• 13649 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 18 November 2015 - 12:01 PM

I know about the dilemma. :)

It is BTW typical, and there are several related Murphy's Laws about the issue:
http://www.murphys-l...y-computer.html
The most pertaining one to the case being obviously:

If a program is useful, it will have to be changed.

with the RISK :ph34r: of either:

Bugs will appear in one part of a working program when another 'unrelated' part is modified.

or:

Program complexity grows until it exceeds the capability of the programmer who must maintain it.

:w00t:

For the record I have been in the past accusing many developers (particularly our good friend Wimb and - to a lesser extent - the good Steve6375) of being affected by featuritis, and I have no reason to give you a different treatment ;).

Heck! there are people that are (supposedly) being paid US$ 10 for this:

http://brutalhonesty.io/

:lol:

Now seriously, though personally I tend to prefer simple, vertical apps, each doing what their name suggests, there is nothing bad in this (as well as many other you implemented in the past) new feature in itself, but it adds complexity to the user :(.

Though I am not particularly a fan of applying it to everything, maybe the Pareto principle:

https://en.wikipedia...areto_principle

should be considered when deciding whether to add features to an existing tool or making a separate, brand new one :dubbio:.

:duff:

Wonko

#527 erwan.l

erwan.l

Gold Member

• Developer
  • 1920 posts
  •  
    France

Posted 18 November 2015 - 07:39 PM

Wonko suggested it (as in "he made me do it" :) )

Added the options Platform and Emulation when creating an ISO Disc image.

YgXxbUk.png?1

#528 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 13649 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 18 November 2015 - 08:59 PM

Good :thumbup:, now you only have to add isolevels and CDFS (for compatibility with XP and earlier, unless of course you also want to discontinue support for the older systems :w00t: :ph34r:).

Possibly even something else that I am now forgetting is needed :unsure: to have compatibility with at least "common" senarios, we need cdob's opinion on this.

And BTW the actual install CD's for recent Windows should be double standard (BIOS+UEFI), or you already implemented that? :dubbio:

Wonko

#529 ambralivio

ambralivio

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 166 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 18 November 2015 - 11:39 PM

Hi Ambralivio,

Download is here.

Regards,
Erwan

Thx Erwan, even if I am almost sure that yesterday (when I wrote my post) the new version was not available yet on that link.

Strange !!!

or here

@Netlord,

No. You can only find an old version there, since (unfortunately) not all the CloneDisk links are "synchronized".

Ambralivio

#530 erwan.l

erwan.l

Gold Member

• Developer
  • 1920 posts
  •  
    France

Posted 19 November 2015 - 09:14 AM

Thx Erwan, even if I am almost sure that yesterday (when I wrote my post) the new version was not available yet on that link.

Strange !!!

@Netlord,

No. You can only find an old version there, since (unfortunately) not all the CloneDisk links are "synchronized".

Ambralivio

Hi,

Actually the reboot download page here contains 2 mirrors pointing to my ftp and to my dropbox, but only for the x32 version.

My blog also contains the same links and next to that includes a link to the x64 version.

My ftp and dropbox always contain the latest version.

Regarding x32/x64 versions, the x64 is always one or two versions late as I use another computer/dev environment to compile this later.

Regards,

Erwan

#531 erwan.l

erwan.l

Gold Member

• Developer
  • 1920 posts
  •  
    France

Posted 19 November 2015 - 06:45 PM

Added filesystem option in the iso generator screen.

Could add BIOS+EFI & Iso levels options in that screen in the near futur.

UCSid8G.png

• @thehop likes this

#532 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 13649 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 25 July 2016 - 11:19 AM

BUG REPORT:

Apart re-submitting the idea that file names should contain tool version AND that older version should not be overwritten by new ones, the 2.3.5 version throws an error AND a BEEP (actually one for each device) about non existing disk for each and every "slot" in a multimedia card reader :frusty:.

This behaviour doesn't happen with 2.3.2.

And I have no §@C#ing way to get 2.3.3  :ranting2:  to check it, of course.

Nothing actually "severe", but a newbie using it for the first time might well have an heart attack  :w00t: :ph34r: if when starting a disk related tool it starts with "Windows cannot find ... Insert disk ..." and loud beep(s).

