• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 allanf

allanf

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1256 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 06:33 AM

In the 'My Assistant' box, we have a few selections for looking at previous posts, including unread posts. In case of need to review, or inadvertant marking of posts unread, it would be handy to have the last twenty or so posts, whether read or unread.

Regards

#2 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 20 February 2009 - 03:01 PM

Do you mean something like the link below but modified to show 20 entries?
http://www.boot-land...mp;CODE=lastten

:poke:

#3 allanf

allanf

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1256 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 03:42 PM

What I meant was like the 'New Posts' Button in the My Assistant Box which shows the last so-many (?) unread posts as a list of topic headings. If that could be modified, or another button or link added, to show the last twenty (or just 10) unread plus read posts as a list of headings.

Regards

#4 allanf

allanf

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1256 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 01:56 AM

Nuno.

A picture paints a thousand words. Here's a screenshot of my dilemma...

[attachment=7625:myassist_newpsts.gif]

If I have read every single post in every single Forum and Sub-Forum (or let's say I cheated and clicked 'Mark all Posts as Read'), I will receive the above when I click 'New Posts' in the My Assistant Box. And also, I will receive a kind of error message if I click 'View New Posts' in the Forum Index.

Nowhere can I find a place to review a list of the last posts submitted - that is a list of the last posts regardless whether read or not, and regardless of the member. I believe it is a basic feature of other Web-Forums.

Have I missed something?

EDIT: OK. Clicking 'Boot-Land' reveails 'Recent Topics', but only five. This is what I'm looking for but extended to say ten or twenty 'Recent Topics'. To avoid over-filling the 'Boot-Land' Window, could this list be made available in the My Assistant Box?

Thanks again

#5 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 21 February 2009 - 10:18 AM

EDIT: OK. Clicking 'Boot-Land' reveails 'Recent Topics', but only five. This is what I'm looking for but extended to say ten or twenty 'Recent Topics'. To avoid over-filling the 'Boot-Land' Window, could this list be made available in the My Assistant Box?

Unfortunately I'm working under very limited conditions to change anything in the board software for the moment (using a sub-laptop) but I will keep this idea in mind to see if it is possible to change as you require.

#6 allanf

allanf

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1256 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 10:25 AM

...I will keep this idea in mind to see if it is possible to change as you require.

No hurry at all. I only thought of it when I lost the location of a thread I was trying to follow. Leave it for the next revision.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users