WinBuilder 076

• Please log in to reply
190 replies to this topic

#1 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 02 February 2009 - 09:07 PM

Hi everyone.

It's my pleasure to announce to the rest of our community that winbuilder 076 stable is now available at the winbuilder site.

Having a stable edition released doesn't mean of course that it's free of bugs nor needs to continue being improved over future versions, it's just a version that is considered as stable to be used by other projects.

This is the first winbuilder version that involves the direct cooperation of other talented developers like PSC and Booty#1 to work on the script engine source code, it's thanks to them that many of the amazing improvements on winbuilder today are possible in version 076.

-------------------

The detailed log of changes should follow soon, it's just that too many changes have occured since version 074 a year ago that I think it's quicker and better to try out the new version and evaluate yourself the changes.

For the future, we will try to release a single beta after this stable is published and then release another stable update two months after the date that the last stable was published. This way there shouldn't be much of a gap between stable versions and help to keep things simple and organized for everyone.

------------------------

Here is the download link:
http://winbuilder.ne...oad.php?view.37

Hope you enjoy this new winbuilder.. :cheers:

#2 Galapo

Galapo

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 3841 posts
  •  
    Australia

Posted 02 February 2009 - 09:47 PM

Thank you Nuno, Peter, and Booty#1! You're long and hard work on this is definitely appreciated.

Thanks,
Galapo.

#3 homes32

homes32

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1035 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 02 February 2009 - 10:14 PM

thanks for all the hard work guys!

a pretty good list of changes can be found here for those of you who are curious.

#4 MedEvil

MedEvil

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 7771 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 10:22 PM

I can't believe it, another stable during my lifetime? The gods must be smiling down on me! :cheers:

Many thanks, for all your effort and time to all the busy bees involved in this mission impossible! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

B) :cheers:

#5 Xtremee

Xtremee

• Advanced user
  • 83 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 02 February 2009 - 11:09 PM

Thanks for you and all other forum members that keep WB up :cheers:

#6 allanf

allanf

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1256 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 12:52 AM

Congratulations, Nuno and the team. Cigars all round.

Regards

#7 Shirin Zaban

Shirin Zaban

Frequent Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 423 posts
  • Interests:1_Making Unattended and Customized XP<br /><br />2_Making different types of Bootable and Multiboot CD/DVD<br /><br />3_Like to learn more about grub and grub4DOS
  •  
    Iran

Posted 03 February 2009 - 03:53 AM

Hi Nuno

Thanks a lot for hard work

#8 CD-RW

CD-RW

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 03 February 2009 - 04:41 AM

Many Thanks :cheers: Nuno and all others, PSC (Peter) and Booty, for this fantastic work. B) :cheers:

kare
--

#9 dirkgently42

dirkgently42

• Advanced user
  • 17 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 03 February 2009 - 05:16 AM

build halts on Verify Project [!WBVerify.Script]

I don't think this is a XP source error (my source is XP Pro SP2).
The reported warnings seem to be checking for previous winbuilder files.
I've been away for awhile, so these files would not be present for me.
A brand new user would probably experience the same.

Seems like WBVerify needs to allow for first time users.

Generated by psc program 'WBVerify' version 2.2.0
Date: 2009-Feb-02 22:58:15

[Counts]
Missing=0
Obsolete=0
Errors=0
Warnings=4

Warnings:
Problem with line: Call "WBVersion" (Build Model,075); (If {%Build Model:Main.Selected%} & {%script.project:Main.WBVersion%<075} Then "Build Model needs at least version 075 of WinBuilder":cheers:
Problem with line: Call "WBVersion" (Copy and Expand files,071.03); (If {%Copy and Expand files:Main.Selected%} & {%script.project:Main.WBVersion%<071.03} Then "Copy and Expand files needs at least version 071.03 of WinBuilder":cheers:
Problem with line: Call "WBVersion" (ImDisk,071.03); (If {%ImDisk:Main.Selected%} & {%script.project:Main.WBVersion%<071.03} Then "ImDisk needs at least version 071.03 of WinBuilder"B)
Problem with line: Call "WBVersion" (Explorer,071.03); (If {%Explorer:Main.Selected%} & {%script.project:Main.WBVersion%<071.03} Then "Explorer needs at least version 071.03 of WinBuilder":cheers:

#10 Galapo

Galapo

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 3841 posts
  •  
    Australia

Posted 03 February 2009 - 05:29 AM

Seems like WBVerify needs to allow for first time users.

Well, not exactly. It is a well-know bug with WBVerify that only occurs on some systems. Because of the inconsistency, it has been difficult for Peter to reproduce the bug on his own system and fix it.

Regards,
Galapo.

#11 TheHive

TheHive

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 4199 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 06:14 AM

Thanks for the hard work. Been looking forward to this Stable 76.

#12 szubi

szubi
  • Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
    Poland

Posted 03 February 2009 - 06:24 AM

Thanks a lot - will try it today.