Wonko

#533 Zoso

Zoso

Silver Member

• Advanced user
  • 640 posts
  •  
    Isle of Man

Posted 26 July 2016 - 02:12 AM

confusion report ;-)

hi erwin.I, ive gone back to this guide http://labalec.fr/erwan/?p=1550 and picked up where i left off learning how to adjust a partition image to be bootable .img file. thread is here: http://reboot.pro/to...ge-for-booting/

im not sure if what is happning in clonedisk is to be expected or not (a bug?) so Im reporting it.

in this section of your guide:

ZmUbT4g.jpg

when i first load the disk.img, a popup box appears "enter sector offset" it also appears when i click refresh. after i enter "2048" in the box and click ok, the HiddenSec field is still 63 after entering 2048 and clicking ok.

i suppose that is normal but what Im reporting is that all the fields in this screen are not able to be edited at all. when i try to change a number, i can select the existing number in any of the boxes but when I enter a new number, it doesnt appear and the number in it does not change. maybe its normal?

the only thing i can do in this screen besides backup or restore is click "change boot code" but even then i dont see the message "changed mbr ok" as in your guide (the screen shot i posted here.

anyway, not asking for help here, only pointing out clonedisk behavior that seems unexpected and may need to be checked out.

#534 MichaelZ

MichaelZ

Frequent Member

• Team Reboot
  • 333 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 28 July 2016 - 12:46 PM

Hi Erwan,

I like your CloneDisk very much. I noticed that the executables that are presently on your download server erwan.labalec.fr have inconsistent version information. Both the x86 and x64 executable show 2.3.5 in the title bar but the x86 variant has 2.3.2 in its ressource version information and the x64 one shows 2.3.3.

Do you plan to support writing Grub4Dos boot code into the boot sector, also on exFAT?

Many Greetings

MichaelZ

#535 MichaelZ

MichaelZ

Frequent Member

• Team Reboot
  • 333 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 28 July 2016 - 12:56 PM

And I have no §@C#ing way to get 2.3.3  :ranting2:  to check it, of course.

I have the x86 variant in my storage, it shows 2.3.3 in both title bar and ressource. I could send it if you let me know your e-mail address or I could send you a download link.

Many Greetings

Michael

#536 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 13649 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 28 July 2016 - 01:49 PM

I have the x86 variant in my storage, it shows 2.3.3 in both title bar and ressource. I could send it if you let me know your e-mail address or I could send you a download link.

Many Greetings

Michael

Naah, thank you Michael :), but I don't actually *need* to check it, 2.3.2 is good enough for me and I can bear the 4 long beeps when I start 2.3.5 fine (I know that they are not a critical issue) it was just another way to show our good friend erwan another good reason why some proper version management would have been advisable.

Of course him being a (self-declared)  "lazy bastard" :w00t: is a very good reason to not do anything about it :):

http://reboot.pro/to...-19#entry187929

and I lied here :ph34r::
http://reboot.pro/to...edisk/?p=187930

on second thought it makes no sense to do that kind of work to have a proper set of properly named versions, it would make things too d@mn simple and easy and would deprive this grumpy old bastard (yours truly ;)) of some occasions to show how grumpy he is... :whistling:

Wonko

#537 misty

misty

Silver Member

• Developer
  • 703 posts
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 29 January 2017 - 09:04 AM

A quick question (and my sincere apologies for being lazy and not checking through the other 20+ pages of this thread as it may have already been answered) -

Can CloneDisk create and mount VHD files on Windows XP (or any other OS's predating Windows 7 when VHD became natively supported)?

Also found/stumbled on this article - http://www.pcadvisor...isk-22-3329736/ - Erwan, you're famous!

Regards,

Misty

P.s. reason for being lazy is that I'm working on something else more important ;)

#538 erwan.l

erwan.l

Gold Member

• Developer
  • 1920 posts
  •  
    France

Posted 29 January 2017 - 01:21 PM

A quick question (and my sincere apologies for being lazy and not checking through the other 20+ pages of this thread as it may have already been answered) -

Can CloneDisk create and mount VHD files on Windows XP (or any other OS's predating Windows 7 when VHD became natively supported)?

Also found/stumbled on this article - http://www.pcadvisor...isk-22-3329736/ - Erwan, you're famous!

Regards,

Misty

P.s. reason for being lazy is that I'm working on something else more important ;)

Hi Misty,

The VirtualDisk features work on vista and UP.

Starting with windows 8, you can also mount iso thru these VirtualDisk features.

