• .script developer
  • 192 posts
  •  
    Romania

Posted 24 July 2006 - 08:42 AM

I have modified the explorer script.
It can be shut down and restarted now.
And it works on Windows 2003 !!!

And I have also modified the hives script, so that all Portugese past should be... a thing of the past (hovering over the clock, you will get a date written in English)

And I have also modified the copyandexpand script, so that unpacking Win2003 WinSxS files will be done with "overwrite all" option

I have made no modifications to the ramdisk script, but am attaching it just in case...

Please download, test, and post any problems here

Ove

#2 Yorn

Yorn

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 178 posts

Posted 24 July 2006 - 01:08 PM

I guess I haven't been following this that closely? Is this designed to be used with th NanoXP script? It looks pretty cool from Nuno's screenshot, I was just wondering.

#3 Nuno Brito

Nuno Brito

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 10,202 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 24 July 2006 - 02:13 PM

Ove has done a very good piece of work here, these scripts are meant to run on the standard project, outputting a 50Mb ISO with a very nice looking explorer shell.

If you use windows 2003, the ISO size will be slightly bigger - but you will be able to use the ramBoot feature.. :P

It would be nice to have this on nanoxp as well, but perhaps the best solution is to adopt some of the compression techniques found there and use them on the standard project - I'll work on that later..

Special Remark: I figured why those two error messages kept showing on the previous explorer versions - they were caused because the ramdisk was not created, there was just not enough emulated memory to create a 32Mb ramdrive.

Increasing the memory to around 186Mb should be fine
- remember that you're loading a 50Mb RAMboot ISO, a 32Mb ramdrive, an explorer shell and a whole lot of UPX'ed files, not to mention enough RAM for windows to work.. This is a memory resource eater, but will work just great on newer hardware with more than 256 Mb RAM.

After increasing the emulated memory things went just smooth.. :P

#4 TheHive

TheHive

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 3,813 posts

Posted 25 July 2006 - 10:21 AM

Just tried it with the working updated Build-2-ProjectInfo.Script from psc and It works ok after including all the files you have attached and disabling the Standard Script to include the Xoblite Shell.

Can you include a New Project for this Standard with Explorer shell.

Why does it show the Windows XP buils on the Desktop. Can you fix it and to not show that.

No errors on first run.

Posted Image
Scripts that where selected. This is with the updated Link for the Build-2-ProjectInfo.Script by psc. I could not get it to work before.

#5 TheHive

TheHive

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 3,813 posts

Posted 25 July 2006 - 10:33 AM

Posted Image
Windows XP Explorer Shell Desktop.

Posted Image
Control Panel

Posted Image
Start - Run - CMD
Command Prompt

Very impressive.

#6 Ove

Ove

.script developer

• .script developer
  • 192 posts
  •  
    Romania

Posted 30 July 2006 - 03:54 PM

I have modified the ramdisk script.
You can now choose its size and drive letter.
You can choose a 1MB RAMDrive, that would make Explorer work on a PC with 96MB of RAM, using Windows 2003 and RAMBoot

Try it out and see how it works

#7 Ove

Ove

.script developer

• .script developer
  • 192 posts
  •  
    Romania

Posted 02 August 2006 - 02:09 PM

I have made further modifications to the scripts.
I will make a new topic in the development section.
Check them out