#1 Galapo

Galapo

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 3841 posts
  •  
    Australia

Posted 28 March 2009 - 04:51 AM

A work situation has arisen requiring my family to move house -- no small thing since the move is over 1,000kms interstate and only 9 days away. We found out yesterday, so not much time to organise and plan.

The pack and transition means that I have no idea what life will be like shortly and how much time I can devote to the LiveXP project which I enjoy. I'm sorry about this, but life is like that. And certainly with my life, where there isn't really too much planning that goes on and where decisions are made quickly anything can happen.

Maybe there are others who would would like to contribute to the project maintaining scripts and keeping pace with nativeEx functionality?

Anyway, hope to see you still around the forums, though with less frequency than before I guess.

Regards,
Galapo.

#2 Nuno Brito

Nuno Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10549 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 28 March 2009 - 12:41 PM

Family first.

Good luck with the moving, I know it's not easy as within a few months I'll be doing a similar shift back to my homeland and I'm already worried about all the things that need to be moved.

I'll surely miss your posts, please do visit us once in a while even if it's just to say "Hi".

Otherwise if you stay out of contact for a long time, I'll talk with Lancelot to organize a "Galapo Search and Rescue" team but you know that getting to Australia might take us a good while.. ^_^

Take care!
:good:

#3 sanbarrow

sanbarrow

Silver Member

• Developer
  • 788 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 01:15 PM

Nuno - we can probably send Frodos squirrel army to search for him if he ever gets lost ;-)

Good luck to you Galapo :good:

Ulli

#4 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  • Interests:What somebody else cannot do.
  •  
    European Union

Posted 28 March 2009 - 04:26 PM

Good luck, Galapo.

Maybe you give us the google earth coordinates of your new home.

So we can watch you, even if you do not have connection to the forum :good:

Peter

#5 amalux

amalux

Platinum Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 2813 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 28 March 2009 - 04:59 PM

Life has its ways of keeping things interesting... it won't be the same without you here (as much) but letting go is part of life too. Good luck with the move and hope everything works out for the best; I know you'll find success in anything you do.

Take good care my friend :good:

#6 allanf

allanf

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1256 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 04:01 AM

Anyway, hope to see you still around the forums, though with less frequency than before I guess.

I would be a bit lonely in these longitudes without you.

Regards

#7 TheHive

TheHive

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 4171 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 08:11 AM

I hope things become stable and you are able to make it back to bootland. :good:

#8 billonious

billonious

Silver Member

• .script developer
  • 528 posts
  • Interests:curiosity

Posted 30 March 2009 - 08:12 PM

galapo is the 2nd well-known member who moves after Lancelot (fortunatelly, the latest can still visit us and catch bugs :good: even if he lacks of fast pc ) and I hope to be wrong but he won't be the last.

anyway, have a hopeful start in your new place , and listen to some good music

#9 dera

dera

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1335 posts
  •  
    Hungary

Posted 31 March 2009 - 05:31 AM

Good luck Galapo

#10 Galapo

Galapo

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 3841 posts
  •  
    Australia

Posted 23 April 2009 - 11:55 PM

Well, I'm back to say a quick hi.

Moving went well overall, although it's such a big thing to move so far. Our phone should have been connected on 9 April, but was only connected yesterday. This means that an internet connection order may only be placed now since I now know the new number. But it's 10 working days or so before it will be connected.

The town we moved to currently has a mice plague -- we caught 4 mice in our house the day we moved in, much to the distress of my wife! Our nearly-four-year-old son loves being closer to his grandparents and visiting their farm.

But my new work will be all-consuming since I'm employed six days a week. The little time off is spent with family, so unfortunately I can't fit LiveXP development back in at the moment, much to my regret. I guess maybe I'll have some holidays at some stage where I can do something, but then there's also a new OfflineSysPrep version to work on...

Hope everyone is well!

Regards,
Galapo.

#11 Lancelot

Lancelot

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 5013 posts
  • Interests:*Mechanical stuff and Physics,
    *LiveXP, BartPE, SherpyaXPE,
    *Basketball and Looong Walking,
    *Buying outwear for my girlf (Reason: Girls are stupid about buying bad stuff to make themselves uglier :))
    *Girls (Lyric: Girl,...., You will be a womann, Soon)
    *Answering questions for "Meaning of life",
    *Helping people,

Kung with LiveXP, Fu with Peter :)
  •  
    Turkey

Posted 24 April 2009 - 12:07 AM

Nice to hear/read news from you Galapo

:) and maybe you cant believe, i moved too (new home, new phone, new connection). Not having a child or wife (or a decent job) makes lots of free time :).

Hope everyone is well!

Kung with peter psc, Fu on boot-land. Usual Kung-Fu around :)

#12 Galapo

Galapo

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 3841 posts
  •  
    Australia

Posted 24 April 2009 - 12:16 AM

Kung with peter psc, Fu on boot-land. Usual Kung-Fu around :)

Thanks, that got a laugh from me. I like boot-land and wish I could be around more.

Regards,
Galapo.

#13 TheHive

TheHive

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 4171 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 04:02 AM

I think youre Computer is going to get jelouse at all those mice around the place.

Come and drop by once things settle down more.

#14 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  • Interests:What somebody else cannot do.
  •  
    European Union

Posted 24 April 2009 - 08:03 AM

Nice to hear that you are well! :)

Peter

#15 was_jaclaz

was_jaclaz

Finder

• Advanced user
  • 7100 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 24 April 2009 - 08:58 AM

The town we moved to currently has a mice plague -- we caught 4 mice in our house the day we moved in, much to the distress of my wife!

There are ways....

....some:
Posted Image

are however better than others:
Posted Image

:)

jaclaz

#16 Nuno Brito

Nuno Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10549 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 24 April 2009 - 09:07 AM

The first rented house where I settled here in the Azores also had a few unwelcome mice that the owner "forgot" mentioning before the rental agreement.. :)

I ended up developing some traps after getting tired of futile chases with a brum.

The one type of trap which worked best was placing small strips of paper at the door entrances (forming a line) with a strong mouse glue on top of them.

Not a very pretty sight to see the poor roedent trying to escape but it was the only way to keep our house clean.

---------------------------

Glad that things are going back to a "normal" state, working 6 days per week is certainly a lot of time to be busy (for latin standards of work hours) but it's still nice to hear some news from you.

Take your time and don't worry so much about working online, there will be time for that sooner or later. At this moment what matters is that you enjoy some quality time with your family.

:)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users