Thanks for the link : nice to know CloneDisk is appreciated :)

Regards,

Erwan

#539 erwan.l

erwan.l

Gold Member

• Developer
  • 1920 posts
  •  
    France

Posted 26 March 2017 - 06:02 PM

Clonedisk updated to 2.3.6 (x32 - x64 will follow).

added : imapi, copy bootfile to temp folder to avoid file used error (x32)
added : source/target label in convert image form (x32)
added : backup_drive, zeromemory when readfile=false (x32)
added : vdi2raw added in image conversion (x32)
added : vmdk2raw added in image conversion (x32)
added : vhd2raw added in image conversion (x32)
added : backup/restore caption in backup/restore form (x32)
todo : complete code to backup/restore from/to vhd/vmdk/vdi
added : backup_devio simplified (x32)
modified : backup_drive->Drive2RAW,backup_ewf->Drive2EWF,backup_wim->Drive2WiM  (x32)
modified : restore_drive->RAW2Drive,restore_ewf->EWF2Drive,restore_wim->WIM2Drive (x32)
fixed : rename frmmain src & dst to _src and _dst which were creating inconsistencis here and there (x32)
modified : cleanup in raw2drive (x32)
modified : cleanup in ewf2drive (x32)
modified : backup/restore to/from devio renamed to ... network (x32)
modified : unlockvolume in backup_devio (x32)
modified : cleanup in restore_devio (x32)
added : volumes (x32)
modified : remove mount point from 'symlinks - mount points' tab (x32)

• alacran likes this

#540 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 13649 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 06 April 2017 - 04:27 PM

Good, now that the DISK/PART confusion is over (thanks BTW):
http://reboot.pro/to...memgr/?p=203207

I guess it is time to check the actual (other, not mentioned till now) issues, please understand how the following may be some mistake on my part (i.e. I missed something that is already in the Clonedisk or followed a procedure that is different from the "intended" standard) honestly I never had these issues before, but my use of clonedisk had not been before anything but "occasional".
Platform Windows 7 SP1.
1) I can backup a MBR fine (in Advanced->Master Boot Record), but seemingly it doesn't allow me to restore one (worked around by pretending to restore to Physicaldriven (Disk) from RAW image providing the backed up MBR file, 512 bytes in size.
2) In Advanced, on the Master Boot Record page, if one presses the ... (three dots) button next to each partition entry it opens the Boot Sector tab (good :)) that unlike the Master Boot Record one, allows not to edit anything, it is just a viewer of the BPB data, it would be nice if also this tab allowed editing (something that I often happen to change is geometry, i.e. the fields SecPerTrack and Heads, because of wrking with different BIOSes and particularly small partition/hard disk images)
3) While you are at it, in both the Master Boot Record and in the Boot Sector pages there is the possibility to change the "Boot Code", while in MBR there are three options (NT6, G4D and "Any") in the Boot Sector page there is only "NT6", adding here a "Any" would be IMHO a nice improvement BUT it is IMHO not acceptable that you call "NT6" what later (in the confirmation popup) is revealed being the Windows 8.1 boot code

Another issue (this time tested on Windows XP SP2) there is (still) the stupid error with the (internal USB) card reader(s), those stupid devices that in Windows get a drive letter even if there is no media inserted: every other operation with Clonedisk it evidently attempts to re-enumerate devices and each time I have 4 (four) popups (and beeps) and I have to click four times on "continue". :ranting2:

There is a (minor, still ....) issue in the logic of the "Backup to image" (nothing to worry about, only IMHO unnerving), if you select a Disk and then "Backup to Image" you have a popup asking to choose the type of image, an user is free to choose "WIM" (and even if he really wants, additionally choose "Wimboot"), and press OK, only to be greeted by a (right) info message stating how WIM is for "logical drives" only.
It would be only too logical to use the same logic BEFORE, and open the "Choose Options" popup with the WIM options already grayed out, i.e. the provided options should be compatible with the chosen source.

Another issue (but maybe here I missed something :unsure:) is the "monolithicness" :w00t: of a RAW disk image.
If I make a RAW image of a whole Disk, let's say with two partitions/volumes I seemingly cannot access/select (within clonedisk) a single partition (within the DIsk RAW image) to be used as a source to be restored to a partition/volume using the "Restore from Image".
A partition selector (not entirely unlike the one that IMDISK uses when opening a "full" disk image) and the possibility of selecting a single partition (besides the whole disk) as source for the restore action would be handy.
And another thing is - besides the MBR and the single partitions/volumes the "initial" sectors before (typically sectors 1-63 or 1-2047), it seems like there is not a way to backup (or restore) them.

