#1 Lãng khách

Lãng khách
  • Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
    Vietnam

Posted 12 July 2009 - 11:13 AM

Hello every body!
From Kaspersky ver. 2010, it create Kaspersky Rescue Disk in Linux OS.
Anybody tutor me create a USB boot? The link to download .iso file:
http://195.222.17.41...rescue_2008.iso
Thanks a lot for help!
Sorry for my English!!!

#2 was_jaclaz

was_jaclaz

Finder

• Advanced user
  • 7101 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 12 July 2009 - 11:42 AM

Post a Dir of the .iso.

I.e.:
DIR D: /S >C:\Kaspersky.dir
(assuming D: is the CD ROM drive or the drive letter to which you have mounted the .iso)
Zip the resulting file and attach it to your next post.

jaclaz

#3 Icecube

Icecube

Gold Member

• Team Reboot
  • 1063 posts
  •  
    Belgium

Posted 12 July 2009 - 12:24 PM

Extract the iso with 7zip to the root of your USB thumb drive.
Install grub4dos (see grub4dos tutorial).

Put this in your menu.lst file:
title Kaspersky Rescue Disk: defaultkernel /isolinux/rescue root=/dev/ram0 init=/linuxrc looptype=squashfs loop=/image.squashfs cdroot quiet noapicinitrd /isolinux/rescue.igztitle Kaspersky Rescue Disk: safekernel /isolinux/rescue root=/dev/ram0 init=/linuxrc looptype=squashfs loop=/image.squashfs cdroot nox trace noapicinitrd /isolinux/rescue.igztitle Kaspersky Rescue Disk: tracekernel /isolinux/rescue root=/dev/ram0 init=/linuxrc looptype=squashfs loop=/image.squashfs cdroot quiet trace noapicinitrd /isolinux/rescue.igztitle Kaspersky Rescue Disk: textkernel /isolinux/rescue root=/dev/ram0 init=/linuxrc looptype=squashfs loop=/image.squashfs cdroot console=tty2 console=ttyS2,115200 softlevel=iamt nox kavshell trace noapicinitrd /isolinux/rescue.igz

#4 Neel

Neel

• Members
  • 52 posts
  •  
    India

Posted 27 July 2009 - 05:12 AM

found the following by google
tested and working for me

title 2. Kaspersky Rescue-CD

kernel /KAV2009_JUL_13/isolinux/rescue subdir=/KAV2009_JUL_13 setkmap=us scandelay=5 root=/dev/ram0 init=/linuxrc looptype=squashfs loop=/KAV2009_JUL_13/image.squashfs cdroot

initrd  /KAV2009_JUL_13/isolinux/rescue.igz

ps: thanks to the original post

#5 Lãng khách

Lãng khách
  • Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
    Vietnam

Posted 05 August 2009 - 01:31 PM

title Kaspersky Rescue Disk: defaultkernel /isolinux/rescue root=/dev/ram0 init=/linuxrc looptype=squashfs loop=/image.squashfs cdroot quiet noapicinitrd /isolinux/rescue.igztitle Kaspersky Rescue Disk: safekernel /isolinux/rescue root=/dev/ram0 init=/linuxrc looptype=squashfs loop=/image.squashfs cdroot nox trace noapicinitrd /isolinux/rescue.igztitle Kaspersky Rescue Disk: tracekernel /isolinux/rescue root=/dev/ram0 init=/linuxrc looptype=squashfs loop=/image.squashfs cdroot quiet trace noapicinitrd /isolinux/rescue.igztitle Kaspersky Rescue Disk: textkernel /isolinux/rescue root=/dev/ram0 init=/linuxrc looptype=squashfs loop=/image.squashfs cdroot console=tty2 console=ttyS2,115200 softlevel=iamt nox kavshell trace noapicinitrd /isolinux/rescue.igz

Thank you very much.
And today, I want to ask you guide me how to create a USB boot with Avast! Bart PE USB? Here is was the link to download:
which was REMOVED by jaclaz

Thanks!

#6 was_jaclaz

was_jaclaz

Finder

• Advanced user
  • 7101 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 05 August 2009 - 01:38 PM

Lãng khách

Be VERY, VERY aware of Rule #1:
http://www.boot-land...?act=boardrules

NO links to un-redistributable files.

jaclaz

#7 Lãng khách

Lãng khách
  • Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
    Vietnam

Posted 05 August 2009 - 02:27 PM

Lãng khách

Be VERY, VERY aware of Rule #1:
http://www.boot-land...?act=boardrules

NO links to un-redistributable files.

jaclaz

Sr, tks for your reminder!
But can you guide me how to create a USB boot with Avast! Bart PE USB?

