#1 maanu

maanu

Gold Member

• Advanced user
  • 1134 posts
  •  
    Pakistan

Posted 26 April 2009 - 09:01 PM

hi ,i know i have another topic here about migrating . but this is completely different problem im having here ,,

i need to make a AS MINIMAL as possible live xp image with cab compressed option . i copied xp sp2 source to my hdd , then i did not click on any script involving any app except driver import pe .
in the end , it gives 45 errors . i forgot to say ,i have also included mass storage driver packs script..

im attaching the log here , kindly see it .

and i will be also needing guidance in making it as minimal as possible.,.

Attached Files

• Attached File  log.7z   71.31KB   339 downloads

#2 amalux

amalux

Platinum Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 2813 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 26 April 2009 - 09:17 PM

hi ,i know i have another topic here about migrating . but this is completely different problem im having here ,,

i need to make a AS MINIMAL as possible live xp image with cab compressed option . i copied xp sp2 source to my hdd , then i did not click on any script involving any app except driver import pe .
in the end , it gives 45 errors . i forgot to say ,i have also included mass storage driver packs script..

im attaching the log here , kindly see it .

and i will be also needing guidance in making it as minimal as possible.,.

Seems to be a source issue, XP3? nLited? You need to make sure those missing files are in your source folder; XP2 should have most of them. I really believe using portable apps in LiveXP is the key to keeping builds lite but fully functional. See here under 'Adding Portable Apps... '

#3 maanu

maanu

Gold Member

• Advanced user
  • 1134 posts
  •  
    Pakistan

Posted 26 April 2009 - 09:51 PM

it is xp sp2 untouched . well anyways i have deleted the whole folder and are now trying to make fresh one after downloading the fresh package .

thanks for the reply though .

#4 amalux

amalux

Platinum Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 2813 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 26 April 2009 - 10:30 PM

it is xp sp2 untouched . well anyways i have deleted the whole folder and are now trying to make fresh one after downloading the fresh package .

thanks for the reply though .

Those files are available in my SP2, maybe a language thing? I'd be curious if you had the same issue running one of my builds (in the tutorial) with an SP2 source, I don't have any issue with my EN source and, yes, DriverImportPE is included. We are talking retail, not OEM, right?

#5 maanu

maanu

Gold Member

• Advanced user
  • 1134 posts
  •  
    Pakistan

Posted 26 April 2009 - 10:44 PM

Those files are available in my SP2, maybe a language thing? I'd be curious if you had the same issue running one of my builds (in the tutorial) with an SP2 source, I don't have any issue with my EN source and, yes, DriverImportPE is included. We are talking retail, not OEM, right?

yeah mate , im aware of oem issue . im using a retail source. it seems the problem is solve now ,. but im not really sure now . will report later today . now off to bed.

thanks again for taking interest .

#6 maanu

maanu

Gold Member

• Advanced user
  • 1134 posts
  •  
    Pakistan

Posted 28 April 2009 - 10:34 AM

just a quick question ,

adding mass storage packs to the build ,adds 9.53 MB to the build , is it possible to use a N-lited xp sp3 / sp2 source (integrated mass storage packs already ,and it wont add any 9.53 MB to the build ?

thanks,,

#7 MedEvil

MedEvil

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 7771 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 10:56 AM

If you'll add the same files, they will of course have the same size.

:)

#8 maanu

maanu

Gold Member

• Advanced user
  • 1134 posts
  •  
    Pakistan

Posted 28 April 2009 - 11:58 AM

If you'll add the same files, they will of course have the same size.

:)

ahh okk . i thought when we n-nlite xp sp3 with only mass storage packs , it wont add any size to the image , and is text based drivers./.. guess not :)

#9 maanu

maanu

Gold Member

• Advanced user
  • 1134 posts
  •  
    Pakistan

Posted 19 June 2009 - 10:38 PM

i was going to create a new topic for the following problem ,but google just showed me back my own when i searched for the current problem ;) ..

well , i have just made a small cmd based pe using winbuilder 076.. , i used server 2k3 SP2 as source . pe is loading just fine from cd , as well as from my flash ( by renaming i386 to Minint ) .

ok now lets come to the problem , i want to load it as a CAB compressed image , i have cab compressed it and now i have LiveXP.is_ (which is almost half the size of original iso ) . now i made a winnt.sif on root of USB as following

[SetupData]

BootDevice="ramdisk(0)"

BootPath="\I386\system32\"

OsLoadOptions="/minint /fastdetect /rdexportascd /rdpath=LiveXP.is_"

then chainloaded setupldr.bin via G4D ,

but at the very beginning it gives me error about missing or corrupt txtsetup file .

can anyone kindly point me in the right direction coz im 100% sure that i have mixed up something , actually it is my mistake ,im in front of my pc since 8 hours non stop and was doing some USB testing stuff mainly playing with bean's toy , after that i started all this mess .

i just need some points ( and to find my mistakes ) so that when i wake up (its 4:40 AM here ;) ) i can start the whole process from scratch .

i ll be very thankful ...

