#1 charlestek

charlestek

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 06 February 2009 - 06:57 AM

Using Vista Sp1 and Vista AIK as sources

FileCopy - Failed to copy [%BaseDir%\Projects\VistaPE-Core\App\Antivirus\Avira\avipbb.inf] to: [%BaseDir%\Target\VistaPE-Core\Windows\Inf]

Warnings

FileCopy - Failed to copy [%BaseDir%\Temp\VistaPE-Core\BootWimSrc\windows\System32\bcdedit.exe] to: [%BaseDir%\Target\VistaPE-Core\windows\System32\bcdedit.exe] FileCopy - Failed to copy [%BaseDir%\Temp\VistaPE-Core\BootWimSrc\windows\System32\en-US\bcdedit.exe.mui] to: [%BaseDir%\Target\VistaPE-Core\windows\System32\en-US\bcdedit.exe.mui] FileCopy - Failed to copy [%BaseDir%\Temp\VistaPE-Core\InstallWimSrc\windows\System32\en-US\diskcopy.dll.mui] to: [%BaseDir%\Target\VistaPE-Core\windows\System32\en-US\srvsvc.dll.mui] FileCopy - Failed to copy [%BaseDir%\Temp\VistaPE-Core\InstallWimSrc\Windows\System32\wdi.dll] to: [%BaseDir%\Target\VistaPE-Core\Windows\System32\wdi.dll] FileCopy - Failed to copy [%BaseDir%\Temp\VistaPE-Core\BootWimSrc\sources\recovery\en-US\PssWiz.exe.mui] to: [%BaseDir%\Target\VistaPE-Core\Program Files\WinRE\en-US\PssWiz.exe.mui] FileCopy - Failed to copy [%BaseDir%\Temp\VistaPE-Core\BootWimSrc\sources\recovery\en-US\RecEnv.exe.mui] to: [%BaseDir%\Target\VistaPE-Core\Program Files\WinRE\en-US\RecEnv.exe.mui] FileCopy - Failed to copy [%BaseDir%\Temp\VistaPE-Core\BootWimSrc\sources\recovery\en-US\StartRep.exe.mui] to: [%BaseDir%\Target\VistaPE-Core\Program Files\WinRE\en-US\StartRep.exe.mui] FileCopy - Failed to copy [%BaseDir%\Temp\VistaPE-Core\BootWimSrc\Windows\System32\en-US\bmrui.exe.mui] to: [%BaseDir%\Target\VistaPE-Core\Program Files\WinRE\en-US\bmrui.exe.mui] FileCopy - Failed to copy [%BaseDir%\Temp\VistaPE-Core\BootWimSrc\Windows\System32\en-US\rstrui.exe.mui] to: [%BaseDir%\Target\VistaPE-Core\Program Files\WinRE\en-US\rstrui.exe.mui] Halt

#2 charlestek

charlestek

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 06 February 2009 - 07:27 AM

After disabling the antivirus, I get a successful build!!! Warnings are as follows:

FileCopy - Failed to copy [%BaseDir%\Temp\VistaPE-Core\BootWimSrc\windows\System32\bcdedit.exe] to: [%BaseDir%\Target\VistaPE-Core\windows\System32\bcdedit.exe] FileCopy - Failed to copy [%BaseDir%\Temp\VistaPE-Core\BootWimSrc\windows\System32\en-US\bcdedit.exe.mui] to: [%BaseDir%\Target\VistaPE-Core\windows\System32\en-US\bcdedit.exe.mui] FileCopy - Failed to copy [%BaseDir%\Temp\VistaPE-Core\InstallWimSrc\windows\System32\en-US\diskcopy.dll.mui] to: [%BaseDir%\Target\VistaPE-Core\windows\System32\en-US\srvsvc.dll.mui] FileCopy - Failed to copy [%BaseDir%\Temp\VistaPE-Core\InstallWimSrc\Windows\System32\wdi.dll] to: [%BaseDir%\Target\VistaPE-Core\Windows\System32\wdi.dll] FileCopy - Failed to copy [%BaseDir%\Temp\VistaPE-Core\BootWimSrc\sources\recovery\en-US\PssWiz.exe.mui] to: [%BaseDir%\Target\VistaPE-Core\Program Files\WinRE\en-US\PssWiz.exe.mui] FileCopy - Failed to copy [%BaseDir%\Temp\VistaPE-Core\BootWimSrc\sources\recovery\en-US\RecEnv.exe.mui] to: [%BaseDir%\Target\VistaPE-Core\Program Files\WinRE\en-US\RecEnv.exe.mui] FileCopy - Failed to copy [%BaseDir%\Temp\VistaPE-Core\BootWimSrc\sources\recovery\en-US\StartRep.exe.mui] to: [%BaseDir%\Target\VistaPE-Core\Program Files\WinRE\en-US\StartRep.exe.mui] FileCopy - Failed to copy [%BaseDir%\Temp\VistaPE-Core\BootWimSrc\Windows\System32\en-US\bmrui.exe.mui] to: [%BaseDir%\Target\VistaPE-Core\Program Files\WinRE\en-US\bmrui.exe.mui] FileCopy - Failed to copy [%BaseDir%\Temp\VistaPE-Core\BootWimSrc\Windows\System32\en-US\rstrui.exe.mui] to: [%BaseDir%\Target\VistaPE-Core\Program Files\WinRE\en-US\rstrui.exe.mui] Exiting... Can not find NT Backup in your system FileCopy - Failed to copy [%BaseDir%\Temp\VistaPE-Core\BootWimSrc\windows\System32\dbgeng.dll] to: [%BaseDir%\Target\VistaPE-Core\windows\System32\dbgeng.dll] FileCopy - Failed to copy [%BaseDir%\Temp\VistaPE-Core\BootWimSrc\windows\System32\dbghelp.dll] to: [%BaseDir%\Target\VistaPE-Core\windows\System32\dbghelp.dll] Could not download Partedmagic, please check URLS, maybe a new version is out and the URLs changed.

#3 JonF

JonF

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1185 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 06 February 2009 - 04:05 PM

Those warnings mostly can be ignored; I haven't checked all the ones you posted, but most of them are harmless. The final one indicates that you can't download Linux Partition Edit Mgic, which is becasue the URL has changed. See PartedMagic3.x.script.

#4 charlestek

charlestek

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 06 February 2009 - 04:11 PM

Jon,

Thanks. I wonder if I download Avira and use uniextract, I can get the avipbb.inf
file.....

#5 JonF

JonF

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1185 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 06 February 2009 - 04:25 PM

I seem to recall some errors in the original Avira script ... try this, which is almost ready to release, just needs better handling of the EULA which isn't working right now: Avira JonF.

#6 charlestek

charlestek

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 06 February 2009 - 04:36 PM

Jon,

Thanks, I will try it. I am going to post another thread about loading scripts, I have downloaded xVPE AvgFree.7z
and AdAwareSE.7z, on unzipping they are 8 and 10mg big "scripts?"

I stupidly tried pasting the 8mg script into the tools script window, but that makes no sense. I tried the add files pointing to the .7z zips and then entered a filename and chose the antivirus application folder location. I hit "create" and the process says it did something, but it tells you to "refresh" the main window, and there is no refresh except to toggle download and go back. Anyway Avg nor Adaware show up in the Antivirus folder...

I seem to recall some errors in the original Avira script ... try this, which is almost ready to release, just needs better handling of the EULA which isn't working right now: Avira JonF.

#7 JonF

JonF

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1185 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 06 February 2009 - 05:08 PM

Un-7Z the .7z files, which results in .script files. Copy/move the .script files into %BaseDir%\VistaPE\Apps\{whatever folder makes sense to you}, where %BaseDir% is the directory in which you will find WinBuilder.exe. If you have a "Refresh" button at the top right of the WinBuilder window, click it; otherwise, close WInBuilder and re-open it. Your scripts should appear.