#8 Patch

Patch
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 25 August 2009 - 01:02 AM

I've been trying to get Kaspersky Rrescue to boot on a usb drive via grub4dos using these instructions. I have VistaPE, Active-disk and parted magic working on the same usb drive so far. I extracted the ISO to the /images/KRD directory as instructed:

screenshot.1251161228.jpeg

I modified the menu.lst here:

title Kaspersky Rescue-CD:default
kernel /images/KRD/isolinux/rescue subdir=/images/KRD setkmap=us scandelay=5 root=/dev/ram0 init=/linuxrc looptype=squashfs loop=/images/KRD/image.squashfs cdroot
initrd /images/KRD/isolinux/rescue.igz

When grub boots isolinux, it fails because it cannot find the CD-ROM. Do I have to modify the linux config to not look for the CD-ROM? Not sure why it works for others but not on my USB drive. I have tried another drive. What am I missing? TIA.

Contrails

#9 GeorgeIoak

GeorgeIoak
  • Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 27 October 2009 - 03:59 PM

Did you ever get your KRD CD ISO to work when booting from USB w/ Grub4DOS? I have tried just about every combination and no matter what I do the kernel continues to report that "Media not found. Looking for the cdrom". It then tries all the devices (/dev/sda1 ...) and finally gives up reporting that "Could not find CD to boot, something else needed! The last thing that it reports is:

Determining root device ...
Could not find the root block device in .

I'm using a USB stick formatted with NTFS and a single partition. I've tried both 0xFF and hd32. I've tried extracting the ISO into a folder as well as directly mounting the ISO with the image.squashfs file copied into the root of the USB.

Although I've tried many combinations here is my latest menu.lst

title Kaspersky Rescue CD Test

find --set-root /images/kav_rescue_2008.iso

map /images/kav_rescue_2008.iso (hd32) || map --mem /images/kav_rescue_2008.iso (hd32)

map --hook

root (hd32)

chainloader (hd32)

And here's a couple of attempts that also did NOT work:

# title Kaspersky Rescue Disk: default

# kernel /Kaspersky/isolinux/rescue root=/dev/ram0 init=/linuxrc looptype=squashfs loop=/image.squashfs cdroot quiet noapic

# initrd /Kaspersky/isolinux/rescue.igz

title Kaspersky Rescue-CD

find --set-root  /Kaspersky/isolinux/rescue.igz

kernel /Kaspersky/isolinux/rescue subdir=/Kaspersky setkmap=us scandelay=5 root=/dev/ram0 init=/linuxrc looptype=squashfs loop=/Kaspersky/image.squashfs cdroot

initrd /Kaspersky/isolinux/rescue.igz

Hopefully someone out there can find a reason why I'm not having any luck!

Thanks!
George

#10 was_jaclaz

was_jaclaz

Finder

• Advanced user
  • 7101 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 27 October 2009 - 04:11 PM

See if any of these help:
http://www.boot-land...?...=9391&st=10
http://www.boot-land...?...ic=9354&hl=

AND try with FAT/FAT32.

jaclaz

#11 maanu

maanu

Gold Member

• Advanced user
  • 1134 posts
  •  
    Pakistan

Posted 27 October 2009 - 04:28 PM

yes . fat32 might do the trick . may be NTFS driver is not active at initial stage so it overlooked the usb drive .

#12 GeorgeIoak

GeorgeIoak
  • Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 27 October 2009 - 04:43 PM

I remember looking through those posts but I'll go through them again to see if I missed anything.

I was wondering if the NTFS could be the reason. The USB does boot first into NTLDR and then I chose to load Grub4DOS from the boot.ini menu.

If it is NTFS, which app do you recommend to change from NTFS to FAT32 without loosing everything I've done so far or is it better to backup and start all over (I hope not!).

#13 was_jaclaz

was_jaclaz

Finder

• Advanced user
  • 7101 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 27 October 2009 - 05:31 PM

I would try, in the order given:
  • the map/unmap by tinybit
  • the cdroot=/dev/xxx or cdroot=/dev/sda1, etc.
  • another filesystem (FAT or FAT32)

There are no easy/handy/free ways to convert from NTFS to FAT/FAT32 AFAIK/AFAICR without re-formatting.

