#626 goldencomet

goldencomet
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
    Brazil

Posted 24 November 2012 - 12:10 PM

Hi, friends.

I'm trying to make a bootable pendrive with HBCD ( 15.2 ) + Debian - Live ( 6.0.6 ) + Cent-OS - Live ( 6.3 ), and after many searching and trying I don't get it. I tried many ways and don't achieved to make minixp or mini7 in HBCD boot in any way.

Can someone help me ?

Very grateful for the attention.

#627 steve6375

steve6375

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 4,995 posts
  • Interests:computers (!), programming (masm,vb6,C,vbs), OSes, photography,TV,films,guitars
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 24 November 2012 - 12:20 PM

Did you try the tutorials on my site (see link below in my sig)?

#628 steve6375

steve6375

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 4,995 posts
  • Interests:computers (!), programming (masm,vb6,C,vbs), OSes, photography,TV,films,guitars
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 04 December 2012 - 07:12 PM

v2.1.652 Beta now available - some small changes/bug fixes only.
  • Nuno Brito likes this

#629 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 10,126 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 07 December 2012 - 12:03 PM

We don't have a smiley for "ducking quickly", do we? :dubbio:

I'll ask my usual .gif supplier if he can make one...

Here it is, in all it's beauty :smiling9::
Posted Image

:cheers:

Wonko

with many, many thanks to the animated GIF creator, who is an international man of mystery that prefers to remain anonymous.. :worship:

#630 steve6375

steve6375

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 4,995 posts
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 07 December 2012 - 12:16 PM

Cool - how about a gif depicting the Christmas Story (Star in East, wise men, Bethlehem, stable, JC, gifts, etc.?)

Posted Image

#631 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 10,126 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 07 December 2012 - 12:45 PM

Cool - how about a gif depicting the Christmas Story (Star in East, wise men, Bethlehem, stable, JC, gifts, etc.?)

Posted Image

Why not revamping the GFXboot Christmas theme ? (you know like an RMPREPUSB Christmas Edition)

http://reboot.pro/topic/15689-

Wonko

#632 Nuno Brito

Nuno Brito

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 10,122 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 08 December 2012 - 11:47 AM

Hmm.. this topic is getting close to half-million page views. We need to celebrate this when it happens.

Also, the emoticon was added to the library as "jaclaz". You can just look on the emoticon list for :jaclaz:

#633 steve6375

steve6375

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 4,995 posts
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:01 PM

I have written a tutorial for a grub4dos batch file which will enumerate linux ISO files and then present a new menu which lists them all, the user can then select one and boot from it.

It uses the partnew method originally mentioned by cdob. This means that you should be able to boot almost any linux ISO file from a grub4dos multiboot drive, just by copying it to the boot drive (i.e. no need to add a grub4dos menu entry each time or try to work out the special cheat codes).

I have not tested this on a wide variety of linux iso's yet, but the 6 or so I have tested have all worked so far...

#634 Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane

The Finder

• Advanced user
  • 10,126 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:24 PM

It uses the partnew method originally mentioned by cdob.

And that you missed originally/overlooked for a lot of time till someone casually made you aware of it :whistling: additionally convincing you to put a "safety check" ;).

The correct  link to cdob's post is however here:

http://reboot.pro/to...ge-2#entry88531

Wonko

#635 steve6375

steve6375

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 4,995 posts
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:26 PM

And that you missed originally/overlooked for a lot of time till someone casually made you aware of it :whistling: additionally convincing you to put a "safety check" ;).

The correct  link to cdob's post is however here:

http://reboot.pro/to...ge-2#entry88531

Wonko

1. True

2. fixed - thanks!  :good:

#636 doveman

doveman

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 400 posts
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 20 December 2012 - 08:52 PM

I have written a tutorial for a grub4dos batch file which will enumerate linux ISO files and then present a new menu which lists them all, the user can then select one and boot from it.

It uses the partnew method originally mentioned by cdob. This means that you should be able to boot almost any linux ISO file from a grub4dos multiboot drive, just by copying it to the boot drive (i.e. no need to add a grub4dos menu entry each time or try to work out the special cheat codes).

I have not tested this on a wide variety of linux iso's yet, but the 6 or so I have tested have all worked so far...

This sounds great and will save me the endless hours I've wasted trying to get Linux ISOs booting with grub4dos.

However, I stumbled at the first step as the AutoLinux zip contains two folders grub\ and _ISO\ yet the tutorial refers to boot\ so you need to correct that.

#637 steve6375

steve6375

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 4,995 posts
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 20 December 2012 - 09:10 PM

This sounds great and will save me the endless hours I've wasted trying to get Linux ISOs booting with grub4dos.

However, I stumbled at the first step as the AutoLinux zip contains two folders grub\ and _ISO\ yet the tutorial refers to boot\ so you need to correct that.

Sorry, it was a mistake in the file list in the article text, the menu and download are correct and it should all work. cheers. :cheers:

#638 doveman

doveman

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 400 posts
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 20 December 2012 - 09:13 PM

Sorry, it was a mistake in the file list in the article text, the menu and download are correct and it should all work. cheers. :cheers:

Cool, thanks. Looking forward to trying it out. I'll let you know the results when I have :)

#639 steve6375

steve6375

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 4,995 posts
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 30 December 2012 - 03:43 PM

New version 2.1.654 released today. Minor changes are:

2.1.650 Function to select any one of four primary partitions on a USB Flash drive to be the visible one under Windows.
2.1.651 Added QEMU boot direct from ISO and QEMU boot direct from HDD image options to File menu.
2.1.652 Can now install std mbr to non-USB drive (bugfix) + install grub4dos button tries floppy install if hdd install fails, new RMPartUSB.exe with Drive Info FAT16 BPB bugfix. new grub4dos version.
2.1.653 Prevent QEMU from trying to use more than 1160MB of virtual memory, fix minor WinContig bug (did not show drive letter in confirmation prompt)
2.1.654 30-12-2012 RELEASED WinContig (Shift+F2) function added so the user can just run WinContig on any drive manually. Updated grub4dos version included.

