#176 darren rose

darren rose

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 449 posts
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 27 April 2009 - 06:33 PM

Maybe you did not zip. I cannot remember that anywhen a zipped log has been too big.

Peter

it was zipped, hence why I gave up and pasted it in

Have managed to get a working build by pressing play button on each script in turn and it works okay, but if I press play button on start page, it just stops without seemingly doing anything

#177 Lancelot

Lancelot

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 5013 posts
  • Interests:*Mechanical stuff and Physics,
    *LiveXP, BartPE, SherpyaXPE,
    *Basketball and Looong Walking,
    *Buying outwear for my girlf (Reason: Girls are stupid about buying bad stuff to make themselves uglier :))
    *Girls (Lyric: Girl,...., You will be a womann, Soon)
    *Answering questions for "Meaning of life",
    *Helping people,

Kung with LiveXP, Fu with Peter :)
  •  
    Turkey

Posted 27 April 2009 - 06:40 PM

darren rose

press big Blue button

#178 voyteckst

voyteckst

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  
    Poland

Posted 27 April 2009 - 06:48 PM

psc sorry for not answering the question about downloading problem - I just downloaded 7zip file. I have tried now from home (previous was from company ;-) ) and everything with download is ok. Strange is that www.google.com is accessible from place where I had problems - tomorrow I'll try another domain to check if "I'm Online".

Now there is problem with building, described previously. I would be appreciate for help...

#179 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  • Interests:What somebody else cannot do.
  •  
    European Union

Posted 27 April 2009 - 06:52 PM

it was zipped, hence why I gave up and pasted it in

Have managed to get a working build by pressing play button on each script in turn and it works okay, but if I press play button on start page, it just stops without seemingly doing anything

Just an addition to Lancelot's post and to explain to less experienced users:
If your 'play button' is the small green triangle, clicking it, starts processing the actual script, and ONLY this script.

In the actual case, the actual script is 'script.project' and in 'script.project' there is (depending on the project) either nothing to be done, or just some small things like defining exit code etc.

But the currently known script.project-s never will process the complete project (that would demand a 'Run' for all scripts beeing included).

Now: See Lancelot's post

Peter

#180 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 27 April 2009 - 06:58 PM

psc sorry for not answering the question about downloading problem - I just downloaded 7zip file. I have tried now from home (previous was from company ;-) ) and everything with download is ok.

Now there is problem with building, described previously. I would be appreciate for help...

I'm not sure what the zipped project contains. I did not try. But the 'normal' way is download center.

Try what I suggested to darren rose in post #173 (please respect the EXACTLY).

And if there are troubles, tell us EXACTLY the first issue (the following ones are usually unimportant, because they usually are caused by the first one).

Peter

#181 ec!

ec!
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
    Hungary

Posted 27 April 2009 - 07:33 PM

Hi, I'm new here. But I'm an old reader, wrote scipts and compiled many custom builds with WinBuilder in the past 2 years. Thanks for the experts I learned much here.

First of all, yahoouk you did a nice work! ...but I don't want to follow the way you do it.
Your script is copying the whole MS BootWIM to the new compilation. It takes very much time and almost 1GB of diskspace.

I started my own 7 PE scripts in february (based on the last VistaPE scripts) but I stopped doing it, because my experiment finished in a nice Bluescreen (because of a missing component).
You are a step before us, because your 7 PE is running. :)

I think that we must follow the old way, to putting each component after the other stable/working component. Therefore we should start from the simplest working base system.

Any opinion?

#182 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 27 April 2009 - 07:43 PM

Hi, I'm new here. But I'm an old reader, wrote scipts and compiled many custom builds with WinBuilder in the past 2 years. Thanks for the experts I learned much here.

First of all, yahoouk you did a nice work! ...but I don't want to follow the way you do it.
Your script is copying the whole MS BootWIM to the new compilation. It takes very much time and almost 1GB of diskspace.

I started my own 7 PE scripts in february (based on the last VistaPE scripts) but I stopped doing it, because my experiment finished in a nice Bluescreen (because of a missing component).
You are a step before us, because your 7 PE is running. :)

I think that we must follow the old way, to putting each component after the other stable/working component. Therefore we should start from the simplest working base system.

