14 replies to this topic

#1 baris7seven

baris7seven
  • Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
    Turkey

Posted 26 January 2009 - 08:14 AM

Aero Studio makes Iso (with which iso engine?) but doesn't support Iso compression like CDimage or Nlite Iso engine... It is very important for me be able to make Iso compression. I'm putting 4 versions of Windows XP in 1 CD. I've my method you know. Classic, Visual, Attend And Unattend etc.. Installs of Windows XP in 1 CD. In normal, the size is 2300 mb but when i use CDimage, for the same files in different places, makes a different Iso compression and Iso size not 2300 mb, under 700 mb!

Because of this, I want to use external program when i create Iso or Aero Studio can use external iso engine like cdimage.exe(not gui) in this page.
Or I can create(If I have to) Iso with Aero Studio. After I can extract Iso content and make Iso again with another program like Cd image? Bootsector problem? I've tried like this;
I created Iso with Aero Studio.
Opened this Iso with Ultra Iso and saved boot record as .bif
Extract Iso to another directory.
Opened Cdimage Gui. Showed directory and boot record.(aero.bif-2 kb boot file)
CDimage created bootable Iso with super-compession.
Tried Iso in Virtual Box but failed...
Aero: Systemfile Checking failed.
Aero will use the console mode..

Where is my mistake? Boot file can't be saved & add later as bif? How?
I've seen on the web multiboot Xp with Aero Studio. Downloaded and looked into that. There was 6 versions of XP like my project in 1 CD.

Note: My mother language is not English. I tried to write very simple to not to make mistake.
Thanks! I hope we could make better this great multiboot project together for everyone.

Take a look at Aero Studio Section.

by the way this is "Hello World" topic, simply you say "Hello World" :cheers:, this is common mistake dont worry.

/turkish+
Aero Studio Section bolumune bakarsin.

bu arada "Merhaba Dunya" konusunda soru sormussun, burada sadece selam cakiyorsun B), arada sirada yapilan bir hatadir kafani takma.

kolay gelsin, iyi sanslar.
/turkish-

Hi Lancelot! (Merhaba multiboot ustası Lancelot :cheers: ! ) Let's write in English.
I Know you from turkish forums like donanimhaber. I've learned from your lessons excellent things like putting Slax into my easyboot Multiboot menu, I hope to make all the things and more with AeroStudio instead of Eastboot.

Looked at that section but I'm still don't know how to create my iso with compression & using external iso engine or program. Please help. After learning this, I will try a lot of things like booting small or big 'bif' files, ima's, iso's and .ini's...(to boot Slax and a lot of things i hope)

#2 Lancelot

Lancelot

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 5013 posts
  • Interests:*Mechanical stuff and Physics,
    *LiveXP, BartPE, SherpyaXPE,
    *Basketball and Looong Walking,
    *Buying outwear for my girlf (Reason: Girls are stupid about buying bad stuff to make themselves uglier :))
    *Girls (Lyric: Girl,...., You will be a womann, Soon)
    *Answering questions for "Meaning of life",
    *Helping people,

Kung with LiveXP, Fu with Peter :)
  •  
    Turkey

Posted 26 January 2009 - 10:45 AM

I really dont know the answers of your questions, Never had time to migrate to AeroStudio (but only read things written time to time) and never used compressed iso. We have a whole section for AeroStudio including some very nice tutorials. I hope section helps.

Welcome to boot-land :cheers:

#3 baris7seven

baris7seven
  • Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
    Turkey

Posted 26 January 2009 - 11:39 AM

I hope that someone could help.
Am I have to make iso with AeroStudio without iso compression ? :cheers:
If there is no way, will never be able to use this great multiboot program...

#4 was_jaclaz

was_jaclaz

Finder

• Advanced user
  • 7101 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 26 January 2009 - 11:49 AM

Just for the record:
1) there is NO such thing as "nlite iso engine"
2) there is NO compression with CDimage

CDimage, which is a tool for "Microsoft internal use only", as well as oscdimg.exe (freely usable) and mkisofs (Freely usable, freeware and open source) can make use of a feature of the CDFS (read ISO 9660 and its modifications and updates) that can represent multiple IDENTICAL files as one file + multiple redirections to the same.

There is NO compression whatsoever involved.

The option is -duplicates-once in mkisofs.

I don't know how Aerostudio works, but you can always extract contents of the (BIG) .iso made by Aerostudio and re-create a .iso with makeisofs.exe with the -duplicates-once switch added.

jaclaz

#5 baris7seven

baris7seven
  • Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
    Turkey

Posted 26 January 2009 - 12:02 PM

Thanks jaclaz. Yes, you're right.
Ok, I can extract Iso image created by AeroStudio and make iso again.
But boot record must be different. How can i take bootrecord file as .bin?
With ultraiso, i saved the boot record as .bif and created iso with Cdimage Gui. And there was error. If i solve the problem take & integrate again boot record, there will be no problem. How is AeroStudio's boot record, which file it executes i don't know but i have to find a way to create Iso again with another program. I can use simply nlite but what about the bootrecord?
Thanks for your advance.
(My English knowledge is not very good you see, i could write ridiculous sentences sometimes..:cheers:

#6 was_jaclaz

was_jaclaz

Finder

• Advanced user
  • 7101 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 26 January 2009 - 12:27 PM

How can i take bootrecord file as .bin?

http://www.nu2.nu/bbie/
:cheers:

jaclaz

#7 baris7seven

baris7seven
  • Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
    Turkey

Posted 26 January 2009 - 12:53 PM

Yes! Jaclaz BBIE is the right tool. I was used this tool for a long time ago, remembered.
Ok, I've mounted my iso to virtual drive H.
Opened Cmd in BBIE's directory and give this simple code; bbie H:
Succeed to bootrecord as image1.bin
Created Iso with CDimage with this bootrecord. My new iso is bootable, ok.
(I am doing these procedures when i'm writing now..)