Practical example, I made a RAW disk image of a 40 Gb disk divided in several partitions, of which the first one was a small 2 Gb partition, then deployed the whole thing to a new disk.
Then I made some modifications on the new disk that turned out to be "wrong", since these modifications were made only on that first partition I thought I could restore just that (the system at hand was an old, slowish machine where writing to disk 2 Gb instead of 40 makes a big difference time wise), but couldn't find a way to do so (I easily worked around the issue of course, using a "plain" dsfi, but I was on a XP, that won't have worked on 7, transferring from the image all sectors up to the end of the first partition).
As an alternative (or additionally), a nice provision would be (since clonedisk has surely these capacities internally already) to add to the "Advanced" a "dd-like" interface with fields:
Source: IF=
Destination: OF=
BlockSize BS=
Number of blocks to skip in Source SKIP =
Number of blocks to seek in Destination SEEK=
Size to be transferred COUNT=
or similar.
This way the actually advanced user would have a whole lot of "manual" possibilities, including managing the "initial hidden sectors" (think as an example at MBR code that extends beyond first sector like the grub/grub4dos one or - this was actually my case - one of the hidden sectors being used to store some "protected" data by a old tool).

Now, the main thing.
There should be some sort of check of consistency between what is the source and what is the "destination".
Right now an user can restore a partition image over a whole disk without getting any "are you really sure" kind of warning.
This is a (more severe) issue similar to the one mentioned above (about WIM format) , the program should have some safeguard against "improper" actions, particularly when they can result in damage to a disk (i.e. at least when the destination is a disk or a partition).

I guess I have provided thinking matter :unsure: (and possibly hard work :w00t: :ph34r: ) enough for the moment :whistling: there is no hurry whatsoever of course to implement any of the above.

Wonko

P.S.: What is described above is with the previous version (before 2.3.6) so if you already fixed some of the above, ignore them of course.
I may be able to re-test the new-new version at the end of next week.

#541 erwan.l

erwan.l

Gold Member

• Developer
  • 1920 posts
  •  
    France

Posted 06 April 2017 - 04:39 PM

Good, now that the DISK/PART confusion is over (thanks BTW):
http://reboot.pro/to...memgr/?p=203207

1) I can backup a MBR fine (in Advanced->Master Boot Record), but seemingly it doesn't allow me to restore one (worked around by pretending to restore to Physicaldriven (Disk) from RAW image providing the backed up MBR file, 512 bytes in size.
2) In Advanced, on the Master Boot Record page, if one presses the ... (three dots) button next to each partition entry it opens the Boot Sector tab (good :)) that unlike the Master Boot Record one, allows not to edit anything, it is just a viewer of the BPB data, it would be nice if also this tab allowed editing (something that I often happen to change is geometry, i.e. the fields SecPerTrack and Heads, because of wrking with different BIOSes and particularly small partition/hard disk images)
3) While you are at it, in both the Master Boot Record and in the Boot Sector pages there is the possibility to change the "Boot Code", while in MBR there are three options (NT6, G4D and "Any") in the Boot Sector page there is only "NT6", adding here a "Any" would be IMHO a nice improvement BUT it is IMHO not acceptable that you call "NT6" what later (in the confirmation popup) is revealed being the Windows 8.1 boot code

Another issue (this time tested on Windows XP SP2) there is (still) the stupid error with the (internal USB) card reader(s), those stupid devices that in Windows get a drive letter even if there is no media inserted: every other operation with Clonedisk it evidently attempts to re-enumerate devices and each time I have 4 (four) popups (and beeps) and I have to click four times on "continue".  :ranting2:

Hi Wonko,

Thank for this positive feedback and above all, that nice guidance : many (really many) features/bug fixes in CloneDisk are directly linked to your help.

As your previous thread was quite thick, i'll start with the first 3 bullet points.

1/I cannot reproduce the issue.

Are you getting some sort of error?

2/You missed the hidden feature :) Double click on a field and you will be prompted to edit it. 

Note : not all fields are editable.

I know...I know... A "3 dots" button would have been so much simpler right? :)

3/What do you mean by "not acceptable"? Should it be another wording? like NT6.3 (from wikipedia).