#10 Lancelot

Lancelot

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 5013 posts
  • Interests:*Mechanical stuff and Physics,
    *LiveXP, BartPE, SherpyaXPE,
    *Basketball and Looong Walking,
    *Buying outwear for my girlf (Reason: Girls are stupid about buying bad stuff to make themselves uglier :))
    *Girls (Lyric: Girl,...., You will be a womann, Soon)
    *Answering questions for "Meaning of life",
    *Helping people,

Kung with LiveXP, Fu with Peter :)
  •  
    Turkey

Posted 20 June 2009 - 09:03 AM

Hi maanu,

please follow the instruction, it will probably solve your problem in 5 min:
1) On "Create ISO" script enable "Add Win2k3sp1 setupldr.bin and ramdisk.sys" (provide files....) (you can use xp & 2k3 as source for your build)
2) Big Blue Button, make the build
3a) After build finishes, On "Create ISO" script enable "CAB image" at the bottom
3b) Click "Create xx_ISO.ISO (iso in iso)" button
4) Click "Open ISO Dir" button

Next is mainly 2 (or maybe more) ways, I advice following easiest way:
Copy LiveXP_ISO.iso file to ufd,
Use grub4dos hd32 mapping (direct**) for LiveXP, described at post 23

I hope to hit 5 minute guess ;)
Good Luck, CU

#11 was_jaclaz

was_jaclaz

Finder

• Advanced user
  • 7100 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 20 June 2009 - 01:06 PM

SP2 might be the problem:
http://www.boot-land...?showtopic=4952

As well, "mixed case"name of the image may be part of it, try ALL CAPITALS
Check this, where you might find some useful info :
http://www.911cd.net...showtopic=19737

jaclaz

#12 maanu

maanu

Gold Member

• Advanced user
  • 1134 posts
  •  
    Pakistan

Posted 20 June 2009 - 06:41 PM

well , i guess i just needed some sleep, i slept like 4 hours and after awaking up , i grabbed server 2k3 sp1 ,. coz i was not sure about the MANY setupldr and ramdisk.sys files i had already .

so added that ramdisk.sys line to the txtsetup , then cab compressed it , then i made winnt.sif at root and called that cab image.. and it worked flawlessly .

@ lancelot

i guess i did not make myself clear , i knew about load .iso image from G4D but i was just messing with cab compressed images ..

thanks to both of u , the matter is solved ;)

#13 Lancelot

Lancelot

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 5013 posts
    *Buying outwear for my girlf (Reason: Girls are stupid about buying bad stuff to make themselves uglier :))
    *Helping people,

•  
    Turkey

Posted 20 June 2009 - 06:55 PM

@ lancelot

i guess i did not make myself clear , i knew about load .iso image from G4D but i was just messing with cab compressed images ..

3a) After build finishes, On "Create ISO" script enable "CAB image" at the bottom
3b) Click "Create xx_ISO.ISO (iso in iso)" button

please follow the instruction, it will probably solve your problem in 5 min:

Good night

#14 maanu

maanu

Gold Member

• Advanced user
  • 1134 posts
  •  
    Pakistan

Posted 20 June 2009 - 09:30 PM

there is size difference which i noticed in bootsdi.img and cab compressing live xp iso MANUALLY . thats what i was trying to say actually . but anyhow thanks for the response... ;)

#15 Lancelot

Lancelot

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 5013 posts
    *Helping people,

•  
    Turkey

Posted 20 June 2009 - 09:56 PM

there is size difference which i noticed in bootsdi.img and cab compressing live xp iso MANUALLY . thats what i was trying to say actually .

No you didnt, no word in your post about bootsdi. Cab compressed bootsdi size and cab compressed iso size are ~~equal. But it seems to me i can not help you since you do not follow instructions.

At least now you know these options are all available with both on LiveXP CreateISO and LiveXP BootSDI. Besides there are others too, have fun on trying them ;) It is really exciting making 1st test drive with them.

CU

#16 maanu

maanu

Gold Member

• Advanced user
  • 1134 posts
  •  
    Pakistan

Posted 21 June 2009 - 07:37 AM

well i guess there is sort of mis understanding . i meant to post what i just said . i already knew about iso loading as well as boot sdi script . problem came when i was trying to load a cab compressed simple iso . thats what i sorted b4 u both replied here ..
i just needed the proper files .

i even matched the MD5 of them (setupldr.bin and ramdisk.sys) with an old post of ur's..and made sure that those are same b4 i continue,,

#17 Lancelot

Lancelot

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 5013 posts
    *Helping people,

•  
    Turkey

Posted 21 June 2009 - 07:47 AM

@maanu

Maybe things get a bit mixed,.... . In the end you learned both scripted and manual methods, both ways to same place. I like happy endings. CU ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users