You also have the possibility to connect to wireless networks (private networks only for the moment).
With this utility you can connect to network drives, share folders (still in progress) and do some other things like just 'ping' a host/address.
The script you can also download from 'my' personal Bootland-website http://holger.orgfree.com/
DirectDL (zipped 458KB): http://holger.orgfre...Network_vpe.zip
- Updated "PE Network Manager" to version 0.56 -> use script option "Check for newer version of PENM..."
- Fixed: Missing 'Then' in WiFi start/stop function
- Added: Some missing lang strings
02.08.2009 - v5 beta (PENM 0.55)
- Fixed/Changed: Internal update procedure in WB script
- Fixed: WiFi key can now includes '&' character and '<', '>' characters (thanks to KdN)
(-> ''' and '"' - characters test is sill open cause the 1st test with XPSP: these characters were stored directly in XML,
not with "'" or """)
- Fixed: Internal script bug with some disabled controls - bug was not visible in compiled mode
- Added: Window position of PENM will be saved on GUI closing and reloaded on GUI starting
- Added: Optional using profiles in WB script (like in LiveXP script)
27.05.2009 - v4 beta (PENM 0.51)
- Fixed: Bug in VistaPE/Win7PE driver installing (FileRepository)
22.05.2009 - v4 beta (PENM 0.50)
- Fixed: Error while connecting to nonsecured wireless network
- Fixed: Wrong connection state tooltip after changing language
- Fixed: 64bit OS issues (right mouse click on network drives, last used network path, etc.)
- Fixed: Some missing color settings (ping, profiles - will be explained later how to use)
- Fixed: Missing title update in WiFi connection GUI
- Fixed: Bug in VistaPE driver installing (inf section removing)
- Changed: Some internal WMI using
- Added: Profile CMD's are now executed after changing network parameters
- Added: Domain automatically used from target path on network drive connecting
- Added: Option to update "PE Network Manager" program automatically from WB script
22.02.2009 - v3 beta (PENM 0.46): - Fixed: Bug in refresh of WiFi available networks - Fixed: Bug in WiFi profile export (OneX not supported at the moment) - Fixed: WiFi listviews did not react on DblClick anymore after color scheme change - Fixed: Direct key input striped the key - Fixed: WiFi bug while adding profile with WEP encryption - Changed: WiFi arrays - Added: WiFi profile apply without change without retyping key - Added: WiFi exporter (XPSP2 with WlanApi, XPSP3, Vista, 2008) - Added: Some additional checks/routines for WMI using under WAIK-PE
Using with WAIK is not implemented in the WB script yet.
However, if have a PE with WMI package added then just extract the .exe from the scripts and then you can use it also with WAIK-PE.
There is still a lot todo and space for improving, not all things are working now (like iw. starting sharing - you still need the script "FileSharing")...
(For LiveXP I'm also do some new tests with WiFi with DeviceIoControl - miniport direct commands).
However, you can already test the basic functionality.
In LiveXP it is working good so I think there should no big problems with running it under VistaPE and you can give it a chance
If you have any questions, suggestions or problems just let me know.
For additional information you can also take a look in the "Developement" section or my winbuilder page (ie. screenshots).