also has a format tool for flash drives, I havnt read any mention of it on Bootland or anywhere else so I didnt bother to dload it.

now that I am some what familiar with boot logging I will try to see what the boot logs indicate in regards to this problem as soon as I can.

thats very helpful screencap info!

I rechecked the drive in beebelbrox after restart and it no longer indicates FAT16B, after restart it indicates NTFS

edit:

For the record, you don't need to install a specific app to do a screen capture, you only need pressing the Print Screen key and paste in a new PAINT image (and if it's the case CROP the relevant part and re-paste into a new PAINT image)

just tryed it and that is Slick Jaclaz! thanks!

#52 Zoso

Zoso

Silver Member

• Advanced user
  • 640 posts
  •  
    Isle of Man

Posted 17 September 2009 - 09:39 PM

as I mentioned in an earlier post I have been able to get further along the booting proccess while using diskcryptor than with TC.

I havnt had a chance to try it further since backing up everything again.

I have more reasons to continue with DiskCryptor than TrueCrypt at this point so I would like to try that path instead for now.

should I start a new topic or continue here?

I also have alot of questions regarding starting from scratch the MBR, Bootsectors, and Partitioning of my internal SATA HDD now too. can you suggest which group would be the best for posting questions for these matters?

thanks

#53 was_jaclaz

was_jaclaz

Finder

• Advanced user
  • 7100 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 17 September 2009 - 10:45 PM

should I start a new topic or continue here?
I also have alot of questions regarding starting from scratch the MBR, Bootsectors, and Partitioning of my internal SATA HDD now too. can you suggest which group would be the best for posting questions for these matters?

thanks

I would start two new topics in this same Forum:
http://www.boot-land...hp?showforum=71

• one for Diskcryptor
  • one for your partitioning questions, unless they are OS specific, in which case a new post in one of the sub-forums here:
http://www.boot-land...hp?showforum=85
might be more advised

jaclaz

#54 Zoso

Zoso

Silver Member

• Advanced user
  • 640 posts
  •  
    Isle of Man

Posted 18 September 2009 - 04:15 AM

OK as per suggestion I have started a new topic here:

http://www.boot-land...?showtopic=9104

if/when I find out more about the TC bootloader I will return to post any info I have learned back here on this thread.

and thanks again for all your Help here Master Jaclaz!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users