1166 replies to this topic

#951 pengyimin

pengyimin

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  
    China

Posted 10 March 2010 - 10:07 AM

I have a question. When booting from Win7RescuePE image, the mouse pointer is showing. Based on my research, it seems the mouse pointer is using the file X:\Windows\System32\loader.ani. You can download the attachment loader.zip and unzip it to see the mouse point icon.

However, I am unable to change the pointer to the default Windows Mouse Pointer (An arrow with hourglass). In addition, I cannot find the loader.ani file in the scripts in Win7RescuePE project.

My question is how to change the mouse pointer and where the loader.ani file is located in the scripts?

Attached Files

#952 dera

dera

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1335 posts
  •  
    Hungary

Posted 10 March 2010 - 11:31 AM

i suppose the loader.ani is embedded in the win7peldr.exe

if in the Win7PE.cfg in [main] section
HideLoader=True
used then it is extracted from the win7peldr.exe at boot time when the loader launched

if in the Win7PE.cfg in [main] section
HideLoader=False
used then it is not extracted from the win7peldr.exe at boot time when the loader launched

if in Win7PE.cfg in [main] section the 'HideLoader' is not defined at all
(this is the case in YahooUK's Win7pe)
then the loader assume it as HideLoader=True

for me main.cpl works
i can change the cursor animation e.g at the 'Working in Background' into e.g. 'aero_busy.ani'
(if that .ani is included in my build)
look at the registry key:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Cursors

try:
[codebox]DirMake,"%target_win%\Cursors"
FileCopy,"%InstallSRC%\Windows\Cursors\aero_busy.ani","%target_win%\Cursors"
FileCopy,"%InstallSRC%\Windows\Cursors\aero_working.ani","%target_win%\Cursors"
hive_load,HKCU
reg_add,0x4,"%reg%\Control Panel\Cursors","Scheme Source","0"
reg_add,0x2,"%reg%\Control Panel\Cursors","AppStarting","#$pSystemRoot#$p\Cursors\aero_working.ani"
reg_add,0x2,"%reg%\Control Panel\Cursors","Wait","#$pSystemRoot#$p\Cursors\aero_busy.ani"
hive_unload[/codebox]

#953 pengyimin

pengyimin

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  
    China

Posted 12 March 2010 - 04:47 AM

Thanks! I have another question. As we know the "Internet Explorer 8.0.6001.18702 For VistaPE" listed on the following link can be used in Win7RescurePE project.

http://www.boot-land...mp;showfile=319

However, it is not smooth when running IE in Win7RescurePE after adding above script to Win7RescurePE project. For example, when inputting an web site addresss in the address bar, it opens a new tab and takes a little long time to connect to the site. It always responds slowly.

My question, is there any other IE 8 script for Win7RescurePE avaiable instead of for VistaPE?

#954 manolis287

manolis287

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
    Greece

Posted 15 March 2010 - 07:55 AM

Hi i am new in this project and yesterday i made my first rescue pe usb.
The process finished without any errors and the first thing i did is test my usb
I booted the usb loaded the rescue pe but before the explorer is loaded the system restarts.
The winbuilder i used is ver 0.8 and i tried it in an asus eeepc 1000h i haven't tried it in a desktop pc yet but i would like to find out why the system restarts if anyone has any ideas this would be rely helpful
thanx

#955 patsch

patsch

Silver Member

• Advanced user
  • 785 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 15 March 2010 - 08:13 AM

Please attach the full build log
does the created iso start normally (in a virtual machine or if you burn that iso on a cd)?

#956 manolis287

manolis287

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
    Greece

Posted 15 March 2010 - 09:03 AM

I tried it in a desktop pc same as before plus it took about 5 minutes to load while in the laptop about 1 minute
the port was usb 2 i checked it.I haven't tried it in a virtual machine yet nor burn it in a cd i will try later to boot the usb in a virtual machine and i will upload the script too because i am at work now thanx anyway

#957 shyju

shyju
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 10:17 AM

I facing error while running Win7RescuePE(v.13) build script., ..
attached the logs...
Please Help.. :cheers: ..

Attached Thumbnails

• error.png

Attached Files

• Attached File  log.html   16.25KB   332 downloads

#958 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  • Interests:What somebody else cannot do.
  •  
    European Union

Posted 15 March 2010 - 10:28 AM

I facing error while running Win7RescuePE(v.13) build script., ..
attached the logs...
Please Help.. :cheers: ..

You are using WinBuilder 073 beta 3.

Currently actual is version 080.

Please download it and try with that.

Peter

#959 shyju

shyju
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 11:40 AM

Peter

I have downloaded 080 .. Now I'm getting following error message..