Any opinion?

Welcome ec!

I agree for 200% to your opinion. :)

If you look at 'my baby' nativeEx:

The core should contain only what is necessary to build a working PE.

Every script should add reg entries, files etc. what it needs to run.

I hope that yahoouk agrees to
  • remove all 'unnecessary stuff' from the core and just build a booting 'minimized W7 core' project
  • edit the addons like apps step by step and add the necessary functionality.
I remember that with nativeEx that has been a hard way:
Try and Error: Remove one component from registry / files and see whether the project still works ... :)

Peter

#183 yahoouk

yahoouk

Silver Member

• .script developer
  • 518 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 07:56 PM

Dear all,

Wondering it has a lot errors or problems you encountered today.
For new users.
First of all, looking at my project users, there are a lot of common problem with them.
So I have decided to write a small Tutorial to get working it.
As I describe in first page, it needs at least 4 gb hdd free. And Ram is 1gb minimum.
And your project folder should be in root e.g c:\7pe d:\7pe e:\7pe ect.
1. Create a new folder in Root as above.
2. download Winbuilder077beta2. Or any version of it will be ready.
3. extract Winbuilder077beta2 into d:\7pe folder.
4. Double click to start.
5. It will make a WinBuilder772.ini file and Projects folder.
6. Double click on WinBuilder77b2.ini and add "win7pe.winbuilder.net/Projects" in "WebServer=" line.
Attached File  WebServerSelect.png   18.96KB   1653 downloads
7. Close WinBuilder77b2.exe and re-open it.
8. Now you will see Download Center page and select the box you want.
Attached File  DownloadCentrePage.png   37.53KB   1463 downloads
9. As soon as you select it, you will see Win7PE with explorer shell main project appears in left pane under Default page.
10.Make sure select all and just Click download button.
11. Done!

Secondly, make sure your folder is named without space. And Antivirus or Firewall should be closed before start Playing it.
1. Now you will see WinBuilder77b2.exe is appearing on your screen.
2. Make sure your source is correctly selected. If not, click the folder icon and select your source.
Attached File  SourceDir.png   59.78KB   1563 downloads
3. Or you can edit SourceDir in script.project file in Projects\win7_pe\ folder.
Attached File  SourceDir2.png   31.36KB   1070 downloads
4. And then ckeck your scripts in left panel, make sure all essentials scripts are selected.
5. To start your Project, do click on Play Blue button on the right upper corner, do not click on Green small Play icon in right panel.
Attached File  Start.png   59.86KB   1179 downloads
(Thats why, someone can get registry hive load failed error occurs.)
6. To trick your project, before successfully completed,
a. you can comment [UnMountWim] line like (##[UnMountWim]) in 6-postconfig.script.
b. Doing so, you don't need to restart your project again and again. That's mean if your project is stopped in building. No worry, make your log and look at where is error occured.(What script makes the error)
c. Repair it and just click on Green play button to check your script is successful or not. That means your project is still alive and you can Run one by one script till successfully completed.(Until Virtual Testing)
7. After your project is successful, you can uncomment [UnMountWim] line and reRun that script. That will occur an error but that error is occurred because there are no appropriate Directories in Target.Because of running it, your wim file will be unmounted.
But I warn you, if you are not advanced user, do not try that. Mount/unmount and Load/unload registry will sometimes totally destroy your system driver-files or host registry hives. Becareful!

Thank you all,

B Regards,

yahooUK

#184 yahoouk

yahoouk

Silver Member

• .script developer
  • 518 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 08:02 PM

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,simplest working base system.

Any opinion?

I know what is the best one but timely as guru described.
I think you can modify my ones to scratch it out, I totally agree with it.
But sorry for me, I don't have enough time to do so.

Thanks for your idea.

