#1 orions

orions

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
    Vietnam

Posted 16 March 2009 - 03:32 AM

Heya all ...

I see a lot of talk and tutorials for hacking U3 and USB booting and problems with Real/Portected mode for XP install and other methods of booting for whatever people need ... I do have a my own USB stick which has several bootable systems on it that I am real happy with, mostly liveCD stuff ... I recently got a ClickFree Backup Drive ... This device has a virtual cd-rom that is readable as USB-CDROM at BIOS Level. There is update program nothing at all similar to U3 though, but at least I know contents can be changed somehow ... On closer looking with disk editors and linux it appears the CD-Device is 200mb ISO with 19.5mb being used for the backup software ... Then there is also the USB storage device that goes with it about 120gb ... I was just wondering if anybody here had at least looked into it out of interest for modifying its boot code or ways to replace their ISO with a custom ISO. It looks like it could be a very intresting device espically if it was a modifible as U3 platform.

Any discussion or info is much welcomed.

Charlie

#2 was_jaclaz

was_jaclaz

Finder

• Advanced user
  • 7100 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 16 March 2009 - 08:06 AM

NOT much a problem (I mean changing the .iso), IF you are able to find the appropriate "Manufacturer Tool".

These are VERY specific softwares that access the USB thingie firmware and change it's settings.

You need to identify properly your device controller, with this:
http://www.boot-land...?...c=4661&st=0

And then the game can start. :good:

You will need some patience and possibly an extensive use of Google translation services.

Try here first thing:
http://flashboot.ru/...php?name=iflash

jaclaz

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users