Access violation at address 004041F2 in module 'WinBuilder.exe'. Read of address 3F0022E8: [Run,%API%,NotConfigured]

#960 patsch

patsch

Silver Member

• Advanced user
  • 785 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 15 March 2010 - 11:42 AM

you have to reconfigure your settings
I think it would be best to delete all files/folders, take winbuilder 080 and download a fresh copy of win7rescuepe

#961 shyju

shyju
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 11:44 AM

Peter

Access violation at address 004041F2 in module 'WinBuilder.exe'. Read of address 3F0022E8: [Run,%API%,NotConfigured]

Attached Thumbnails

• error.png

#962 manolis287

manolis287

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
    Greece

Posted 15 March 2010 - 05:27 PM

I run the winbuilder again because i didn't have the log file.
Everything went smoothly i just skipped the iso image making this time
i plugged the usb on the pc the grub loaded i choose win7pe
the system loads and i can see the Win7PE RescuePE screen without the icons
the screen goes black twice for a second and then the system restarts
here is the log file.
Thanx for the help

Attached Files

• Attached File  log.rar   60.3KB   189 downloads

#963 patsch

patsch

Silver Member

• Advanced user
  • 785 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 15 March 2010 - 05:41 PM

have you reconfigured your settings as I mentioned already here?
http://www.boot-land...?...ost&p=94698

#964 patsch

patsch

Silver Member

• Advanced user
  • 785 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 15 March 2010 - 05:45 PM

@manolis287 : you have selected BSExplorer as shell but you have not checked the bsexplorer2.script in shell-section

#965 manolis287

manolis287

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
    Greece

Posted 15 March 2010 - 06:00 PM

@patsch correct i am ruining winbuilder again but i thought it was already preconfigured as default anyway i will test again and reply in a few minutes i hope it doesn't restart again
thanx

#966 manolis287

manolis287

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
    Greece

Posted 15 March 2010 - 07:12 PM

Ok now its working like a charm one think i saw in the security that u have a password program do u now if it is compatible with keepass files or if it is possible to make keepass run in win7rescue pe

#967 patsch

patsch

Silver Member

• Advanced user
  • 785 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 15 March 2010 - 07:16 PM

there is a portable version of keypass that I use myself in win7rescuepe. You can either pack the program into a script or work directly from programs directory. If you put it in a script it is more work to update the key-database

#968 boandgo

boandgo
  • Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 15 March 2010 - 11:17 PM

Hello, I'm new to the forum and tried to read as much as i can before actually building Win7rescuepe. It looks simple enough and finally TRY to build it using

PC is WIn7 Enterpise 32
WIn7 Enterpise (32bit) Cd (tried WIN7 PRO 32 as well)
Windows 7 waik
Winbuilder 080

downloaded everything and changed NOTHING but making sure it found WAIK and verified the source.

My win7 ent or Pro built always comes up with this error

ExtractAllFiles - Failed to expand file: [%BaseDir%\Projects\Win7RescuePE\Build\2-Config.script] Section [Folder] to: [%BaseDir%\Target\Win7RescuePE\Windows\System32]

I have disabled any antivirus and have tried to build using a Win Xp pro machine using WIn7 Pro CD and Win7 WAIK.

Please advise. Thanks in advance.

Bo

Attached Files

• Attached File  log.html   255.8KB   398 downloads

#969 PaPeuser

PaPeuser

Silver Member

• Advanced user
  • 787 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 15 March 2010 - 11:45 PM

Hello

Could you post a logfile

And have to look at other posts and problems other have had?

#970 patsch

patsch

Silver Member

• Advanced user
  • 785 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 16 March 2010 - 09:45 AM

@boandgo:
please redownload the project (especially 2-config-script), perhaps there was a fault in downloading

#971 manolis287

manolis287

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
    Greece

Posted 16 March 2010 - 12:34 PM

@patsch keepass ver 1,17 works perfect no problems at all ver 2 doesn't work requires .net to run so iam sticking with ver 1.17.Is there any way to create a shortcut to the desktop or to start menu programs.Could we make a section to discuss witch portable apps work without the need to create scripts??
thanx

#972 boandgo

boandgo
  • Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 16 March 2010 - 12:38 PM

I redownloaded and try to rebuilt at the minimum 10 times on 3 different computers (xp, win7 ent) and came up with same errors. Even tried vista waik.

Thanks.

#973 manolis287

manolis287

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
    Greece

Posted 16 March 2010 - 01:02 PM

@boandgo the problem was when u tried to unzip the file or when u tried to run the winbulder?
if its the second its possible that u give a wrong (unsupported) path make a folder in your disk and run everything from there also download the guide for help http://rescue.w07.ne...escuePE_psc.doc
and its better if u copy the files from win7 dvd to your hard disk at least it worked better for me that way.

#974 patsch

patsch

Silver Member

• Advanced user
  • 785 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 16 March 2010 - 01:31 PM

@patsch keepass ver 1,17 works perfect no problems at all ver 2 doesn't work requires .net to run so iam sticking with ver 1.17.Is there any way to create a shortcut to the desktop or to start menu programs.Could we make a section to discuss witch portable apps work without the need to create scripts??
thanx

Imho all portable Apps work without a script (and that do not need special graphics driver or funtionalities of a graphic card. I've been not able to integrate graphics driver and therefore test programms for graphics)
There exists a DotNet.script ... look into the Win7PE project, afaik there you will find it (its named w_dotnet.script)
For your shortcut:
I have not tested it but look into your target folder and there win7pe.cfg, there you have all apps not placed in the wim-container (ergo that do not run from ram) ... perhaps you can place a shortcut there but I don't know exactly which script has to be modified. You can test it if you modify win7pe.cfg, copy the full target directory to a bootable usb device, boot from that device and look if it works.

But sure you can open a new thread where to discuss which portable program works on win7rescuepe

@boandgo:
if your host is winxp then you have to use waik for winxp, not for win7 (as described in Joshua's tutorial)

#975 boandgo

boandgo
  • Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 16 March 2010 - 01:34 PM

@boandgo:
if your host is winxp then you have to use waik for winxp, not for win7 (as described in Joshua's tutorial)
[/quote]

I'll retry the winxp, winxp waik combo.

THanks.
b

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users