I made some changes to vpeldr.exe
I hope that this will help with the current driver troubles. Anyone who thinks he/she knows what vpeldr.exe is and who is able to replace the original version with the one attached here (replace attached vpeldr.exe in basic configuration and tools script) is welcome testing it.
What i did:
- many small fixes and changes
- it generates a (basic) logfile in system32\vpeldr.log
- completely removed all things related to hardwaredetection and driver installation
- no longer uses uictl.exe to set screen resolution
- no longer uses devmgr.exe
- no longer depending on devcon.exe
- no longer has files like uictl.exe compiled in the vpeldr.exe
- vpeldr.exe no longer scans periodically for new config files (this caused trouble when running from usb HD and i think noone ever used it...)
- fixed startmenu
The reasons for removing the hardware detection:
- for many users loading extra drivers is not needed
- the system starts faster
- unloading already working drivers should no longer happend
- a completely new tool will be developed to just handle driver issues, but i want it out of vpeldr.exe
Please report here how it works for you, especially if you loose any functionallity due to not loaded drivers...thanks!
Edited by Max_Real Qnx, 13 June 2009 - 04:59 PM.
attached new version with very small change