But I guess that you can use the "poorman"'s method:
http://www.msfn.org/...on-t131017.html
http://www.msfn.org/...017-page-3.html

Copy elsewhere, then copy back. :confused1:

The only "sensible" files are those involved in the very early boot stage, like grldr, ntldr, ntdetect.com, etc, that should be near the beginning of the parition, to be on the safe side.

jaclaz

#14 GeorgeIoak

GeorgeIoak
  • Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 27 October 2009 - 08:41 PM

OK, I'm not sure I did the map/unmap method correctly but here's my menu.lst:

title Kaspersky Rescue CD Test

find --set-root /images/kav_rescue_2008.iso

map --mem /images/kav_rescue_2008.iso (hd32)

map --hook

root (hd32)

kernel /Kaspersky/isolinux/rescue subdir=/Kaspersky setkmap=us scandelay=5 root=/dev/ram0 init=/linuxrc looptype=squashfs loop=/Kaspersky/image.squashfs cdroot

initrd /Kaspersky/isolinux/rescue.igz

map --unmap=0:0xff

map --unhook

boot

For now as a test I extracted the ISO into the Kaspersky folder and I still have image.squashfs in the root (as well as in the Kaspersky folder).

Running this code the system just hangs with (hd0,0) and then I get "Filesystem type is iso9660, using whole disk"

It then repeats my kernel line and gives "Error 15: File not found" which I see now is probably because I don't have linuxrc. I copied that kernel line from somewhere else on the forum and the Kaspersky ISO doesn't have that so I'm not sure why the other person decided to use it. If I look in the isolinux folder in the ISO and then in the isolinux.cfg I find these statements:

default rescue

timeout 300

prompt 1

display boot.msg

F1 F1.msg

label rescue

kernel rescue

append root=/dev/ram0 init=/linuxrc looptype=squashfs loop=/image.squashfs cdroot initrd=rescue.igz quiet noapic

How do I extract out the linuxrc or can I just get it from another distribution? Based on this isolinux.cfg file do you think it's possible to just start over with this knowledge and be able to mount the ISO with the correct files in place?

#15 was_jaclaz

was_jaclaz

Finder

• Advanced user
  • 7101 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 28 October 2009 - 10:46 AM

GeorgeIoak

I see that you are still new at this. :confused1:

The idea is not to "assemble" an entry in menu.lst and try it, and report what happens.

The idea is writing a "possible" menu.lst entry on a piece of paper, then enter EACH line, one by one, in Command Line mode and report what happens after EACH command.

http://diddy.boot-la...s/files/cli.htm
http://diddy.boot-la...iles/basics.htm

Additionally, please do READ the "whole" instead of the "part", the map --unhook is NOT needed in this case:
http://www.boot-land...?...=9391&st=19

You do not need a boot command inside a menu.lst (whilst you need it when using command line).

;)

jaclaz

#16 GeorgeIoak

GeorgeIoak
  • Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 29 October 2009 - 12:08 AM

Ah, I see you've blown my cover, yes I'm new at this!

I've gone back and done some additional reading as well as booting into the commandline and seeing the results of different commands.

It seems as though I can successfully start the linux kernel from either the iso image or from the extracted folder however once I get into the shell I haven't been able to access the flash disk at all. I see /dev/sda1-4 and /devsdb1 but issuing an ls command on any of those devices doesn't show any data.

What's a little odd to me is that I don't see any hd* devices for either what would have been mapped for the flash drive or the internal hd on the system I'm booting.

No matter what combination of parameters I try I always get to the point that the "cdrom cannot be found" and the "could not find the root block device".

I did try to change the kernel command so that cdroot was changed to cdroot=/dev/sda1 but that didn't change the outcome.

I starting thinking though that I wonder if I'm having trouble because the system I'm booting on does not have an actual CD drive? If it matters it's a netbook running win7.

I hope that you can help me debug how to fix this issue as I'm sure that going through this is going to really help me understand the whole multi-boot process even more.

