2k3 R2 problem as well, crash

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 gerominto

gerominto

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 06 December 2006 - 09:35 AM

i build standard project from fresh reatil version of Windows 2003 R2 downloaded from Microsoft's site. I extract two isos into one folder and then make a build from this source.

after booting [as well as booting from qemu or starting my pc with a burnt cd] it boots, loads a blue windows desktop, a pointer and reboots aftera a minute or two, without any notice or error

and here is my log:

LOG FILE

i use: WB 053 beta 5 and scripts from beta kit, source iso is WINDOWS 2003 Server Enterprise R2 (580+122: 2CD's from MS website)

i tried same source with WB 052 stable
and here is the log:

LOG FILE 2, happens the same as above, boots, loads desktop and reboots
without notice or error

#2 Nuno Brito

Nuno Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10547 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 06 December 2006 - 10:22 AM

Now it copies all needed files, but there should still be a problem with one of the scripts you're using.

You can either disable most and leave only explorer, or download a fresh winbuilder 052 and then retry creating a project with the new 2003 source.

Hope this helps to understand wich script is giving issues, good luck! :P

#3 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  • Interests:What somebody else cannot do.
  •  
    European Union

Posted 06 December 2006 - 11:18 AM

i build standard project from fresh reatil version of Windows 2003 R2 downloaded from Microsoft's site. I extract two isos into one folder and then make a build from this source.

after booting [as well as booting from qemu or starting my pc with a burnt cd] it boots, loads a blue windows desktop, a pointer and reboots aftera a minute or two, without any notice or error

and here is my log:

LOG FILE

i use: WB 053 beta 5 and scripts from beta kit, source iso is WINDOWS 2003 Server Enterprise R2 (580+122: 2CD's from MS website)

i tried same source with WB 052 stable
and here is the log:

LOG FILE 2, happens the same as above, boots, loads desktop and reboots
without notice or error

I run exactly the same project which is described by your first log (source W2003 R2 English)
My ISO runs well.
I compared the logs after replacing your and mine different source pathes by '#Source#'.
Besides time stamps and execute times the logs are nearly identical - with one exception:
My ISO size is 59,73 MB, while yours is 51,11 MB.
That's a difference I cannot explain from the logs.
Please post a directory list of the target.
If you do not know (some people are not so familar with 'DOS'):
In a cmd window change to your target directory.
Then execute:
dir /s > mydir.txt
The file mydir.txt is the list I need.

Peter

#4 gerominto

gerominto

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 06 December 2006 - 11:37 AM

I run exactly the same project which is described by your first log (source W2003 R2 English)
My ISO runs well.
I compared the logs after replacing your and mine different source pathes by '#Source#'.
Besides time stamps and execute times the logs are nearly identical - with one exception:
My ISO size is 59,73 MB, while yours is 51,11 MB.
That's a difference I cannot explain from the logs.
Please post a directory list of the target.
If you do not know (some people are not so familar with 'DOS'):
In a cmd window change to your target directory.
Then execute:
dir /s > mydir.txt
The file mydir.txt is the list I need.

Peter

here it is:

Target DIR

nuno:
i ahve downloaded fresh winbuilder 052 and made a build with the source from ms's iso cds and the log for it is in the first post

#5 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 06 December 2006 - 11:48 AM

here it is:

Target DIR

nuno:
i ahve downloaded fresh winbuilder 052 and made a build with the source from ms's iso cds and the log for it is in the first post

Thanks for the fast reply.
Unfortunatelly it is the wrong one.
I need that one from the first log. (From BetaKit)

Peter

#6 gerominto

gerominto

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 06 December 2006 - 12:22 PM

Thanks for the fast reply.
Unfortunatelly it is the wrong one.
I need that one from the first log. (From BetaKit)

Peter

ok, check the file again, i have replaced it with the one you want

TAREGT (w2k3r2 wb053b5)

i have listed the files in the iso file, because wb053 has left the target directory empty

#7 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 06 December 2006 - 02:06 PM

ok, check the file again, i have replaced it with the one you want

TAREGT (w2k3r2 wb053b5)

i have listed the files in the iso file, because wb053 has left the target directory empty

You do not have the WinSxS files and you do not have the shortcuts built by ModelRam.

I assume that you use the BetaKit without the corresponding programs 7za.exe and 7zCon.sfx in \Tools.

To get them you have also to download the 'Basic Files'

Peter

#8 gerominto

gerominto

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 06 December 2006 - 02:49 PM

You do not have the WinSxS files and you do not have the shortcuts built by ModelRam.

I assume that you use the BetaKit without the corresponding programs 7za.exe and 7zCon.sfx in \Tools.

To get them you have also to download the 'Basic Files'

Peter

i have all the files from the above betakit package
i have also a folder named tools in main directory of winbuilder, and in it i find only 7z.exe, but not the two you have mentioned about, but with the standard 052 download there is also nothing like 7za.exe, could explain how to get and where to put those files?

when i build hojope form 053b5 winbuilder does not ask for 7za files and also log is clear of error, but when i boot same things happens as described above, but with one exception cmd shell pops and fades once before the reboot of a computer. the only thing i changed in original hojope build is exluding a script for replacing files with those from freedos.

