#826 Formula84

Formula84

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 18 January 2010 - 03:55 PM

Hi Patsch and psc,

Thanks for your answers but now I am lost. I am not a developer and I am confused because sometimes I have the shortcuts and sometimes not (same stick, different laptops).
I tried to follow the information at the link to nativeEx but I am lost.
Does it mean I have to combine some scripts of the two projects (especially script.project)?

I start to recreate the rescue project with all applications (tick for Run in RAM).

Thanks again
pifpof

I have had the same problem as well, I use the app scripts via SKYBEAM, if I add scripts to Win7RescuePE will NativeX pull those as linked as well or is this only for native Win7RescuePE scripts? If it will not pull them can I just add them to the nativeX instead of Win7RescuePE?

#827 wes

wes

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 18 January 2010 - 04:11 PM

I need some help. I am new to this and i want to put trueimage 2010 and disk director on the CD but i am not sure how to do this and how to create the script. i also am not sure were to copy the files to can anyone help me?

#828 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  • Interests:What somebody else cannot do.
  •  
    European Union

Posted 18 January 2010 - 04:30 PM

I have had the same problem as well, I use the app scripts via SKYBEAM, if I add scripts to Win7RescuePE will NativeX pull those as linked as well or is this only for native Win7RescuePE scripts? If it will not pull them can I just add them to the nativeX instead of Win7RescuePE?

The complete Apps folder of Win7RescuePE is linked to nativeEx_Win7.

If you add any script to this folder (or subfolder) it will be available in nativeEx_Win7.

Peter

#829 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  • Interests:What somebody else cannot do.
  •  
    European Union

Posted 18 January 2010 - 04:32 PM

Hi Peter,

I got some errors while downloading the new files of nativeEX:
script.project failed the integrity check
Bochs 242 bios.bin was not downloaded
Bochs 242 vgabios-cirrus.bin was not downloaded
Seabios 043 bios.bin was not downloaded
Seabios bios.bin was not downloaded

I will start the project now.

cheers
pifpof

I think that depends on the current low availability of bootland.net because of DDOS.

I had the same troubles with other files.

But after several downloads I had all files.

So the filese themselves on the server should be ok.

Peter

#830 patsch

patsch

Silver Member

• Advanced user
  • 785 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 18 January 2010 - 05:24 PM

I need some help. I am new to this and i want to put trueimage 2010 and disk director on the CD but i am not sure how to do this and how to create the script. i also am not sure were to copy the files to can anyone help me?

do you want du put the programs in the PE-Build or the rescue-cd from acronis on your multiboot-cd?

#831 pifpof

pifpof

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 19 January 2010 - 07:14 AM

hi psc, hi patsch,

I have downloaded the nativEx stuff and the build was successful.
The test in VMWare was successful too.

But when I want to boot it from a usb-stick I got immediately after the WINPE7 menu choice a black screen:
"
Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause.....

Info: The boot selection failed because a required device is inaccessable. "

But there was a normal shutdown before and the laptop is working fine afterwards.
Any ideas?
Should I remove all apps and start with minimum config?
By the way, how can I figure out that a script is ready for latest Winbuilder/APIs and so on?
I may have a mixture of older and newer script stuff. (I need a stick with ghost (version by lance), which was running fine before)

thanks a lot
pifpof

#832 Virtual-R

Virtual-R

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 145 posts
  •  
    Sweden

Posted 19 January 2010 - 09:06 AM

pifpof: If you look in your target-folder, does it include ProgramData and Users???

If it does, look at this folder: Temp\nativeEx_Win7\boot.tmp\
Does this folder also include Programdata and users?

I'm currently having some problems myself building with usb-device. I don't know why
or how at the moment, but my targetfolder is suddenly bigger and has programdata and users in it. I will now try to delete the targetfolder and copy the contents from boot.tmp to target, and then build a usb-drive to see what happends...

