1166 replies to this topic

#801 RayRay

RayRay

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 10 January 2010 - 12:40 AM

I built the Win7 rescue USB and seemed to build fine. I get the 7B STOP blue screen when booting to the usb drive. I downloaded the Drivers scripts from the VistaPE project and rebuilt but still get the 7B blue screen. Did I miss the sata drivers somewhere? Thanks,

Ray

#802 PaPeuser

PaPeuser

Silver Member

• Advanced user
  • 787 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 10 January 2010 - 12:47 AM

Hello,,

I do not think drivers are the problem

Did you run the PreConfig script??? (get info) ?

did you read the
Detailed build tutorial: Creating-Win7RescuePE word document from post 1 ?

we need a little more info,,,,

Driver Packs - Sata+lan driver packs in Configuration script

#803 RayRay

RayRay

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 10 January 2010 - 01:37 AM

Followed the word doc step by step. Ran preconfig w/get info, everything seems to run OK. Tried on several machines and get 7B blue screen on all. Not sure what other info I can give. Let me know and I'll post. Thanks,

Ray

#804 PaPeuser

PaPeuser

Silver Member

• Advanced user
  • 787 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 10 January 2010 - 01:45 AM

How about you saving, zipping a log file and posting it in here?

this may give us a hint or a place to start

In Configuration script - is driver packs and hardware detect modus,

#805 RayRay

RayRay

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 10 January 2010 - 04:06 AM

Hope this is the right format.

Attached Files

#806 joalke

joalke

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
    Sweden

Posted 10 January 2010 - 06:03 AM

I downloaded the Drivers scripts from the VistaPE project

I think that you shall not include the drivers from
the VistaPE projekt. There is already drivers include in 7rescue.
See the pic...

Attached Thumbnails

• ScreenHunter_001_copy.jpg

#807 RayRay

RayRay

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 10 January 2010 - 08:29 PM

I set the configuration as in the jpg and unchecked the Drivers. Still get the 7B blue screen. I'm pretty sure it's a mass storage driver issue as I've seen this error before. Any ideas? Thanks again,

Ray

#808 patsch

patsch

Silver Member

• Advanced user
  • 785 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 10 January 2010 - 08:41 PM

I only get the 7b-error in 2 situations:
1.) less than 512MB ram installed in the system
2.) a system with the old ULI/ALI chipset
all other chipsets work fine for me (and I test a lot of computers with different chipsets at work)
btw it does not matter if you set the hardware detection mode ... I only use level 0. The detection mode is for hardware detection in PE not in the boot phase where the stop error 7b occurs

#809 RayRay

RayRay

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 10 January 2010 - 09:59 PM

I am testing on a Lenovo T61 laptop w/2GB of RAM. I've set the SATA controller in the BIOS to compatibility mode and ACHI mode. Still getting the 7B error. I also tried mode 0. Thanks,

Ray

#810 trumpy81

trumpy81

• Members
  • 79 posts
  •  
    Australia

Posted 11 January 2010 - 07:24 AM

I am testing on a Lenovo T61 laptop w/2GB of RAM. I've set the SATA controller in the BIOS to compatibility mode and ACHI mode. Still getting the 7B error. I also tried mode 0. Thanks,

Ray

Gday All,

Ray, did you include the Lenovo SATA Drivers in the build? No SATA drivers WILL give you a 7B Stop error especially if you're running in AHCI or RAID mode.

#811 patsch

patsch

Silver Member

• Advanced user
  • 785 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 11 January 2010 - 08:37 AM

Ray, did you include the Lenovo SATA Drivers in the build? No SATA drivers WILL give you a 7B Stop error especially if you're running in AHCI or RAID mode.

the Lenovo SATA drivers are the Intel drivers ... with SATA drivers activated like in the jpg from joalke above there should be no problem because the chipset is known by Win7 (also the raid/ahci mode, no need to integrate drivers during installation).
@RayRay: which win7 source do you use?

#812 trumpy81

trumpy81

• Members
  • 79 posts
  •  
    Australia

Posted 11 January 2010 - 09:39 AM

the Lenovo SATA drivers are the Intel drivers ... with SATA drivers activated like in the jpg from joalke above there should be no problem because the chipset is known by Win7 (also the raid/ahci mode, no need to integrate drivers during installation).

Patsch, Win7 also recognises the SATA drives of my ASUS P6T Deluxe MB (Also Intel Drivers), but if I don't include the drivers in the Win7 PE build, I get a 7B Stop error!! :confused1:

#813 patsch

patsch

Silver Member

• Advanced user
  • 785 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 11 January 2010 - 10:06 AM

@trumpy81: that ist very strange indeed because today I tested 2 systems with an ASUS P6T Deluxe V2 and an ASUS P6TD Deluxe, both in IDE and AHCI mode without problems ...
btw how do you integrate your drivers?

#814 trumpy81

trumpy81

• Members
  • 79 posts
  •  
    Australia

Posted 11 January 2010 - 11:03 AM

@trumpy81: that ist very strange indeed because today I tested 2 systems with an ASUS P6T Deluxe V2 and an ASUS P6TD Deluxe, both in IDE and AHCI mode without problems ...
btw how do you integrate your drivers?