PS
Been missing to the forum for a long time - and I'm happy I'm back B)

#13 Ove

Ove

.script developer

• .script developer
  • 192 posts
  •  
    Romania

Posted 03 February 2009 - 07:05 AM

Great to see a new build.
But I have a problem with it :cheers:
I use a proxy here to connect to the internet, and although I type it in, WB says it can't access those servers.
I type 10.0.0.50 in "proxy" and 8080 in "port" and tick the "use proxy" checkbox. (by the way, the tab order in the proxy section is kinda backwards)
I don't use a username and password, and I leave all the "FTP" fields empty". Then I go back to the "Main" tab, and click "Download list of web servers". This brings up a message box saying "None of the selected servers could be accessed. Perhaps you need to define proxy access".

#14 wimb

wimb

Platinum Member

• Developer
  • 3756 posts
  • Interests:Boot and Install from USB
  •  
    Netherlands

Posted 03 February 2009 - 07:47 AM

Congratulations, Nuno, PSC and Booty#1, with the Release of version 076 :cheers:

Thanks,

wimb

#15 MichaelZ

MichaelZ

Frequent Member

• Team Reboot
  • 333 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 03 February 2009 - 08:10 AM

It's my pleasure to announce to the rest of our community that winbuilder 076 stable is now available at the winbuilder site.

Many thanks to all the people how contributed. :cheers:

I guess my download of 075 beta 6f _yesterday_ was not really necessary :cheers:

Btw, probably the naming scheme of betas could be modified? Instead of restarting with capital letter A after 26 betas one could name them za, zb etc.? Storing the two files
WinBuilder 075 Beta 5a.exe
and
WinBuilder 075 Beta 5A.exe
in the same directory is quite difficult B)

Many Greetings
MichaelZ

#16 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  • Interests:What somebody else cannot do.
  •  
    European Union

Posted 03 February 2009 - 08:30 AM

Great to see a new build.
But I have a problem with it :cheers:
I use a proxy here to connect to the internet, and although I type it in, WB says it can't access those servers.
I type 10.0.0.50 in "proxy" and 8080 in "port" and tick the "use proxy" checkbox. (by the way, the tab order in the proxy section is kinda backwards)
I don't use a username and password, and I leave all the "FTP" fields empty". Then I go back to the "Main" tab, and click "Download list of web servers". This brings up a message box saying "None of the selected servers could be accessed. Perhaps you need to define proxy access".

Hi Ove!

Didn't hear from you since a long time.

What is bad for you is good for me. Here is a real description about issues with the proxy.

Can you please open a bug report with the issue?

Thanks

Peter

#17 Lancelot

Lancelot

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 5013 posts
  • Interests:*Mechanical stuff and Physics,
    *LiveXP, BartPE, SherpyaXPE,
    *Basketball and Looong Walking,
    *Buying outwear for my girlf (Reason: Girls are stupid about buying bad stuff to make themselves uglier :))
    *Girls (Lyric: Girl,...., You will be a womann, Soon)
    *Answering questions for "Meaning of life",
    *Helping people,

Kung with LiveXP, Fu with Peter :)
  •  
    Turkey

Posted 03 February 2009 - 08:53 AM

Thank you a lot to, Nuno, Peter, Booty#1, and all others who i dont know. :cheers: :cheers: B)

dirkgently42, i am sad to read that :cheers:, you are the 4th who reported this, i was crossing fingers for 076 not to get this issue, crossing fingers didnt work :cheers:

MichaelZ :cheers: , same logic we have, but i dont bother version number, in my winbuilder folder i have: .....WinBuilder075_Beta5y.rar, WinBuilder075_Beta5z.rar, WinBuilder075_Beta5zA.rar, WinBuilder075_Beta5zB.rar,...., WinBuilder075_Beta6.7z, WinBuilder075_Beta6a.rar,...,WinBuilder076.zip :cheers:

#18 joalke

joalke

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
    Sweden

Posted 03 February 2009 - 09:30 AM

Hi and thanks for your hard work.
Tried the new 076 with WIN server 2008 Trial EN_DVD
as the source. Got these Warnings and Errors:

Errors
RegRead - Failed to read specified key from: [HKLM]Section: [SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\WimFltr] Key: [DisplayName] to variable:: [%RegName%]

ExtractFile - Failed to expand file: [WimUtil.exe] to: [%BaseDir%\Projects\Tools]

Warnings

FileCopy - Failed to copy [%BaseDir%\Temp\VistaPE-Core\BootWimSrc\windows\System32\bcdedit.exe] to: [%BaseDir%\Target\VistaPE-Core\windows\System32\bcdedit.exe]
FileCopy - Failed to copy [%BaseDir%\Temp\VistaPE-Core\BootWimSrc\windows\System32\en-US\bcdedit.exe.mui] to: [%BaseDir%\Target\VistaPE-Core\windows\System32\en-US\bcdedit.exe.mui]
FileCopy - Failed to copy [%BaseDir%\Temp\VistaPE-Core\InstallWimSrc\windows\System32\en-US\diskcopy.dll.mui] to: [%BaseDir%\Target\VistaPE-Core\windows\System32\en-US\srvsvc.dll.mui]

Any clues why?