I will shortly add a button to restore "any".

About your USB card reader, I have the same issue over here.

This is the same root cause as your post here.

I am currently enumerating drive letters.

Now that I have introduced VolumeMgr, I will review my code not to enumerate drive letters but volumes.

That will solve a few minor things and will also provide more datas (like volumes without a drive letter).

Once these 3 points will be addressed, I will move with the other ones.

Regards,

Erwan

#542 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 13649 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 06 April 2017 - 05:22 PM

#1 Cannot remember the exact error, will need to re-try on that machine (that I have not handy right now)

#2 Good :)

Maybe :unsure: Make the editable fields with a white background, leaving the non-editable ones gray. 

#3 This is a "can of worms".

NT 6 in itself may mean anything from Vista :ph34r: to 8.1 (including 7 in passing by), the issue is ONLY philological, there are several (and I mean several) versions of the boot code in these 4 Operating Systems (Vista/7/8/8.1) both for the MBR and particularly for the Boot Sector, if you use the Windows 8.1 one (and that one only) I find it deceiving to call it "NT 6" as it is a particular version of a particular subset of what is "NT6", NT6.3 would be much more correct :thumbsup: though it has to be checked if (the PBR code) is actually different from 6.2 (Windows 8) or if (the MBR code) is actually different from 6.1 (Windows 7) .

JFYI (as a side-side note about the "can of worms"):

http://www.msfn.org/...sions-compared/

I know that I am picky, but if I have - say - a working Vista install (I do know it is an oximoron ;), but I hold the special license needed to use them) with a corrupted bootsector, I want to restore the right bootsector (and not a later version, even if it works the same).

Wonko

#543 erwan.l

erwan.l

Gold Member

• Developer
  • 1920 posts
  •  
    France

Posted 06 April 2017 - 05:29 PM

There is a (minor, still ....) issue in the logic of the "Backup to image" (nothing to worry about, only IMHO unnerving), if you select a Disk and then "Backup to Image" you have a popup asking to choose the type of image, an user is free to choose "WIM" (and even if he really wants, additionally choose "Wimboot"), and press OK, only to be greeted by a (right) info message stating how WIM is for "logical drives" only.
It would be only too logical to use the same logic BEFORE, and open the "Choose Options" popup with the WIM options already grayed out, i.e. the provided options should be compatible with the chosen source.

easy one : done.

will be in next version.

#544 erwan.l

erwan.l

Gold Member

• Developer
  • 1920 posts
  •  
    France

Posted 06 April 2017 - 05:31 PM

#1 Cannot remember the exact error, will need to re-try on that machine (that I have not handy right now)

Maybe :unsure: Make the editable fields with a white background, leaving the non-editable ones gray. 

#3 This is a "can of worms".

NT 6 in itself may mean anything from Vista :ph34r: to 8.1 (including 7 in passing by), the issue is ONLY philological, there are several (and I mean several) versions of the boot code in these 4 Operating Systems (Vista/7/8/8.1) both for the MBR and particularly for the Boot Sector, if you use the Windows 8.1 one (and that one only) I find it deceiving to call it "NT 6" as it is a particular version of a particular subset of what is "NT6", NT6.3 would be much more correct :thumbsup: though it has to be checked if (the PBR code) is actually different from 6.2 (Windows 8) or if (the MBR code) is actually different from 6.1 (Windows 7) .

JFYI (as a side-side note about the "can of worms"):

http://www.msfn.org/...sions-compared/

I know that I am picky, but if I have - say - a working Vista install (I do know it is an oximoron ;), but I hold the special license needed to use them) with a corrupted bootsector, I want to restore the right bootsector (and not a later version, even if it works the same).

Wonko

I'll stay away from the can of worms for now and I simply renamed to NT6.3 :)

#545 erwan.l

erwan.l

Gold Member

• Developer
  • 1920 posts
  •  
    France

Posted 06 April 2017 - 05:40 PM

Done.

Available in next version.

#546 Zharif

Zharif

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 149 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 06 April 2017 - 06:30 PM

Hi erwan,

Regarding clonedisk v. 2.3.3, 2.3.4 and 2.3.6: All these are still bugging me with the beeps wonko mentioned before.

The lastest I was able to download was v.2.3.6.

Just a suggestion:

nearly all of the API's that throw out an error for non-ready drives/volumes accept a corresponding device path or a GUID.

