#1 was_jaclaz

was_jaclaz

Finder

• Advanced user
  • 7101 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 12 July 2009 - 04:24 PM

Apart from the fun we are having about this skins issue ;), isn't it "plain stoopid" the whatever approach is used in the board?

I mean, a "skin" should be a way to show the SAME data in a different way, from the small problems that surface from time to time, it looks from the outside more as a "database report", i.e. something that needs to be changed everytime a new field is added to the "database", i.e. each "skin" has also it's own "source". ;)

Thanks for the update.

:lol:

jaclaz

#2 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 12 July 2009 - 04:48 PM

isn't it "plain stoopid" the whatever approach is used in the board?

This would probably be better discussed on a new topic at the "Site feedback" section to keep this topic focused strictly on adsense testing and feedback.

Otherwise it will become difficult for other members to read what has been asked related to adsense.

#3 was_jaclaz

was_jaclaz

Finder

• Advanced user
  • 7101 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 12 July 2009 - 05:02 PM

Righty-o.

Continued from here:
http://www.boot-land...?...=8362&st=11

jaclaz

#4 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 12 July 2009 - 05:23 PM

A medium to large software application as this forum software is based upon a modular concept.

Given this modularity, the database and kernel of the forum only required to apply these modifications once. Skin is the part that is customizable to suit a specific visual or be adapted to a specific audience.

On the boot-land.net case, the default skin is web2.0 and most changes and testings are first applied to this skin.

The source of the classical skin is only modified once the testing has been done and there is interest by the users of this skin to also include the additional features that were implemented on the standard skin.

At your specific case, you're using "IPB default" which is only kept for legacy reasons and can also be updated if you show interest on using specific features, otherwise it is kept as untouched as possible.

#5 MedEvil

MedEvil

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 7771 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 05:28 PM

Don't know the least bit about the forum software, but i find it quite strange that one installs features into the skin.
Just imagine you would need to reinstall your software, when you change the windows skin.

#6 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 12 July 2009 - 05:36 PM

Just imagine you would need to reinstall your software, when you change the windows skin.

Yep, this is exactly the reason why things are modular in the first place.. :lol:

#7 was_jaclaz

was_jaclaz

Finder

• Advanced user
  • 7101 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 12 July 2009 - 05:46 PM

At your specific case, you're using "IPB default" which is only kept for legacy reasons and can also be updated if you show interest on using specific features, otherwise it is kept as untouched as possible.

Yep ;), I was BORN "legacy" and intend to stay that way! ;)

http://www.elasmo-re..._s_predator.htm

Brought to you as part of the

Posted Image

campaign for a simpler world. :lol:

;)

jaclaz

#8 MedEvil

MedEvil

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 7771 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 06:47 PM

Always nice to meet others, which follow my personal mantra! ;)

#9 paraglider

paraglider

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1743 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 12 July 2009 - 06:50 PM

Have to say I do not like the web 2.0 version. I use the classic skin.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users