#9 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 06 December 2006 - 03:11 PM

i have all the files from the above betakit package
i have also a folder named tools in main directory of winbuilder, and in it i find only 7z.exe, but not the two you have mentioned about, but with the standard 052 download there is also nothing like 7za.exe, could explain how to get and where to put those files?

when i build hojope form 053b5 winbuilder does not ask for 7za files and also log is clear of error, but when i boot same things happens as described above, but with one exception cmd shell pops and fades once before the reboot of a computer. the only thing i changed in original hojope build is exluding a script for replacing files with those from freedos.

Sorry! I gave you the wrong link :P

This one is correct

Peter

#10 gerominto

gerominto

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 06 December 2006 - 03:32 PM

Sorry! I gave you the wrong link :P

This one is correct

Peter

i downloaded this one now, build a system from fresh wibuilder, basic and betakit packages and still have the same error, could you look into my filelist again, because the winsxs stays empty, is it correct? if not, which files should be copied and why they are not, during the build process?

Attached Files

#11 Nuno Brito

Nuno Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10547 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 06 December 2006 - 03:35 PM

You can use 7za.exe from the 7zip package:
http://www.7-zip.org/

Or just download it here: Attached File  7za442.zip   301.94KB   255 downloads

:P

#12 gerominto

gerominto

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 06 December 2006 - 03:37 PM

You can use 7za.exe from the 7zip package:
http://www.7-zip.org/

Or just download it here: Attached File  7za442.zip   301.94KB   255 downloads

:P

'vgot it alreay from boot-land site from the link psc provided
here is also a parto fo the log about winsxs operations during the process:

Processing script: 6 - Process WinSxS files

File [%BaseDir%\Archive\Build\WinSxS.Script] Version [3]

Processing WinSxS files..
IniRead - Sucessfully read specified Inifile from: [%BaseDir%\Projects\Standard\ProjectInfo.ini] Section: [OS] Key: [Type] into variable: [%OS%] with value: [W2003] IF - [w2003] is not equal to [xp] evaluated string: [If,%OS%,Equal,XP,Run,%ScriptFile%,process-winxp] IF - [w2003] is equal to: [w2003] Processing section: [process-win2003] from file: [%BaseDir%\Archive\Build\WinSxS.Script] Shellexecute: [hide] using: [%BaseDir%\Tools\7za.exe] with parameters: [X -y -o"%BaseDir%\Projects\Standard\Target\i386\WinSxS" "G:\embe\5725iso0\I386\asms01.cab"] Run - Processed section [process-win2003] in file [%BaseDir%\Archive\Build\WinSxS.Script] Processing section: [Process-log] from file: [%BaseDir%\Archive\Build\ScriptLog.script] IniRead - Sucessfully read specified Inifile from: [%BaseDir%\Archive\Build\WinSxS.Script] Section: [Main] Key: [Title] into variable: [%Title%] with value: [6 - Process WinSxS files] IniDeleteKey - Deleted INI key in [%BaseDir%\Projects\Standard\ProjectInfo.ini] key: [6 - Process WinSxS files] IniRead - Sucessfully read specified Inifile from: [%BaseDir%\Archive\Build\WinSxS.Script] Section: [Main] Key: [Version] into variable: [%version%] with value: [003] StrFormat - Sucessfully converted: [yyyy-mm-dd hh:nn] to variable: [%TimeStamp%] with result: [2006-12-06 16:20] IniWrite - Wrote INI key in file: [%BaseDir%\Projects\Standard\ProjectInfo.ini] Section: [Scripts] key/value: [6 - Process WinSxS files=Version 003 at 2006-12-06 16:20]
Script version 003
Run - Processed section [Process-log] in file [%BaseDir%\Archive\Build\ScriptLog.script]
Processing time: 2 seconds and 183 miliseconds
Finished processing script: 6 - Process WinSxS files

is it correct?

#13 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 06 December 2006 - 03:41 PM

'vgot it alreay from boot-land site from the link psc provided
here is also a parto fo the log about winsxs operations during the process:

is it correct?

It looks correct. But the problem is:
If the line

Shellexecute: [hide] using: [%BaseDir%\Tools\7za.exe] with parameters: [X -y -o"%BaseDir%\Projects\Standard\Target\i386\WinSxS" "G:\embe\5725iso0\I386\asms01.cab"]

fails, you do not have (all) WinSxS files, but there is no error message. :P

If you still do not have the WinSxS files, try the command manually in a cmd window. Then you'll get the error message, if one occurs.

Peter

#14 gerominto

gerominto

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 06 December 2006 - 03:48 PM

It looks correct. But the problem is:
If the line
fails, you do not have (all) WinSxS files, but there is no error message. :P

If you still do not have the WinSxS files, try the command manually in a cmd window. Then you'll get the error message, if one occurs.

Peter

i get: Error: ASMS01.CAB is not supported archive

#15 gerominto

gerominto

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 06 December 2006 - 03:50 PM

should i unpack all the files inside this archive and put it into the winsxs folder in my build?

extracting this files manually solves the problem, thanks

#16 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 06 December 2006 - 04:08 PM

This error appeared long time ago and I fixed by ???
I'll check and correct either the winsxs script or the version of 7za.exe in tools.

Peter :P

#17 gerominto

gerominto

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 06 December 2006 - 04:09 PM

This error appeared long time ago and I fixed by ???
I'll check and correct either the winsxs script or the version of 7za.exe in tools.

Peter :P

once again, thanks guys :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users