AdAware.script

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Olri

Olri

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 23 July 2006 - 02:38 PM

:P I got AdAware running with this script. You have to have AdAware installed for it to work. :P I get "error while loading definitions." :P I tried running it from ramdisk, copying extra files (log, unregaaw.exe, uninstall exe) and didn't fix it. Any ideas? :P

Attached File  AdAwareSE.script   2.69KB   458 downloads

#2 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 23 July 2006 - 02:59 PM

Congratulations, it's a nice script! :P

d4vros might have figured out the reason why it gives the error:

It tries to use the settings in %userprofile%\Application Data\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\ - if the config file there is pointing to a different location for the definitions, that probably could cause your error.
If you're running the pro version then you can specify the definitions in command line
+ref:drive:\path\defs.ref

original post

This might prove the need to add a new variable type in open builder: %userprofile%

A workaround to get this value is using the shellexecute command and cmd.exe:

FileCreateBlank,path.txt

shellexecute,cmd.exe,hide,"/c echo [Path] > path.txt"

shellexecute,cmd.exe,hide,"echo user=%userprofile% >> path.txt"

It will output the value of %userprofile% into a text file, from where you read it to get the path to your definitions file.

You can also type just "echo %userprofile%" on the cmd.exe to see how this works..

This is a way long road just to get a small value, I'll probably add this as a %variable% on the next build.. :P

btw: I liked the concept, but if the files aren't included, you should check if the directory or files exist - in order to give a more complete output message saying something like: "Adaware is not installed, please install it before using this script" when the program is not available.. (perhaps even adding the option to directly download it from the lavasoft server? 7zip can directly extract all sort of files from setup.exe files..)

Here's an interesting link on this:
http://www.911cd.net...showtopic=12162

:P

#3 d4vr0s

d4vr0s

• Advanced user
  • 38 posts
  • Location:The greatest computer in the universe of time and space, designed by Deep Thought
  •  
    United States

Posted 24 July 2006 - 11:38 AM

Ad-Aware saves it's settings file here:
%UserProfile%\Application Data\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\settings.awc
It's possible if that directory isn't created ad-aware might have issues.
I pre-configured all my settings, and copy that file into that directory when ad-aware is run.
Example:
xcopy %ProgramFiles%\RunScanner\settings.awc "%UserProfile%\Application Data\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\"

I'm not sure if the +ref command works in the free version.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users