#1 funtik

funtik

• Members
  • 75 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 26 February 2009 - 11:42 PM

Intel Matrix Storage Manager Driver v8.7.0.1007

This script will add Intel chipset SATA HDD support to your build. It does not support older Intel chipsets. You can also use this script as example, to create your own.

NOTE: DPs-Build_MassStorageDrivers.script supports most of SATA controllers, including Intel chipsets.

Place this script to: Projects\LiveXP\Drivers\4 Storage

I used Sony VGN-Z570N/B laptop with Intel GM45 chipset for the test. LiveXP detects SATA HDD fine.

Download link: IntelSATA.script

#2 TheHive

TheHive

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 4198 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 05:49 AM

Does it fix the mistakes made in the LiveXP one?

#3 funtik

funtik

• Members
  • 75 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 27 February 2009 - 06:05 AM

Does it fix the mistakes made in the LiveXP one?

Yes, it does. This script can be used for PCs with Intel Chipsets. As I mentioned above, LiveXP detected SATA HDD on my Sony VGN-Z570N/B laptop perfect. Intel Matrix Storage Manager Driver v8.7.0.1007 is the latest one for now, which I downloaded from Intel website.

#4 Lancelot

Lancelot

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 5013 posts
  • Interests:*Mechanical stuff and Physics,
    *LiveXP, BartPE, SherpyaXPE,
    *Basketball and Looong Walking,
    *Buying outwear for my girlf (Reason: Girls are stupid about buying bad stuff to make themselves uglier :))
    *Girls (Lyric: Girl,...., You will be a womann, Soon)
    *Answering questions for "Meaning of life",
    *Helping people,

Kung with LiveXP, Fu with Peter :)
  •  
    Turkey

Posted 27 February 2009 - 10:28 AM

funtik,

to clear, so current DPs-Build_MassStorageDrivers.script dont make livexp detect Intel GM45, right?

ps: sata2.script is very old and not updated and not mostly used for a long while

#5 funtik

funtik

• Members
  • 75 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 27 February 2009 - 11:40 AM

to clear, so current DPs-Build_MassStorageDrivers.script dont make livexp detect Intel GM45, right?

You were right Lancelot, current DPs-Build_MassStorageDrivers.script v.51 allows to detect Intel GM45 chipset SATA HDD. I just tested. I used an old version of DPs-Build_MassStorageDrivers.script before. That’s why it didn’t work for me. My script could be helpful for those who uses LiveXP just on one PC with Intel chipset, it reduces size of the build on 10 MB. :cheers:

#6 Lancelot

Lancelot

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 5013 posts
    *Buying outwear for my girlf (Reason: Girls are stupid about buying bad stuff to make themselves uglier :))
    *Helping people,

•  
    Turkey

Posted 28 February 2009 - 04:02 AM

current DPs-Build_MassStorageDrivers.script v.51 allows to detect Intel GM45 chipset SATA HDD. I just tested.

i am glad to read that :cheers:

My script could be helpful for those who uses LiveXP just on one PC with Intel chipset

i am sad to write bad news :cheers: but:

there are some sets of intel drivers with same file names, check "1. Preparation:" section here:
http://www.msfn.org/...howtopic=107504
"Fernando 1" very freqently updates and supports the topic (this is the ultimate intel driver topic that everything gathers from intel website +including a tutorial to prepare a cd with nlite but have official drivers with very minimum missing hwid support )

For hwids intel forgets (like mine) :cheers:, better to look at dps mass storage package ini file (DriverPack_MassStorage_wnt5_x86-32.ini)
ps: dps guys do a great job with these stuff. check dps mass storage forum, there was once a topic for intel only which i reported my missing hwid.

it seems your package only supports 14 hwids of intel latest chipset drivers so your script is not a general way for intel users but a good way for lucky ones :cheers: Also a nice way to show how to write own mass storage script for similar purpose :cheers:

it reduces size of the build on 10 MB. :cheers:

to reduce size only by using intel chipset drivers (or some of intel chipset drivers but with all hwids) best way seems to me using dps mass storage package and infos. But does it worth to spend such time to gain 10mb (or ~20mb) :cheers:

Well, thank you for the script, it is really useful for me, maybe in future we can have dps scripts having option to disable some drivers (at DP_MassStorage_wnt5_x86-32_901 there is 144, 6 of them intel) but from my point of view it is not necessary, i like my cd support all dps drivers, but as you see i support your idea too. :cheers:

#7 Galapo

Galapo

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 3841 posts
  •  
    Australia

Posted 28 February 2009 - 04:56 AM

Well, thank you for the script, it is really useful for me, maybe in future we can have dps scripts having option to disable some drivers

There is already that option on the script interface. You just have to enter the service entry name.