B Regards,

yahooUK

#185 Lancelot

Lancelot

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 5013 posts
    *Buying outwear for my girlf (Reason: Girls are stupid about buying bad stuff to make themselves uglier :))
    *Helping people,

•  
    Turkey

Posted 27 April 2009 - 08:03 PM

yahoouk

:)

also better to add this nice instruction at the end of post 1 with a head sth like "For Beginners"

#186 darren rose

darren rose

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 449 posts
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 27 April 2009 - 08:06 PM

darren rose

press big Blue button

feeling like an idiot now!!! :) how long has that big blue button been their??!? so used to just hitting the other one in the past with vistape and it works with that

Thanks!!! (and to you too Peter)

#187 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 27 April 2009 - 08:16 PM

how long has that big blue button been their??!?

The oldest one I have in my archive: :)
Attached File  wb52.gif   15.79KB   31 downloads
Peter :)

#188 Lancelot

Lancelot

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 5013 posts
    *Helping people,

•  
    Turkey

Posted 27 April 2009 - 08:28 PM

Nice to hear you Feel The Blue darren rose :)

:) but you are not alone with your feeling :(

Remembering old times with this issue :) (with LiveXP) last was at ~Dec 3 2008 from kare (who is a well known app developer and frequent PE tester) and imagine me trying to figure out how he couldnt make a build :( :) :) for days :( (not sure, maybe 5 days or more passed) . After finding the reason is "Blue Play" button both kare and I feel like an idiot too. (precaution made with LiveXP, till than no report :( )

Have fun with Win7PE :)

#189 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 27 April 2009 - 08:31 PM

And your project folder should be in root e.g c:\7pe d:\7pe e:\7pe ect.

@yahoouk!

As you se on my 'thanks', I appriciate your post very much.

It is something that in my opinion has also been necessary (but never given) for the logical parent of your project.

And the explanation is clear and understandable.

But as usual, one complain.

The requirements
  • Must be in the root
  • Must not contain spaces
are not requirements of WinBuilder.
Maybe that is only a rumor or remainder of some old bugs from the early 52th to the late 72th
Maybe that is 'proofed' by a erroneous script. But then the script MUST be corrected.

Fact is: The WinBuilder development team has INTENTIONALLY the WinBuilder develop %BaseDir% directory, in my case V:\WB\wb debug)
  • Not on C:
  • Having a space in the name
And there never have been troubles with this directory.
As you can see some posts above, I did a very successful build of the latest Win7PE in this %BaseDir%

@yahoouk: Your recommendation about the %BaseDir% path implies a hint on a bug of WinBuilder, which really does not exist.

Please do me a favour and edit.

Peter

#190 yahoouk

yahoouk

Silver Member

• .script developer
  • 518 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 08:31 PM

Fantastic!

YahooUK

#191 yahoouk

yahoouk

Silver Member

• .script developer
  • 518 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 08:46 PM

@yahoouk!

Peter

I did not use "must" word in my post. Because sometimes WB skips something. e.g. cscui.dll file. Sometimes it is not been copied even it is obviously in the folder. So I commented that line.
Sometime WB unmounted the wim file, I mean imageX. I am sure some people would have experienced with that mount error in starting it.
I'm not sure what is wrong with it. WB bug or source bug. Therefore, I recommend the simplest way and the way least error occurs during process. I am not arguring with any body. I run this project over hundreds of time before uploading.
That is my way. If anybody wants going any way, go ahead. They have their rights. :)

B Regards,

yahooUK

#192 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 27 April 2009 - 08:50 PM

Fantastic!

YahooUK

OOPS, I found another one:
Attached File  wb49.gif   14.83KB   32 downloads
Peter

#193 Brian Hoover

Brian Hoover

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 27 April 2009 - 08:56 PM

I have still never been able to get a successful build from this project. I have tried about every combination of sources and apps and Winbuilders and even machines on which to run Winbuilder. But every time when it boots all I end up with is a black screen and a cursor.

Is there anyone out there that might have a solution or even an idea for me? Thank you.

Brian

#194 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 27 April 2009 - 08:56 PM

I did not use "must" word in my post. Because sometimes WB skips something. e.g. cscui.dll file. Sometimes it is not been copied even it is obviously in the folder. So I commented that line.
Sometime WB unmounted the wim file, I mean imageX. I am sure some people would have experienced with that mount error in starting it.
I'm not sure what is wrong with it. WB bug or source bug. Therefore, I recommend the simplest way and the way least error occurs during process. I am not arguring with any body. I run this project over hundreds of time before uploading.
That is my way. If anybody wants going any way, go ahead. They have their rights. :)

B Regards,

yahooUK

Great!