EDIT: This worked for me. By replacing the files in the target-dir with the ones in the boot.tmp-dir.
Strange, very strange

#833 patsch

patsch

Silver Member

• Advanced user
  • 785 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 19 January 2010 - 09:42 AM

If it does, look at this folder: Temp\nativeEx_Win7\boot.tmp\
Does this folder also include Programdata and users?

we are talking about win7rescuepe here or not?
btw: http://www.boot-land...?...ost&p=88833
there I mentioned this behaviour and peter fixed it already ... please download the new version of nativeEx

@pifpof:
if I understand it correctly:
your build of win7rescuepe is fine, your build in vmware is working but not on usb stick? How do you put your stuff on stick?
please burn a cd and try it.

the stop error 0xc000000f can occur if an update was downloaded and part-installed and had to be installed full during next start or shutdown

By the way, how can I figure out that a script is ready for latest Winbuilder/APIs and so on?
I may have a mixture of older and newer script stuff. (I need a stick with ghost (version by lance), which was running fine before)

you can simply try your scripts. If something is wrong with the syntax (e.g. not API conform) then you will have an entry in the warning-section of your log.
If a script ist not working with your build (e.g. the script is for xp/vista or sth like this) then it will not be in your build (or you will have an error in your log).

#834 Virtual-R

Virtual-R

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 145 posts
  •  
    Sweden

Posted 19 January 2010 - 09:49 AM

Sorry, i was not sure if it was related to Win7RescuePe or nativeex, and when I saw that comment in here, i thought maybe it was related to Win7Rescue. But now I understand, thank you patsch :confused1:

#835 wes

wes

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 19 January 2010 - 10:29 AM

do you want du put the programs in the PE-Build or the rescue-cd from acronis on your multiboot-cd?

yes i want the Acronis true-image and disk director software to be on WIN7RescuePE CD, I want to be able to bootup with the WIN7Rescue cd and be able to access those programs. Acronis has a Bart-PE plugin that i am hoping will work with this CD.

#836 patsch

patsch

Silver Member

• Advanced user
  • 785 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 19 January 2010 - 12:20 PM

yes i want the Acronis true-image and disk director software to be on WIN7RescuePE CD

there are some scripts around in this forum, try to search ... evtl this could be helpful
http://www.boot-land...?...ost&p=89000

#837 wes

wes

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 19 January 2010 - 02:17 PM

there are some scripts around in this forum, try to search ... evtl this could be helpful
http://www.boot-land...?...ost&p=89000

I saw these but the problem is i am not sure were to put them. I have tried to include them and copy the files but i have no idea were to put these or how the winbuilder software finds the files to put into the correct directory. is there a good starter documentation on creating your own script or adding scripts?

#838 pifpof

pifpof

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 19 January 2010 - 06:00 PM

Hi patsch,

so my test pc is working fine (no update or new programs) and a proper shutdown before booting the stick.

What I am trying to do is creating a USB Stick with Win7RescuePE (which worked before). But then I got the problem with the missing icons/programs and even folders on the stick. Because of your hint I use the nativeEX project. As i understand, nativeEX will save some time during build process and will solve the shortcut problem.
As Peter mentioned here (http://www.boot-land...pic=9753&st=145) I will now create a stick during build. Normally I tested it first in VMWare and then I used the copy to USB script as a standalone task.

cheers
pifpof

#839 pifpof

pifpof

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 19 January 2010 - 06:32 PM

Hi patsch, Peter, Virtual-R,

Now it works but I have to do the fine tuning. I tried too many things :rolleyes:

Thank you very much, have a nice evening
and :confused1:

pifpof

#840 sebus

sebus

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 359 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 08:15 PM

Is there a script that allows addition of the storage drivers?

Thanks

sebus

#841 patsch

patsch

Silver Member

• Advanced user
  • 785 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 19 January 2010 - 08:20 PM

no, there is actually no script but you can write a script on your own that copies the needed drivers

#842 sebus

sebus

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 359 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 07:30 PM

Copy?