Regards,
Galapo.

#8 Lancelot

Lancelot

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 5013 posts
    *Helping people,

•  
    Turkey

Posted 28 February 2009 - 05:00 AM

There is already that option on the script interface. You just have to enter the service entry name.

Ahhhhh :cheers: i missed (forgot) that (slowly warming up :cheers: ) :cheers:

#9 tcm

tcm
  • Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
    Ukraine

Posted 28 February 2009 - 03:42 PM

funtik,

Place this script to: Projects\LiveXP\Drivers\4 Storage
I used a Laptop with Intel GM45 chipset for the test. LiveXP detects SATA HDD fine.

Hi funtik,
I've tried to use the script you placed here, but unfortunately I had BSOD with STOP 0x0000007B error code "inaccessible boot device" on my laptop (chipset- Intel PM965).
It seems that SATA HDD not detected :cheers:
So I don't think this is the matter of wrong script, coz I've set up on my base OS iastore.sys file restored to '...\Target\LiveXP\i386\System32\DRIVERS\' folder from your script. It was installed successfully.
First I've used untouched liveXP project and had this trouble and then turned off any 'DPs-Build_MassStorageDrivers' and attached yours - problem still stays on.
So could you suggest something plz?

#10 funtik

funtik

• Members
  • 75 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 01 March 2009 - 06:08 AM

Hi funtik,
I've tried to use the script you placed here, but unfortunately I had BSOD with STOP 0x0000007B error code "inaccessible boot device" on my laptop (chipset- Intel PM965).
It seems that SATA HDD not detected :cheers:
So I don't think this is the matter of wrong script, coz I've set up on my base OS iastore.sys file restored to '...\Target\LiveXP\i386\System32\DRIVERS\' folder from your script. It was installed successfully.
First I've used untouched liveXP project and had this trouble and then turned off any 'DPs-Build_MassStorageDrivers' and attached yours - problem still stays on.
So could you suggest something plz?

Hi tcm,
I am pretty sure you get BSOD because my script is missing some hwid for older Intel chipsets. I’ll try to fix it on Monday. I’m gonna make a script with full support for all Intel chipsets. So, check back later. Now, you can try using the new DPs-Build_MassStorageDrivers.script v.51 (until I post a new script), it worked for me too.

#11 funtik

funtik

• Members
  • 75 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 01 March 2009 - 11:44 AM

tcm,
What is your laptop model name?
Visit your laptop manufacture website and see if there is a SATA driver for your model. If there is one, post a link here. It will be easy for me to help you.

#12 Lancelot

Lancelot

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 5013 posts
    *Helping people,

•  
    Turkey

Posted 01 March 2009 - 10:12 PM

I’m gonna make a script with full support for all Intel chipsets.

maybe this can be the solution you are looking for:
follow the steps:

1)
enable DPs-MassStorageDrivers_au3 script

**)
Posted Image

2) choose use custom package (picture) and write following into the box:

%GlobalTemplates%\Dps_Manual\DP_MassStorage_wnt5_x86-32_901_Intel.7z

3) create %GlobalTemplates%\Dps_Manual\ folder (..\Workbench\Common\Dps_Manual\) and put the following file in it
http://lancelot.winb...32_901_Intel.7z

i hope you get the "only intel" mass storage support now funtik. (i can not test this steps, just an idea) please test

@Galapo:
maybe with "Build DPs Mass Storage Drivers script" a checkbox "Disable non Intel drivers" for the ones (not me :cheers: ) who want only Intel mass storage support.

#13 Galapo

Galapo

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 3841 posts
  •  
    Australia

Posted 01 March 2009 - 11:36 PM

@Galapo:
maybe with "Build DPs Mass Storage Drivers script" a checkbox "Disable non Intel drivers" for the ones (not me :) ) who want only Intel mass storage support.

It seems to me that involves a lot of work for me, but not a lot of gain. Only some ~10mb being saved.

Options:

a) either use DPs-Build_MassStorageDrivers.script for including drivers, disabling a few drivers if necessary on script interface; or

b) if only a few select drivers are desired, write a script to include these like what funtik has done and disable DPs-Build_MassStorageDrivers.script.

Regards,
Galapo.

#14 Lancelot

Lancelot

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 5013 posts
    *Helping people,

•  
    Turkey

Posted 02 March 2009 - 12:07 AM

It seems to me that involves a lot of work for me

reading "a lot of work involved" plus

but not a lot of gain.

totally agree. Conclusion: Agree with you that no need for spending time with this. :cheers:

Besides, I hope my untested solution works for funtik :cheers:

#15 Galapo

Galapo

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 3841 posts
  •  
    Australia

Posted 02 March 2009 - 12:23 AM

Besides, I hope my untested solution works for funtik :cheers:

I do too. It's a great idea.

