• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 sanbarrow

sanbarrow

Silver Member

• Developer
  • 788 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 02:22 AM

VirtualBox 3 works in MOA 2.4.1 - I haven't tested USB yet ...

Instructions: install it in MOA or elsewhere once. Then copy or junction the complete install directory to R:\vm\virtualbox3.
It can co-exist with R:\vm\virtualbox for version #2
In regular use just run virtualbox3-lodr.exe / virtualbox3-lodr.au3
from somewhere. It will speedinstall Virtualbox3 and create a desktop-icon "virtualbox3" - when it is there - Virtualbox3 is ready to start.
bridged networking is ok - have not tested USB and virtual networks yet.

The virtualbox3-lodr.exe works for 3 beta and 3.0.0

You can even run VMplayer inside a Virtualbox-VM - make sure to enable VT-supprt for the Virtualbox-VM.
You also need VT-support for 64bit VMs

If you create VMs they will be remembered during reboots.

read more

Ulli

#2 Holmes.Sherlock

Holmes.Sherlock

Gold Member

• Team Reboot
  • 1444 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 08 September 2010 - 06:01 AM

Like VMware, is it possible in Oracle VM Virtual Box 3.2.8 to use a physical disk or any of its partitions as a hard drive & simulate USB/HDD booting?

#3 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 16066 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 08 September 2010 - 09:48 PM

Like VMware, is it possible in Oracle VM Virtual Box 3.2.8 to use a physical disk or any of its partitions as a hard drive & simulate USB/HDD booting?

I would like to understand what the heck do you think your question has in common with the announce of VirtualBox 3 is working under MOA....:)

There is ALREADY a topic that answers nicely your question (and possibly many other that will follow):
http://www.boot-land...?showtopic=8581

Please, next time, verify that your post is not better suited elsewhere (please read as SEARCH before posting) or consider creating a new thread (instead of hujacking an existing one with unrelated things).

:D
Wonko

#4 Holmes.Sherlock

Holmes.Sherlock

Gold Member

• Team Reboot
  • 1444 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 08 September 2010 - 11:58 PM

I would like to understand what the heck do you think your question has in common with the announce of VirtualBox 3 is working under MOA....:D

This thread contains no specific description & the name is VirtualBox 3 only. So, I don't think that this thread can't be used to put VBox 3 related queries together. Had it been intended only to announce "VirtualBox 3 is working under MOA", then the thread author should have been a little more verbose.

BTW, putting all altercations apart, I'm again thankful to u for providing me with the exact link.

#5 sanbarrow

sanbarrow

Silver Member

• Developer
  • 788 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 01:19 AM

Hi
both have the same problem I guess - in VMware and VirtualBOx you can assign USB-disks or sticks as physical disks to a VM. In WS that is a GUI-option - in VirtualBOX you use a commandline to create such a virtualdisk dewscription (vmdk-file)
If you boot from them the OS installed on USB thinks it boots from LSI-SCSI or whatever you assigned as scsi-controller to the guest.
You can also rewrite the vmdks so that they can be used as IDE.

But whatever you do you don't have a real-life test for USB-boots.

To test the closest to a real life USB-boot test you would start the VM via the plop-bopotmanager-iso

#6 Holmes.Sherlock

Holmes.Sherlock

Gold Member

• Team Reboot
  • 1444 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 09 September 2010 - 01:25 AM

Thank u sanbarrow

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users