In my experience this error only occures if a drive letter was passed to the corresponding functions.

It might be of help to just replace the drive letter with a GUID or a device path.

Again, just a suggestion worth to play with it.

#547 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 13649 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 06 April 2017 - 06:48 PM

Regarding clonedisk v. 2.3.3, 2.3.4 and 2.3.6: All these are still bugging me with the beeps wonko mentioned before.

The lastest I was able to download was v.2.3.6.

Just a suggestion:

nearly all of the API's that throw out an error for non-ready drives/volumes accept a corresponding device path or a GUID.

In my experience this error only occures if a drive letter was passed to the corresponding functions.

It might be of help to just replace the drive letter with a GUID or a device path.

Again, just a suggestion worth to play with it.

About your USB card reader, I have the same issue over here.

This is the same root cause as your post here.

I am currently enumerating drive letters.

Now that I have introduced VolumeMgr, I will review my code not to enumerate drive letters but volumes.

That will solve a few minor things and will also provide more datas (like volumes without a drive letter).

Next version should be OK, using the same logic/implementation of VolumeMgr. :)

As a not so trifling side effect of the same "drive letter" vs. "volume" (pr maybe "partition") listing is that if you restore (to a blank disk) a MBR (with already some partitions entries filled) you cannot see them partitions (of course not formatted) in Clonedisk until you refresh other Windows programs (explorer/diskmgr, etc.) and they assign the drive letter, first time it was puzzling

Wonko

#548 Zharif

Zharif

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 149 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 06 April 2017 - 07:23 PM

As a not so trifling side effect of the same "drive letter" vs. "volume" (pr maybe "partition") listing is that if you restore (to a blank disk) a MBR (with already some partitions entries filled) you cannot see them partitions (of course not formatted) in Clonedisk until you refresh other Windows programs (explorer/diskmgr, etc.) and they assign the drive letter, first time it was puzzling

About diskmgr - I don't know.

About explorer - as long as somebody avoids to use API's that refers to shell32.dll programmatical processing of any input should be safe.

Shell32 API's (also wide APIs) will give similar results as seen in windows explorer with all of it disadvantages (e.g. no long file name support, refreshing issues). Staying away from them also would be a good idea .

#549 erwan.l

erwan.l

Gold Member

• Developer
  • 1920 posts
  •  
    France

Posted 08 April 2017 - 09:21 AM

New version uploaded.

Note : biggest change is the enumeration of drives - I no longer go thru logical drives but thru volumes.

Actually I also retrieve volumes without a mount point now (but I hide them for now).

Thus, when performing an action on a volume, I still use the drive letter - next version will fix that as well.

clonedisk.exe 
08/04/2017 11:17:37,58 
E283E738B5114625712FA9C44B3C6324

latest log file.

removed : dosdevices in advanced tabs (x32/x64)
removed : symlink in advanced tab (x32/x64)
added : mount_vol and unmount_vol to udiskmgmt (x32/x64)
added : change partition to number one in part editor (sx32/x64)
added : extra partition mbr types in part editor (x32/x64)
modified : display disk id and part disk id, part id in updated column='device' (x32)
added : restore any BS boot code (x32)
changed : renamed NT6 to NT6.3 in boot sector and MBR (x32)
changed : boot sector fields editable in white (x32)
changed : optimized _enum_drives_lv (x32)
added : VolumeNameToDeviceName to lib and removed from ufrmvolume (x32)
added : GetVolumePathNamesForVolumeName to udiskmgmt (x32)
changed : wim/wimboot/skip empty parts grayed out when needed in restore/backup (x32)
changed : rewritten _enum_drives_lv (x32) to enumerate thru volumes not drive letters (x32)

#550 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 13649 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 08 April 2017 - 10:50 AM

Minor, minor thing (only as a reminder, not worth any intervention until *something else* is needed).

RMPREPUSB created USB stick (Removable) with "hidden" 0x21 partition, the 2nd partition (or 2nd partition entry) is not enumerated correctly (it remains 0), more loosely the "Number" in the view should really be "Slot Number" or "Entry Number".

The:

1) Convert RAW to VMDK/VHD
2) Disk Image Conversion

Are somehow confusing, the working of the former could be included (consolidated) in the latter, removing one menu item.

Wonko

Attached Thumbnails

• clonediskrmprepusb.jpeg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users