Got rid of the errors by running WimUtil.exe manually once.
But still have the 3 warnings:

Warnings

FileCopy - Failed to copy [%BaseDir%\Temp\VistaPE-Core\BootWimSrc\windows\System32\bcdedit.exe] to: [%BaseDir%\Target\VistaPE-Core\windows\System32\bcdedit.exe]
FileCopy - Failed to copy [%BaseDir%\Temp\VistaPE-Core\BootWimSrc\windows\System32\en-US\bcdedit.exe.mui] to: [%BaseDir%\Target\VistaPE-Core\windows\System32\en-US\bcdedit.exe.mui] FileCopy - Failed to copy [%BaseDir%\Temp\VistaPE-Core\InstallWimSrc\windows\System32\en-US\diskcopy.dll.mui] to: [%BaseDir%\Target\VistaPE-Core\windows\System32\en-US\srvsvc.dll.mui]

3 warning messages

The ISO is running fine despite these warnings.
Only curious why these warnings occurs?

#19 Lancelot

Lancelot

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 5013 posts
  • Interests:*Mechanical stuff and Physics,
    *LiveXP, BartPE, SherpyaXPE,
    *Basketball and Looong Walking,
    *Buying outwear for my girlf (Reason: Girls are stupid about buying bad stuff to make themselves uglier :))
    *Girls (Lyric: Girl,...., You will be a womann, Soon)
    *Answering questions for "Meaning of life",
    *Helping people,

Kung with LiveXP, Fu with Peter :)
  •  
    Turkey

Posted 03 February 2009 - 09:35 AM

And an error from me :cheers:

when i click "Clean Temporary Files" on gui of livexp, i get these (shown in pictures)

http://img129.images...18/snap1qi4.gif
http://img26.imagesh...30/snap2dr5.gif

Going back to wb075b6c B)

#20 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 03 February 2009 - 10:22 AM

@Nuno!

And an error from me :cheers:

when i click "Clean Temporary Files" on gui of livexp, i get these (shown in pictures)

http://img129.images...18/snap1qi4.gif
http://img26.imagesh...30/snap2dr5.gif

This bug is introduced in the new 'unattended'. B)

The syntax
&#39;restore 5 project &#34;V&#58;\WB\wb debug\Projects\LiveXP\script.project&#34; &#34;V&#58;\WB\wb debug\Projects\LiveXP\script.project&#34;&#39;
generated by RescanScrips it not recognized, because:

If there is none of the known switches /open, /run, /edit use /open

But here generally ther should not be a restart, just as the name says, a rescan.

Peter

#21 larsm

larsm

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 03 February 2009 - 10:55 AM

Hi

i have a strange bug in wb 076. wb allways starts in a very small window-size. when i maximize it, only the window is maximized, not the interface in it:

Posted Image Posted Image

i want to use my full screen.

larsm

#22 MichaelZ

MichaelZ

Frequent Member

• Team Reboot
  • 333 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 03 February 2009 - 12:06 PM

In WinBuilder 076 the 'Refresh' button has disappeared. Last version where I've seen it was 075 beta 5H. Personally I would like to have it back. I rearrange quite often project folder structures from outside WinBuilder using a file manager. This button allowed it so one didn't have to close and reopen WinBuilder.

Many Greetings
MichaelZ

#23 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 03 February 2009 - 12:10 PM

In WinBuilder 076 the 'Refresh' button has disappeared. Last version where I've seen it was 075 beta 5H. Personally I would like to have it back. I rearrange quite often project folder structures from outside WinBuilder using a file manager. This button allowed it so one didn't have to close and reopen WinBuilder.

Many Greetings
MichaelZ

You can define the visibility of that button using Tools > Options.

Peter

#24 MichaelZ

MichaelZ

Frequent Member

• Team Reboot
  • 333 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 03 February 2009 - 12:27 PM

You can define the visibility of that button using Tools > Options.

Back again :cheers:

Thanks for the info, Peter.
MichaelZ

#25 madhopsman

madhopsman

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 03 February 2009 - 01:13 PM

Thanks for all the hard work guys, Looks good....except for this. When I go to edit a script, the colors are all funny looking. See attached image. Is this normal?

winbuilder076.jpg

Hi

i have a strange bug in wb 076. wb allways starts in a very small window-size. when i maximize it, only the window is maximized, not the interface in it:

Yep, same issue, not to mention that the the script menu items don't always appear until I move my mouse over them, then *poof!* , they show up. I have attached an image of both in action at the same time.

winbuilder076_2.jpg

Neither of these issues occurred on 075 beta 5j.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users