#1 Lancelot

Lancelot

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 5013 posts
  • Interests:*Mechanical stuff and Physics,
    *LiveXP, BartPE, SherpyaXPE,
    *Basketball and Looong Walking,
    *Buying outwear for my girlf (Reason: Girls are stupid about buying bad stuff to make themselves uglier :))
    *Girls (Lyric: Girl,...., You will be a womann, Soon)
    *Answering questions for "Meaning of life",
    *Helping people,

Kung with LiveXP, Fu with Peter :)
  •  
    Turkey

Posted 24 January 2009 - 08:28 PM

Posted Image

Download Ghost_Lance.script
and put script inside App (application) folder of the project you use

I try to gather all functionalities of ghost scripts in boot-land into one script.

I put many extra shortcuts to remind user some example of usages of ghost.

Usage of script:
1)
Click "**Put/Copy your ghost32.exe files Here" button, this will open a folder, put ghost32.exe + any other files you want for ghost into that opened folder.
2)
Enable script

ps: also for ones who want a portable scripts, they can attach their ghost files into the script, there is "GhostFiles" folder in the script for you to attach.

Tested with LiveXP, and reported working with VistaPE

I Hope you like B)

------------------------------------------
For Advanced users

Also i prepare and additional mini script for users to make their own addings to ghost script. All combinations can not be obtained with a single script. So user can add additions to this script with continuing updating the main script.

Posted Image

Download Ghost_Lance_Additions.script
Start adding your lines after
//Start Adding your personal settings from here
line in the script file.

For Advanced users - END

Extra info about Ghost:
*Is it possible one click partition backup and restore...
-Yes, check post 46 and 47 of current topic

A nice (maybe a bit old) Ghost page:
http://ghost.radified.com/

Ghost Out of VirtualMemory info and -wa switch:
(thanks to funtik for info and picture)
Reason: guessing not having a default pagefile on LiveXP + Using ghost v11 (prior to v11 dont give a warning).
Solution: Using -wa switch not to see pagefile warning :cheers: . Dont worry, this wont effect your tasks on using ghost with LiveXP, I use all the time :cheers:. Also dont bother the info from Symantec , Symantec simply try to force users to buy new products, but we are shiny happy people that use LiveXP with ghost11.
***-wa switch only available for ghost v11, -wa switch option have an internal file version check in script.
As a result a user selecting checboxes (which is already default) for -wa switch by using prior versions of ghost than ghost v11, s/he wont get -wa switch in his shortcuts.

Ghost versions info:
http://en.wikipedia..../Symantec_Ghost

#2 TheHive

TheHive

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 4199 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 03:52 AM

Thanks! I was going to ask if the other script for Vista would work on LiveXP, but that you have already answered with this script.

#3 Lancelot

Lancelot

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 5013 posts
    *Buying outwear for my girlf (Reason: Girls are stupid about buying bad stuff to make themselves uglier :))
    *Helping people,

•  
    Turkey

Posted 25 January 2009 - 08:15 AM

Updated to v2
Help file added for a list of switches of ghost
also you can click "help file" button on gui
Thanks for the idea from allanf

#4 pifpof

pifpof

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
    Germany

Posted 25 January 2009 - 02:05 PM

@Lancelot,

these options are pretty cool!

My first build with your script works very well. Now I have to examine your script to adjust it to my needs.
I need most of the time several parameters to do a backup (like -fro -ir -z9 -tapebuffered). With your version you pass one parameter and you have to decide for source and destination manually. This is sometimes not easy for a less expierenced user (especially when you have identical disks).
So I want to do it the same way like you do with the several entries for CD/DVD.
One entry in the menu could be for disk 1 to disk 2, another to tape and so on.
Can I pass more parameter in the script itself?

The other possibility is to adjust the parameter file after startup. But where is this stored? Is it fix encoded in your scipt and stored on drive x:? Is there a possibility to store it on USB stick itself and offer a edit/save function for the file?

cheers
pifpof

#5 Lancelot

Lancelot

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 5013 posts
    *Helping people,

•  
    Turkey

Posted 26 January 2009 - 01:56 AM

Script updated, runonce option added, also a mini additional script added to make personal addings easly.

@risolutore

any chance to add ghost32 to runonceex in order to start before the hw configuration?..
Sometimes we need to do an instant ghost of a partition.. and we don',t need to have all hardware recognition, but only the disk partitions...

script updated, and "Add runonceex Shorcut" option added. X: is default %systemdrive% for LiveXP, B). I hope this is what you need. :cheers:

@pifpof

Can I pass more parameter in the script itself?