One normally does it with:

dism /image:c:\wim /add-driver /driver:. /recurse /forceunsigned

as per here http://technet.micro.....28WS.10).aspx

but dism choked on the .wim created from the project in Winduilder & did not want to add anything

sebus

#843 patsch

patsch

Silver Member

• Advanced user
  • 785 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 20 January 2010 - 08:04 PM

yes sebus if the storage drivers are the F6-drivers or to put the drivers directly to your wim-file, sorry ...
for additional storage drivers under Win7PE itself it is enough to copy the needed drivers to the drivers-directory (that means the way it is done in the network-script by Holger)

#844 PaPeuser

PaPeuser

Silver Member

• Advanced user
  • 787 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 20 January 2010 - 08:19 PM

Hey I do not know if this will work,,

With the Old Vista we had some luck with UBS drivers by adding them to a drivers folder in the custom folder

So try Custom\win7pe\Drivers

Depends on if Loader checks for or loads drivers from there.

PS.. then check in script --copy files --copy Custom Folder

In Vista we also had device manager and could load drivers not installed at boot or with loader by just reloading them in device manager.

I need to look at rescuePE more

#845 sebus

sebus

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 359 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 08:41 PM

peimg /inf=<path>\*.inf C:\mount\Windows

worked just fine.

In fact there is a script for it - Mustang's VistaPE AddDrivers Script

sebus

#846 dera

dera

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1335 posts
  •  
    Hungary

Posted 20 January 2010 - 09:53 PM

but dism choked on the .wim created from the project in Winduilder & did not want to add anything

try:
[Main]Title=add_driverAuthor=Type=scriptLevel=5Version=001Description=this script use dism.exeLocked=falseContact=Date=Selected=True[Interface]pFileBox1=,1,13,0,60,239,26,dirpFileBox2=%ScriptDir%\Files,1,13,0,117,239,26,dirpTextLabel1="path to AIK:#$x(if you use Windows 7 host#$xand dism.exe exists in Windows\System32#$xleave it  blank)",1,1,5,4,230,56,8,NormalpTextLabel2="path to drivers:",1,1,6,96,230,21,8,Normal[Variables]%bw%=%BootSRC%\Windows%b32%=%bw%\system32%t32%=%tw%\system32%tw%=%TargetDir%\Windows[Process]DirCopy,"%bw%\servicing","%tw%"DirCopy,"%bw%\winsxs","%tw%"DirCopy,"%b32%\Dism","%t32%"Set,%DISM%,""If,ExistFile,"%WindowsDir%\system32\Dism.exe",BeginSet,%DISM%,"%WindowsDir%\system32\Dism.exe"EndIf,ExistFile,"%pFileBox1%\Tools\Servicing\Dism.exe",BeginSet,%DISM%,"%pFileBox1%\Tools\Servicing\Dism.exe"EndIf,%DISM%,NotEqual,"",BeginShellExecute,Open,cmd.exe,"/k#$s#$q#$q%DISM%#$q#$s/image:#$q%TargetDir%#$q#$s/Add-Driver#$s/driver:#$q%pFileBox2%#$q#$s/Recurse#$q"End

#847 paraglider

paraglider

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1739 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 21 January 2010 - 12:38 AM

dism has always worked fine for me on winbuilder win7 projects. If running on a 64 bit os then the 64 bit version of dism should be run.

#848 sebus

sebus

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 359 posts

Posted 23 January 2010 - 12:38 PM

Is there a way to disable the firewall?

wpeutil disablefirewall returns error (is there anything required missing? from the build)

Also qDir script even when has the box ticket to run from wim, will always ONLY install to \Programs & NOT \Program Files

sebus

#849 dera

dera

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1335 posts
  •  
    Hungary

Posted 23 January 2010 - 03:38 PM

try SkyBeam's script : WindowsFirewallControl.script
from here
(in the attached file WinBuilder.7z\WinBuilder\Projects\Win7RescuePE\Skybeam\App\Network\WindowsFirewallControl.script)
or from ludovici's page

#850 devzero

devzero
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
    Norway

Posted 24 January 2010 - 11:03 AM

I've got a couple of problems that I was wondering if anyone could be as kind as to help me with when building win7rescuePE.

I've been unable to change the keyboard layout to norwegian. How do I do this?

Then after I've booted and it seems the network is working, I'm unable to map network drives. (I get IP, dns but not wins since I don't have one on my network). I get ping from the target machine, but neither penetwork, net use or \\computer\share in explorer works.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users