Patsch and Ray, I have to apologise to you, I have to add the drivers to my LiveXP builds NOT Win7rescue! ... Doh!! ;)

I just checked my Win7Rescue build and I couldn't find where I added the drivers, so I checked all my build folders and low and behold I found them in the LiveXP folder.

Sorry for any confusion I may have caused :confused1:

#815 Formula84

Formula84

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 15 January 2010 - 06:00 PM

Does anyone here use FiraDisk to load ISO of Win7PE into ram and boot? I am curious how this is done I have checked out the firadisk thread but it is pretty involved wondering if anyone has insight as to how complicated of a task this is. I use UBCD4Win and PCUser has created a firadisk plugin that allows you to store multiple builds(ISO's) on your USB Drive and via the GRUB4DOS menu load them into ram with Firadisk driver somehow. I want to also be able to do this with Win7PE, is it something that has to be in the ISO during Build or is it just USB Drive modifications?

#816 RayRay

RayRay

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 16 January 2010 - 12:35 AM

I copied the source files from the Windows 7 Ultimate DVD. Sorry I didn't get back sooner, I had trouble getting to this forum for a few days. Couldn't get to Winbuilder either but OK now. I'm going to add the SATA drivers from my LiveXP build and test. Thanks everyone.

Ray

#817 pifpof

pifpof

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 17 January 2010 - 12:48 PM

Hi there,

My Win7RescuePE shows a strange behaviour:
After creating the ISO, I run it within VMware to check the desktop. All my programs and shortcuts were there and therefore I copied the ISO to my USB-stick.
After booting it on a different PC, some of my programs, shortcuts and menus disappeared.
Booting the same stick on another machine: programs, shortcuts were there like in VMware.
So I tried different sticks with the same behaviour.
The build process was successful.
Any ideas? :confused1:
pifpof

Attached Files

• Attached File  log.html   54.96KB   416 downloads

#818 patsch

patsch

Silver Member

• Advanced user
  • 785 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 17 January 2010 - 05:13 PM

Afaik there are still some issues with shortcuts ... shortcuts from programs that run from ram are ok, but other shortcuts may disappear.
I think, Peter is on the right way with his project because there I never had this problem, he wrote a script to set the correct shortcuts:
http://www.boot-land...?showtopic=9753

#819 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  • Interests:What somebody else cannot do.
  •  
    European Union

Posted 17 January 2010 - 05:21 PM

Afaik there are still some issues with shortcuts ... shortcuts from programs that run from ram are ok, but other shortcuts may disappear.
I think, Peter is on the right way with his project because there I never had this problem, he wrote a script to set the correct shortcuts:
http://www.boot-land...?showtopic=9753

Let me add a comment:

I made the mistake to include the "programs" folder into boot.wim.
In this 'wrong' builds all shortcuts worked.

After fixing "Programs" on CD / USB, there have still been some troubles with shortcuts.
That is fixed now, but not yet uploaded.

But there is an additional issue: Sample: In my configuration MMC shortcuts do not work allways.
Here in [process] the line RunFromRam,True was missing.
Edit:
Depending on the history before processing MMC.script, Therefore the default "False" is used and the shortcuts have been written to the wrong place.

Every script author should make sure that this definition is written as first [process] line.

Peter

#820 coolsonica

coolsonica
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 18 January 2010 - 01:23 AM

Everything working fine but iam unable to shutdown or restart in win7rescue PE , please help

#821 patsch

patsch

Silver Member

• Advanced user
  • 785 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 18 January 2010 - 07:04 AM

Everything working fine but iam unable to shutdown or restart in win7rescue PE , please help

look here, there it was already mentioned
http://www.boot-land...?...ost&p=88224

#822 pifpof

pifpof

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 18 January 2010 - 09:10 AM

Hi Patsch and psc,

Thanks for your answers but now I am lost. I am not a developer and I am confused because sometimes I have the shortcuts and sometimes not (same stick, different laptops).
I tried to follow the information at the link to nativeEx but I am lost.
Does it mean I have to combine some scripts of the two projects (especially script.project)?

I start to recreate the rescue project with all applications (tick for Run in RAM).

Thanks again
pifpof

#823 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  • Interests:What somebody else cannot do.
  •  
    European Union

Posted 18 January 2010 - 09:18 AM

Run the nativeEx_Win7 project.

This project contains only nativeEx_Win7 core functionality.
All apps, drivers etc. are links to Win7RescuePE.
These links are allready in nativeEx_Win7.

You do not need to build any links or copy files from one project to the other.

BTW: Some minutes ago I uploaded some changes in nativeEx_Win. You should do a new download.

Peter

#824 pifpof

pifpof

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 18 January 2010 - 10:56 AM

Hi Peter,

I got some errors while downloading the new files of nativeEX:
script.project failed the integrity check
Bochs 242 bios.bin was not downloaded
Bochs 242 vgabios-cirrus.bin was not downloaded
Seabios 043 bios.bin was not downloaded
Seabios bios.bin was not downloaded

I will start the project now.

cheers
pifpof

#825 patsch

patsch

Silver Member

• Advanced user
  • 785 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 18 January 2010 - 02:46 PM

that are the tools in nativeEx that are not necessary for the project ... uncheck these tools (afaik is the bios folder)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users