2 replies to this topic

#1 allanf

allanf

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1256 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 03:26 PM

[attachment=7369:YourWIM_WB.gif]

Unzip the folowing to a folder inside '...\Winbuilder\Projects\'.

[attachment=7370:YourWIM.zip]

The Source Directory to use is '...\Windows AIK\' from a WAIK 1.1 installation.

1. Navigate to a .wim file, and press 'play'. This executes 'imagex /info' to open a cmd window displaying info about the .wim, including the numbers and names of images inside the .wim file. The info is a bit hard to decipher, being in xml format.

Close the cmd window to proceed.

2. Choose an Image Index Number, check the box and press 'play'. After the first cmd window is closed, another window pops up briefly for the 'imagex /mountrw' command. A 'mount' folder is created in the same folder as the script.

Then a second cmd window is opened displaying the result of the 'peimg /list' command. This shows details of the packages installed (+) or staged (-), as well as some other details such as time-zone, language, etc. Whilst that window remains open, it is possible to view the contents of the mounted image in the 'mount' folder.

Close that cmd window and another pops up briefly for the 'imagex /unmount' command. The 'mount' folder is unmounted, and its contents disappear.

That's it!

If you have .wim files all over the place - like I do - you might find this tool (project? ... not really) useful.

Regards

#2 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 03 February 2009 - 10:34 PM

I like your intention, thank you for sharing this tool.

Will likely give it some use soon.

Sometimes I feel the same and it gets so confusing to know where is what I need since all files and WIM's always seem to scattered all over the disk.. :cheers:

#3 allanf

allanf

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1256 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 11:18 PM

... Sometimes I feel the same and it gets so confusing to know where is what I need since all files and WIM's always seem to scattered all over the disk.. B)

You said it! ... :cheers: ... For testing, I'm dual-booting XP and my projects from the same partition so constantly changing, updating, renaming, and replacing the boot.wim in my c:\sources. Not to mention playing around with the base winpe.wim to build my projects. I've got got WinPE3s and WinPE2s - some prepped. some packaged, some exported... committed ... captured ... and a few 'dism'ed. You name it, I've probably got it... somewhere! ... :cheers: ...

I came up with this project/tool to help me clear out some of the junk out.

Thinking the tool could actually be expanded upon to provide a GUI with all (or most?) of the imagex features found in tools like gimagex PLUS the functions of peimg (or, later, dism)!

... anyone interested?

Regards

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users