And the result... Same.. Unsuccesful..
Posted Image

I don't know why not.. It is very simple to build a bootable iso. Why i'm getting this error, any idea?
You can see the bootrecord file at attachment below.
bootfile just executes aero.sys(I think)
I have to build bootable iso without using aerostudio. Or like this method...
Please try&help.

Attached Files

#8 was_jaclaz

was_jaclaz

Finder

• Advanced user
  • 7101 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 26 January 2009 - 01:31 PM

The general idea of troubleshooting is doing it in steps.
For the moment FORGET about multiversion CD.
Build one "normal" CD .iso with Aerostudio.
Extract it's contants with BBIE + normal tools.
Try re-creating it using mkisofs (as hinted before, CDIMAGE is NOT licensed for use outside Microsoft, and I doubt that if you were a MS employee you would have come here asking for help with Aerostudio :cheers:).

See if it works.

If it does, try again with the multi-version .iso and -duplicates-once switch.

jaclaz

#9 baris7seven

baris7seven
  • Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
    Turkey

Posted 26 January 2009 - 04:35 PM

I use Cdimage everytime, didn't know that. Cdimage works perfect. (Since now..)
Now I've build my Iso with Nlite using mkisofs engine and special bootrecord like your advice. DONE!
I wanted to use cdimage instead of mkisofs because cdimage is faster&better and we dont need to i386 directory in xpcd directory. However, iso compression(!) works for me now. If there will be a problem, I will report this. No problem for now.
Thanks again.
I can work on other topic&works now.
In Turkish forum, we are working on Aero Studio like booting LiveXp, Iso's etc.. Hope to solve some of them. I Will report the results..
I hope it will go smoothly.

#10 jarney

jarney
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 04 February 2009 - 07:16 PM

Hello everyone!

I am new to this software and I am having troubles with it (probably my own fault!)

The first go I had at this went fairly well. I basically have 5 .iso files (Acronis backup and recovery, DBAN, memtest, offline pass reset, and an hp diagnostic disc). I have been trying to put them all on one bootable disc and this software looks like the answer.

The first time I did this, I used the "bcdw (cd)/images/acronis.iso" command for all my images. Only Acronis and MemTest worked, the others gave a Linux error. I tried to convert the iso's that didn't work to .img files to try that out.

This is where the problem really comes for me. Ever since then I have gotten the following error message when attempting to boot from the CD I made:
Posted Image

What am I doing wrong? The process I use is pretty simple. I just design my menu, generate the menu, which saves to "c:\program files\aeromgr\air menus\". I then deploy the menu using source files from "c:\program files\aeromgr\air menus\" and create an .iso. I then use MagicISO and insert my "IMAGES" folder containing the .iso's and .img's into the root of the CD, save the iso and burn.

That is the same process I used the first time and it at least booted to the menu, but now I can no longer even get that far.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

#11 jarney

jarney
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 05 February 2009 - 10:25 PM

Okay, so somehow this problem went away. I just uninstalled Aerostudio and reinstalled it and it has been working great.

Onto my next question. I am trying to add the Offline Password/Registry editor to my cd, along with an HP Diagnostic disc. They are isolinux distro's and I cannot figure out the proper way to "call" the program. I have been trying the bcdw call with such things as "bcdw (cd)/isolinux/isolinux.bin" and different variations trying to call the isolinux.bin file. I don't really understand the isolinux stuff, forgive me. I am looking at examples from places such as the bcdw.ini file used in the UBCD4Win and tried that exact syntax with no luck. I get errors such as "invalid syntax" or "dialog data is too big".

Any thoughts???

#12 was_jaclaz

was_jaclaz

Finder

• Advanced user
  • 7101 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 05 February 2009 - 10:30 PM

Any thoughts???

Lots of them. :cheers:

Some are disturbingly frequent, and they are related to members that don't use SEARCH....B)
http://www.boot-land...?...=4486&st=11
http://www.911cd.net...showtopic=19643
http://www.boot-land...?showtopic=6119

Use grub4dos. :cheers:

jaclaz

#13 Christian

Christian

• Members
  • 56 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 19 February 2009 - 05:05 PM

Here's another question... Can you make your own Theme file (.amt)? I would like to be able to make other buttons instead of importing images so they can be transparent with the background image. Any possibilities?

#14 Christian

Christian

• Members
  • 56 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 20 February 2009 - 05:43 AM

Well.. finally figured it out. Best to use .png files for modifying images for transparency.

#15 useronce

useronce

• Developer
  • 67 posts
  • Interests:graphic multiboot technology, grub, isoemu, xosl, freeldr.
  •  
    China

Posted 24 February 2009 - 02:36 AM

aero studio used mkisofs method to generate the iso file, and MD5 used to get the files digests. so, i think, your iso should less than 3 * size.

as you mensioned, i used use aero studio to generate the graphic boot menus, and use UltraISO to assemble iso contents. later, i extract boot menus iso contents to the iso contents. there should no problem.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users