Thanks, :confused1:
George

#17 GeorgeIoak

GeorgeIoak
  • Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 29 October 2009 - 12:18 AM

I forgot to mention that in my research I went into the Gentoo Forums and found an old post there about working with LiveCDs:

The 2006.0 LiveCD comes out, it comes with Gnome-2.12, finally we have a Knoppix-equivalent liveCD, now we can install Gentoo in a graphical environment! :confused1:
Grub entry for harddisk boot:
Code:
title=Gentoo-2006.0-livecd
root (hd0,4)
kernel /isolinux/gentoo root=/dev/ram0 init=/linuxrc looptype=squashfs loop=/image.squashfs cdroot=/dev/hda5 vga=791 splash=silent,theme:livecd-2006.0 CONSOLE=/dev/tty1 quiet
initrd /isolinux/gentoo.igz

The funny thing is you need that empty file 'livecd' for the init to treat /dev/hda5 to be a cd!

I do see a 0 byte file in the root of the Kaspersky ISO with a filename of livecd so I tried this trick by adding splash=silent,theme:livecd option to the kernel line but that didn't seem to help.

#18 was_jaclaz

was_jaclaz

Finder

• Advanced user
  • 7101 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 29 October 2009 - 11:53 AM

Mind you what I'm saying is just "overheard info" from the good "Linux guys", but from what I can understand the whole problem when a squashfs is used revolves around the:
cdroot=/dev/<something>
problem, from what I can get from Icecube, it is possible that besides that setting, something needs to be changed in some other files WITHIN the Linux source:
http://www.boot-land...?...=9354&st=12

More or less it's what I keep saying ;):
http://www.boot-land...?showtopic=8944

there is no problem within grub4dos but changes in the source may be needed.

Unless Icecube or some of the other Linux experts happen to "pass by", it is likely that you will get more "targeted" help in a dedicated Linux Forum, now that you know "which" questions you have to ask.

Knowing on which "base" distro thosis Kaspersky thingy is based might help. (i.e. it is possible that a solution/workaround is available for the "mother" distro or however you may ask the question on the "appropriate" Linux forum)

:confused1:

jaclaz

#19 xopher_mc

xopher_mc
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 16 December 2009 - 10:11 PM

I got it to work by adding a blank file with livecd in the root of the partition with files on.

#20 Jotnar

Jotnar

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 11:37 PM

It used to be gentoo based I think. I don't know if that's still true for the newer releases.

Cheers

#21 MrTry

MrTry
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 04 January 2010 - 10:56 PM

Hi everybody... sorry for my bad english.....
NTFS filesystem is the cause, you use fat or fat32 and kav rescue cd work properly on usb stick

#22 ALI KHAN

ALI KHAN
  • Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
    Pakistan

Posted 09 April 2010 - 10:14 PM

THANKS. But when kasperload sucessfully they display message database is corrupted i also create new ISO file and extract it agasin but the result is same?? plzzz solved this problum

#23 tsetya

tsetya

• Advanced user
  • 52 posts
  •  
    Indonesia

Posted 10 April 2010 - 09:48 AM

for newer version kaspersky rescue disk, you don't need to extract the iso file.
read instruction here : http://www.boot-land...?...50&start=50

#24 tefole

tefole

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 18 April 2010 - 08:34 PM

1. Create empty file liveusb in root USB drive
2. Download kav*.iso and rename to rescue.iso http://devbuilds.kas...s/RescueDisk10/
3. Create folder "rescue" and put "rescue.iso" into it.

title KAV 2010 Rescue.iso

map /rescue/rescue.iso &#40;0xff&#41; || map --mem /rescue/rescue.iso &#40;0xff&#41;

map --hook

root &#40;0xff&#41;

chainloader &#40;0xff&#41;

Hi,
i do not understand the context in this instructions. We are mapping the iso into 0xff. So, it should make no difference, where u locate the kaspersky.iso, what name it have or if there is a empty file on the usb root or not.
Is there an explanation for this? Anyway, i was not able to map and boot the ISO, without extraction.

#25 shamurshamur

shamurshamur

Frequent Member

• Developer
  • 322 posts
  •  
    India

Posted 19 April 2010 - 05:39 AM

i do not understand the context in this instructions. We are mapping the iso into 0xff. So, it should make no difference, where u locate the kaspersky.iso, what name it have or if there is a empty file on the usb root or not.

Renaming the file to "rescue.iso" and keeping it inside the "rescue" folder is necessary.
Creating a blank file with name "liveusb" (with no extension) is necessary.

By mapping iso file to (0xff) , you can boot only kernel(rescue) and initrd(rescue.igz) file only , rest of the files cannot be accessed by linux kernel.

By default kaspersky looks for an iso file with name "rescue.iso" inside the "rescue" folder on the drive which have "liveusb" file on it.

And use the latest version of kaspersky. older version don't work by this method.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users