Yes, prepare some parameter files (parameter2 parameter3...etc) and put them in ghost source directory by clicking "....click here" button. Than edit Ghost_Lance_Additions.script and find line
Starting with
than add lines of shorcut you want to see.
example:
prepare a pifpofparameter1.txt, put it in ghost source directoy, add this line to Ghost_Lance_Additions.script

Add_Shortcut,StartMenu,"%pTextBox1%\Ghost32_Extra","%PE_Programs%\%ProgramFolder%\ghost32.exe","pifpofparameter1 Ghost32",,"@pifpofparameter1.txt"
Make your build, test with a virtual pc (or what ever test you like).

Make some tests with changing things, i am sure you will figure out the answer of your questions after some trials, i can only put examples of usage, i can not prepare all switches for all combinations, further is up to the user. Good luck :cheers:

#6 risolutore

risolutore

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 311 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 27 January 2009 - 04:04 PM

@Lance maybe in the spare time we could start to work on Ghost14 script. the *V2i container file, is used and is not compatible with Ghost 11, that was the last ver supporting thi legacy type of imaging. I also know that also on 911cd forum about three years ago was started a plugin for BartPe using the Ghost, but it seems to be not very well continued, concernig with hpc data streams.. and DotNet plugin.
We have to take all this type of plugin working side by side XD

#7 Lancelot

Lancelot

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 5013 posts
    *Helping people,

•  
    Turkey

Posted 27 January 2009 - 09:43 PM

risolutore
oneday B)
but not today :cheers:
currently ghost7 (and 11 at pe :cheers: ) satisfy all my personal needs. I read things about *V2i, maybe one day.
Good news for you we have a dotnet2 plugin which is working for livexp, and maybe we will have a better dotnet plugin for livexp with lodr pack in future.
Good luck :cheers:

#8 JonF

JonF

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1185 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 28 January 2009 - 11:32 PM

Nice script!

ps: if an experienced can help, i can enable RunFromRam,False - True option. I dont know what it is but required lines are ready in script in case someone helps.

"Run from RAM" really means "Run from Boot.wim". If I understand bootSDI well enough (and I think I do, although I could understand it much more than I do), it is the same as loading the program's directory into BootSDI.img.

If a program is run from RAM it is stored as part of the RAMdisk image that is loaded at boot time, and from which the system boots. It may load faster when started. Its directory will be writable (using FBWF). Its directory is a subdirectory of X:\Program Files. VistaPE's memory usage is increased by the size of the program's directory.

If a program is not run from RAM it is part of the CD image (which includes the file boot.wim). It may load slower. It will be in a read-only directory. Its directory is a subdirectory of {drive}:\Programs, where {drive} is the first available drive letter (determined at boot time, unknown at build time).

Just to complicate things, there is also a global Run from RAM setting that, when set to True, overrides the setting in your script. So, even if you include "RunFromRam, False" in your script your application may wind up running from RAM. If you include "RunFromRAM,True" your program will always run from RAM until someone like me (who likes minimal memory footprint) edits the script to change it.

It is a good idea to include a RunFromRAM,... line in your script, because that sets up the appropriate variables and settings, including taking into account the global Run from RAM setting.

To run in VistaPE, any registry settings that involve a path to your application's directory should be added using RegAddBoot instead of Reg_Add. When not running from RAM the true value of %PE_Programs% is not know until boot time. So the lines:

reg_add,0x2,"%reg%\Classes\Ghost\DefaultIcon","","%PE_Programs%\%ProgramFolder%\ghostexp.exe,0"...reg_add,0x2,"%reg%\Classes\Ghost\shell\open\command","","#$q%PE_Programs%\%ProgramFolder%\ghostexp.exe#$q #$q%1#$q"

will not create the correct registry entries when running in VistaPE. They should be:

RegAddBoot,"HKLM",0x2,"Software\Classes\Ghost\DefaultIcon","","%PE_Programs%\%ProgramFolder%\ghostexp.exe,0"...RegAddBoot,"HKLM",0x2,"Software\Classes\Ghost\shell\open\command","","#$q%PE_Programs%\%ProgramFolder%\ghostexp.exe#$q #$q%1#$q"

These lines do not have to be executed while any hives are loaded. I tend to put them off by themselves, but that is not necessary.

Pedrole added RegAddBoot to the LiveXP API, so in Live XP RegAddBoot acts just like Reg_Add.

Edited by JonF, 29 January 2009 - 01:16 AM.
Clarity

#9 twindude

twindude

Frequent Member

• Members
  • 150 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 04:26 AM

i can not get these two scripts to show up in wb75b6

any help please

downloaded and add to app/disk tools

but before build they do not show up??

#10 amalux

amalux

Platinum Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 2813 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 31 January 2009 - 04:41 AM

i can not get these two scripts to show up in wb75b6

any help please

downloaded and add to app/disk tools

but before build they do not show up??

Open the scripts in any text editor and check in the top section that Level=5, if not change it to 5 and save - (just checked and they are) now look in WB's script tree again and make sure they're checked.

Can you give a screenshot of script dir and tree to show what you mean?