Regards,
Galapo.

#16 funtik

funtik

• Members
  • 75 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 02 March 2009 - 07:08 AM

Thanks Lancelot for the idea and detailed explanations. I’ll test it. Your suggestion could be a perfect solution for tcm.

I agree with you both, there is no need to modify DPs-Build_MassStorageDrivers.script, 10 MB is not a big deal. It works fine and upgrades continuously. If I knew it supports my SATA HDD I would not even start working on the script I posted in this topic. Probably I’ll stop working on improving it and live it as example for creating a custom made SATA script.

To tcm,
My help for you is still in force, just tell me what model your laptop is and if there is a SATA driver for your laptop on manufacture website.

#17 tcm

tcm
  • Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
    Ukraine

Posted 02 March 2009 - 11:53 AM

tcm,
What is your laptop model name?
Visit your laptop manufacture website and see if there is a SATA driver for your model. If there is one, post a link here. It will be easy for me to help you.

funtik,
As I told you before I successfully applied Driver v8.7.0.1007 to my base OS but it doesn't work in liveXP. I have Dell XPS M1530 with intel ICH8M - E/M SATA AHCI controller and its hwid 'PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2829' wholly presents in your script.
Recently I've used extrasmall XP version build created with winbuilder and placed in net by someone - it loads successfully. This build use the same driver for my SATA controller :cheers: But that build was supplied with original batch file for bootable UFD creation.
Maybe reason in the way I create boot stick for my LiveXP? Though I tried two tools - FlashBoot and PE to USB - result the same. Maybe for builds created by winbuilder is special way to make UFD?
So what you think about?

#18 funtik

funtik

• Members
  • 75 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 02 March 2009 - 06:12 PM

to tcm,

Try this method:

1. Hook up USB Flash Drive to PC;
2. Open LiveXP ISO-image in UltraISO;
3. Menu -> Bootable -> Write Disk Image;
4. In the new window:
- Disk Drive: Select "USB Flash Drive" (should be selected automatically);
- Write Method: Select "USB-HDD";
5. Press: “Format” button;
6. After format is complete, press: “Write” button.

If you do not have UltaraISO, you can get it here (portable): Ultra ISO v9.3.3.2685

#19 tcm

tcm
  • Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
    Ukraine

Posted 03 March 2009 - 08:42 PM

funtik,
Nothing changed, error code the same - SATA not detected :cheers:

#20 funtik

funtik

• Members
  • 75 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 04 March 2009 - 06:18 AM

tcm,

I don’t know why. It worked for me. :cheers:
Let me clear a few things. You made a LiveXP build (created with my IntelSATA.script or Build_MassStorageDrivers.script enabled), and burned it on CD. If you boot up from this CD on your Dell XPS M1530 laptop, SATA HDD is detected OK, but if you boot up from USB Flash drive on which you put the same LiveXP build, you get an BSOD. Is that right?

#21 tcm

tcm
  • Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
    Ukraine

Posted 04 March 2009 - 03:07 PM

funtik,
I moved post here:
http://www.boot-land...amp;#entry61371

#22 funtik

funtik

• Members
  • 75 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 04 March 2009 - 04:55 PM

Lancelot,
I think there are couple errors in DP_MassStorage_wnt5_x86-32_901_Intel.7z
Take a look:
Posted Image

#23 Lancelot

Lancelot

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 5013 posts
    *Helping people,

•  
    Turkey

Posted 04 March 2009 - 08:53 PM

funtik

I highly believe no error with the picture, i only modified the original file, the mistake made by intel and i wrote before about that:

there are some sets of intel drivers with same file names

with dps ini file listing, probably original filenames used. drivers in dps archive 7z file are manufacturer drivers, if you download from fernando (or intel) you will see that too, For livexp when this 7z package is prepared for building they are renamed to different names to make all work. (to check, make a build any see the files in livexp.iso).

Maybe i am mistaken and maybe dps guys made a mistake (low probability but always possible). I guess galapo can clear with making a comment.

#24 Galapo

Galapo

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 3841 posts
  •  
    Australia

Posted 04 March 2009 - 08:56 PM

Yep, you explained well. Files are renamed for use with PE.

Regards,
Galapo.

#25 olegpov

olegpov

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 309 posts
  • Interests:BSD systems

Posted 04 March 2009 - 09:30 PM

Specially for funtik
http://forum.oszone....-117423-37.html

I use that tool for DpMS integration in my LiveXP.
This tool generate BartPE Plugin. I convert this Plugin in to Script file.
I wish to write a script for WinBuilder but at me while there is no time for it

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users