Posted 28 April 2009 - 07:22 AM
Posted 28 April 2009 - 11:41 AM
A detailed consolidation of all changes can be found in the changelog. A sum up of some of the more important changes is as follows:
* Reduced minimum memory requirement to 32Mb. In theory ReactOS can now be installed with 24Mb and run with only 20Mb
* A new, faster Hyperspace Mapping Interface has been implemented in the kernel resulting in a speed improvement of over 300%
* Security check improvements to the Object Manager in the kernel improves performance by 500%. Noticeable during large file/registry operations
* Various NDIS and AFD problems have been solved which increase compatibility with 3rd party NIC drivers and hardening of the network stack
* Preliminary support for sound via the new Kernel Streaming service. It's now possible to use the ac97 driver via our new Port Class library to play sound bytes using winamp
* A great deal of work has been put into the command prompt to make it much more compatible. It's now able to run very complex scripts, including our own Build Environment
* Many bugfixes to the kernel mode portion of the GDI resulting in much improved drawing engine across all bit depths
* Synchronization of most of the Wine usermode DLLs
Former versions were too buggy for running most software, I wonder how this newer release will behave.
Thank you for keeping us updated TheHive.
Posted 29 April 2009 - 09:12 AM
Once you get more games working then you're bound to see more people using it.
If reactOS was a slick and mean gaming machine, it's popularity would rise at rocket speed!
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users