#640 hellbraker

hellbraker

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
    Ireland

Posted 12 March 2013 - 07:31 PM

Hi Steve!  I'm using the  659 version and I have a question to ask.

Im using a Hard Drive from a laptop as my USB Drive (connected via USB). Its of 70 Gigs and has 3 Partitions as follows:

1) Partition I:  with 15 Gigs free (is empty)

2) Partition J: with 100 Mb  free (is empty)

3) Partition K: with 34 Gigs free ( about 27 Gigs used)

Im just trying to Install Windows 7 on the I: partition however when PrepUSB starts it shows the whole USB Drive (with all the 70 Gigs) with a label of  I:   

Is this how its supposed to be? Will it use the whole Drive or just  the I: partition on it? Im totally new to PrepUSB so please bear me if im being a dork :P

Here are two screenshots:

Windows Explorer:

drives.jpg

PreUSB:

drive2.jpg

Thank You

Edited by hellbraker, 12 March 2013 - 08:11 PM.

#641 steve6375

steve6375

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 4,995 posts
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 12 March 2013 - 07:48 PM

RMPrepUSB works on the whole drive - e.g. partitions and formats the whole drive.

The volume letter shown is usually the first volume only (I suppose I could show all drive letters but it might not fit in the drive list.!)

What operation did you want to do on it using RMPrepUSB?

cheers
Steve

#642 hellbraker

hellbraker

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
    Ireland

Posted 13 March 2013 - 03:17 AM

I just wanted to try installing Windows Seven only to the I: partition.  Hmm..so it will format the whole drive eh? That means losing data on the  K partition.. Well thanks..

#643 steve6375

steve6375

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 4,995 posts
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 13 March 2013 - 09:23 AM

Do you mean install Win7 to the USB drive or add the Windows 7 installer DVD to the USB drive?

For Win7ToGo see Tutorial 47

To add the install DVD see Tut 43 - you don't need to format it with RMPrepUSB - just add grub4dos to the MBR and the menu.lst file and the ISO + download files.

#644 hellbraker

hellbraker

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
    Ireland

Posted 13 March 2013 - 11:18 AM

What I meant was to Install to the USB Hard Drive and not from.

In that case i think I need to format the whole drive ( all 70 Gb of it !!)...isnt it?

Thanks

Edited by hellbraker, 13 March 2013 - 11:23 AM.

#645 captain-midnight

captain-midnight

• Members
  • 26 posts
  • Interests:Tinkering and tweaking, everything and anything in a voyage of life long discovery.
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 22 March 2013 - 08:48 PM

This is a great little utility that I've been using for a while, but don't understand why my screen menu looks strange with oversized fonts in some of the menu areas?

Here's a picture that hopefully explains what I mean - I understand the window is not resizable but don't understand the variable text sizes being 'too big' for the fixed areas? Sorry if this has been pointd out by others - still scanning previous forum pages..............

Running on Win7Pro, screen 1920x1080, scaling 100% and 9 point Segoe UI at 96 pixels per inch - any thoughts?

screenshot1.jpg

Edited by captain-midnight, 22 March 2013 - 08:49 PM.

#646 steve6375

steve6375

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 4,995 posts
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 22 March 2013 - 09:09 PM

That's weird! No one else has complained. Can you check the .\LANG\English.ini file (press F3) - you will see that the font and size are defined in the INI file. Try changing the font in the ini file and then click on English again to reload the ini file.

Are other languages the same??

#647 captain-midnight

captain-midnight

• Members
  • 26 posts
  • Interests:Tinkering and tweaking, everything and anything in a voyage of life long discovery.
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 22 March 2013 - 09:30 PM

OK, tried to change from MS Sans Serif etc to something else, but skewed text areas (i.e. 3 and 4) don't change - what I'm trying to say is all 'language changeable' areas change font size / language etc dependant upon what I configure / langauge selected, but not the problem area that I'm assuming (dangerous I know) is not changed and independant (fixed) no matter what the language?

So yes, any language selected displays the same (3+4) skewed text areas - I'm sure I've used your utility before and it was perfectly OK. Will need to try another vesion I may still have on my desktop to see if that displays correctly (both laptop and desktop use the same screen resolution)....

.. by the way, thanks for the quick reply!

Edited by captain-midnight, 22 March 2013 - 09:31 PM.

#648 steve6375

steve6375

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 4,995 posts
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 22 March 2013 - 09:50 PM

So even Chinese fonts come out as Chinese but the non-button text is the wrong size?

#649 steve6375

steve6375

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 4,995 posts
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 22 March 2013 - 10:05 PM

The text that is too large is standard vb6 font  MS Sans Serif 8pt regular and is not changed (or shouldn't be) by RMPrepUSB. Are all others apps OK? What about  v1.9.75

#650 captain-midnight

captain-midnight

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 22 March 2013 - 10:06 PM

Eh, YES - the non button font/text areas of 3 and 4 are not language / font / size adjusted.

That seems to surprise you? I'm now surprised by your surprise :confused1: that would suggest it's not just a simple config issue then?

Work day for me tomorrow got to go now, will pick up again after I get back in tomorrow night, hopefully with more info re: desktop / laptop display experience.

Edited by captain-midnight, 22 March 2013 - 10:10 PM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users