Then we can go step by step through these :)
You give me the food and I'll eat!

Let's start with:

What's the issue with cscui.dll?

I promise you: If you supply, in some (mediterranean) days there are no more :) s

Peter

#195 darren rose

darren rose

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 449 posts
  •  
    United Kingdom

Posted 27 April 2009 - 09:02 PM

oh right - well confusion seems to be I build my vistape okay using the small play button and have just done so two minutes ago to prove to myself it worked, so I wrongly assumed it would on this project too!

#196 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 27 April 2009 - 09:05 PM

I have still never been able to get a successful build from this project. I have tried about every combination of sources and apps and Winbuilders and even machines on which to run Winbuilder. But every time when it boots all I end up with is a black screen and a cursor.

Is there anyone out there that might have a solution or even an idea for me? Thank you.

Brian

Look at my posts #169 and #173 and try that.

This will finally start the PE in an emulator.

Going to the 'real world' maybe we have to add some drivers.

Good luck!

Peter

#197 yahoouk

yahoouk

Silver Member

• .script developer
  • 518 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 09:08 PM

Good guru,

I understand about the different sources and different hardware.
One could go with it but another can't go with the same one.
Even same source, once can go smoothly but not another.
Depending on how many software are installed on it or which type of source they use.
Some use OEM, but many use nLited theseday.
OK, I do not argue with you any more.
I do not know about Delphi.
But I know the difference of Should and Must.

B Regards,

yahooUK

#198 voyteckst

voyteckst

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  
    Poland

Posted 27 April 2009 - 09:17 PM

I have successfully builded win7_pe. Problem was with RoadKill plugin (I disabled it).

I have tried booting with vmware but there is something strange - it hangs on manual installing of net adapter and penetcfg don't start.
vmware issue 1: I try to install network adapter (devmgmt.msc -> ethernet controller -> update drivers -> automatic) and this hangs whole virtual machine.
vmware issue 2: starting penetcfg shows info about lack of netcfg.exe (hthis file is) and factory.exe (this file does not exists)

Booting with virtualbox works fine, but penetcfg cannot configure network. I have slightly modified penetwork plugin (desription in previous posts) but it also cannot get ip address.
virtualbox issue: no ip adddress obtained via dhcp

From things which also don't work is "start menu" - Programs category is empty. Maybe because a lot of "System - Unrecognized setting [RefreshVars]" Warnings

#199 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 27 April 2009 - 09:24 PM

There are so many posts (partly crossing) that I'm confused.
Maybe it is also a lack of my English knowledge.

Is your answer about my post #189 or #194?

I cannot imagine that the effect of a space in a path in any way depends on

I understand about the different sources and different hardware.
One could go with it but another can't go with the same one.
Even same source, once can go smoothly but not another.
Depending on how many software are installed on it or which type of source they use.
Some use OEM, but many use nLited theseday.

For me these all are no :) but issues which can be solved, if the right people provide the right back information.
Maybe it takes a while.

Nevertheless: Let's start e.g. with the "cscui.dll file" issue.

Peter

#200 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 27 April 2009 - 09:32 PM

I have successfully builded win7_pe. Problem was with RoadKill plugin (I disabled it).

I have tried booting with vmware but there is something strange - it hangs on manual installing of net adapter and penetcfg don't start.

Booting with virtualbox works fine, but penetcfg cannot configure network. I have slightly modified penetwork plugin (desription in previous posts) but it also cannot get ip address.

From things which alsa don't work is "start menu" - Programs category is empty.

Great!

You now are about 90% in the success area!

The missing 10 % may follow tomorrow (for me it's late enogh now).

But please try to describe the issues with VMWare and VirtualBox more specific.
(@Nuno, @Jaclaz: Where is the link to the board rules?)

Peter

BTW: Theoretically it is possible that these functionalities in the project under development are not yet implemented, and you have to spend us some patience ...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users