#11 Lancelot

Lancelot

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 5013 posts
    *Helping people,

•  
    Turkey

Posted 31 January 2009 - 08:31 AM

twindude

maybe closing winbuilder.exe and opening again will help you to see in the list,
only
they are not selected when downloaded (Selected=False), ghost32.exe is a commercial product which i dont put file in my script,
as written in first post:

Click "**Put ghost32.exe....." button, this will open a folder, put ghost32.exe + any other files you want for ghost into that opened folder.

now i make an adding to first post saying "enable script" :cheers:

#12 twindude

twindude

Frequent Member

• Members
  • 150 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 01:43 PM

ok, cloesed and reopen wb - no good
i changed the level to 5 - no good

i own ghost and have the files locally, from my BartPE build..

however i can't get this to show up in WB to add to build

can these scripts point locally?

#13 Lancelot

Lancelot

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 5013 posts
    *Helping people,

•  
    Turkey

Posted 31 January 2009 - 02:18 PM

can these scripts point locally?

no sense if you can not see scripts on winbuilder, and i couldnt figure out why you can not see yet.

here is a mini livexp (~15mb) for you to test, everthing works nice with it (just tested), i hope it helps you to find out what is wrong.

1) download - http://lancelot.winb...um_wb075b6c.rar
2) follow Usage of script instructions at post 1 (do not download scripts, ghost scripts are already in apps\1twindude)

#14 twindude

twindude

Frequent Member

• Members
  • 150 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 06:06 PM

i'm using Vistape.. will this still work?

#15 Lancelot

Lancelot

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 5013 posts
    *Helping people,

•  
    Turkey

Posted 31 January 2009 - 06:10 PM

twindude

It should be working, i prepare my scripts to work both with vistape and livexp (i am told that it should work both with vistape and livexp if api used). I dont have a vistape to try, better if a vistape user comment about this.

#16 twindude

twindude

Frequent Member

• Members
  • 150 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 06:16 PM

ok will test now.. thanks
stay tune

twindude

It should be working, i prepare my scripts to work both with vistape and livexp (i am told that it should work both with vistape and livexp if api used). I dont have a vistape to try, better if a vistape user comment about this.

#17 twindude

twindude

Frequent Member

• Members
  • 150 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 06:19 PM

they are showing up now.. will continue to test

thanks

#18 twindude

twindude

Frequent Member

• Members
  • 150 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 01:53 AM

working now.. good..

now i need upgrade my ghost.....lol

#19 risolutore

risolutore

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 311 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 10 February 2009 - 08:39 PM

Tested on LiveXP and it works. Now I will modify the shortcut in the start menu :poke: in order to make it clear into a submenu with Ghost32 standard and the others with option. ..

#20 funtik

funtik

• Members
  • 75 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 11 February 2009 - 12:54 AM

That is what I was looking for! I love it!
Thanks Lancelot!

P.S. My two cents, check this out guys:
Absolutely FREE aspi driver! Hurry up! :poke:
http://www.frogaspi....ad.htm#frogaspi

Supports: Windows 2000, Windows XP\2003 (32 & 64 bits), Windows Vista (32 & 64 bits).

#21 twindude

twindude

Frequent Member

• Members
  • 150 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 02:03 AM

how can i add this driver, to VistaPE build..

on the fly maye?

#22 funtik

funtik

• Members
  • 75 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 11 February 2009 - 03:20 AM

To twindude:

Usage of script:
1)
Click "**Put ghost32.exe file to %GlobalTemplates%....." button, this will open a folder, put ghost32.exe + any other files <- (HERE) you want for ghost into that opened folder.

It is written in the first post. :poke:

#23 Sirquil

Sirquil

Frequent Member

• Advanced user
  • 108 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 26 February 2009 - 08:38 PM

I have retail version of Norton Ghost 9; I have looked for ghost32.exe and have not found the file. Do I need a different version of Ghost for the ghost32.exe file?

#24 Lancelot

Lancelot

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 5013 posts
    *Helping people,

•  
    Turkey

Posted 27 February 2009 - 09:21 AM

Sirquil

since ghost8 there is ghost32.exe http://en.wikipedia..../Symantec_Ghost. I dont know how to obtain the file from retail setup of ghost9, maybe name is different or maybe you need to create a client iso-img etc first. As you have a retail version, there must be a way. :cheers: good luck.

twindude
you can read vista and x64 is supported with ghost11 here:
http://en.wikipedia..../Symantec_Ghost

funtik
very thank you for useful posts :cheers:

#25 funtik

funtik

• Members
  • 75 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 11 March 2009 - 05:43 AM

Lancelot,

What could it be? When I launch Ghost32 I get this warning message: “Windows - Out of Virtual Memory”. This happens only ones, after first run of Ghost application. And, do you know how to disable “About Symantec Ghost” window?

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users