BTW, it's a good idea to not have spaces in the paths (for example, %BaseDir%). Not all scripts handle them properly.

The two scripts you downloaded contain encoded copies of all the application's files. This makes sense for Ad-Aware SE, which cannot be downloaded any more (the more recent versions are very difficult to get working in WinPE projects) or for any app for which downloading and extracting the appropriate files is very tricky. It makes less sense for Avira, which only needs downloading and extracting to obtain a working set of files.

#8 dera

dera

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1335 posts
  •  
    Hungary

Posted 06 February 2009 - 08:43 PM

I think the 'FileCopy' error appears when the file is already exist in the target folder
probably it is better to use the 'CopyOrExpand'

Edit:
e.g.
if the file '%target%\xyz.dll' is already exist
then the command
FileCopy,%source%\xyz.dll ,%target%\xyz.dll
gives error

but
FileCopy,%source%\xyz.dll ,%target%
or
CopyOrExpand,%source%\abc.dll,%target%\xyz.dll
doesn't give error

#9 JonF

JonF

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1185 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 07 February 2009 - 07:25 PM

I think the 'FileCopy' error appears when the file is already exist in the target folder

Yes. There are some lines that copy the build-source language files and then copy the English language files; if the build-source language is English that generates several warnings.

There are at least two places where there are two identical copy lines one-after-the-other, which will always generate warnigns.

#10 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  • Interests:What somebody else cannot do.
  •  
    European Union

Posted 07 February 2009 - 07:40 PM

probably it is better to use the 'CopyOrExpand'

Edit:
e.g.
if the file '%target%\xyz.dll' is already exist
then the command
FileCopy,%source%\xyz.dll ,%target%\xyz.dll
gives error

but
FileCopy,%source%\xyz.dll ,%target%
or
CopyOrExpand,%source%\abc.dll,%target%\xyz.dll
doesn't give error

Try with WB 076 in CodeBox:
[process]

FileCopy,C:\boot.ini,%TargetDir%\x

FileCopy,C:\boot.ini,%TargetDir%\x
That will give no error!
I removed the WARNING, not ERROR if the file exists. A couple of users wanted this.
(IMHO the warning should remain. Maybe there is a 'special version' overwritten by the 'M$ standard')

If here there is an ERROR, something else is wrong.

Peter

#11 dera

dera

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1335 posts
  •  
    Hungary

Posted 07 February 2009 - 08:01 PM

at me using WB 076 there is warning if i try copy two different .bmp e.g.

FileCopy,C:\windows\first.bmp,%TargetDir%\first.bmp
FileCopy,C:\windows\second.bmp,%TargetDir%\first.bmp

#12 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 07 February 2009 - 08:15 PM

at me using WB 076 there is warning if i try copy two different .bmp e.g.

FileCopy,C:\windows\first.bmp,%TargetDir%\first.bmp
FileCopy,C:\windows\second.bmp,%TargetDir%\first.bmp

maybe I already changed it in my system, and it will come into the next release.

Sorry that I confused.

Please allow me that I do not go back to older versions, just to check.

The issue is not so important.

@ALL: A warning is a HINT that something MAY cause troubles. To resolve the warnings, is in the responsibility of the developers, like:

If,EXISTFILE,blabala,Begin

<do something which is reasonable here>

End

Else,FileCopy,blabla,...

Peter

#13 dera

dera

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1335 posts
  •  
    Hungary

Posted 07 February 2009 - 08:30 PM

ok
it was not complain about it
I just wanted to explain why users experience these warnings using WB 076 with the VistaPE project

#14 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 07 February 2009 - 09:41 PM

ok
it was not complain about it
I just wanted to explain why users experience these warnings using WB 076 with the VistaPE project

:poke:

Peter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users