Photo
- - - - -

VistaPE 12 and Virtual PC Additions, Works 100% (minus sound)

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 madhopsman

madhopsman

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 23 January 2009 - 03:18 AM

Well, after MANY hours of toiling, I have created a script for VistaPE that adds the drivers for Virtual PC 2007 (It's what I use for testing builds). The video driver installs fine, and the mouse filter is working, but not correctly. The mouse can seamlessy go between Virtual PC and the host OS, but is unusable in the guest. Also, not all the services start automatically. I will post what I have done so far in the hopes that these last few hurtles can be overcome by others more knowledgeable than me. Any takers?

Update: Everything now works! As an aside, you do NOT need to wait for the "Virtual Machine Additions Services Application" or ""Virtual Machine Additions Shared Folder Service" to start, nor does the S3 driver need to be loaded for Drag-And-Drop to function. The only thing that doesn't function is th resize on the fly. I had it working with my older script. I will try and get that working as well.

Update to the update: Resize on the fly is working now, too. I should also mention that the "Shared Folders" does work as well. This script does NOT have the sound drive installed. If anyone finds it necessary, let me know and I can try and add it.

Thanks to JonF for the finding old script and thanks to Max_Real, Qnx for NightMan for writing the old script.
Attached File  VirtualPC.script   538.47KB   339 downloads

#2 bishr

bishr
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
    Bahrain

Posted 26 January 2009 - 03:26 PM

Well, after MANY hours of toiling, I have created a script for VistaPE that adds the drivers for Virtual PC 2007 (It's what I use for testing builds). The video driver installs fine, and the mouse filter is working, but not correctly. The mouse can seamlessy go between Virtual PC and the host OS, but is unusable in the guest. Also, not all the services start automatically. I will post what I have done so far in the hopes that these last few hurtles can be overcome by others more knowledgeable than me. Any takers?

great work. this will surely be better than MOA. hope you have something concrete soon.

#3 was_jaclaz

was_jaclaz

Finder

• Advanced user
  • 7100 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 26 January 2009 - 04:05 PM

this will surely be better than MOA.

WHY? :cheers:

jaclaz

#4 bishr

bishr
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
    Bahrain

Posted 26 January 2009 - 06:02 PM

WHY? :cheers:

jaclaz

first because i found MSVPC2007SP1 to be better than VMPlayer, and second because VistaPE 12 uses WinBuilder which is better that pebuilder. also, i found the MOA setup to be completely impossible after waisting like a dozen CDs. it just keeps saying it cannot find the VMWare software.

anyway, best of luck in the efforts to get this project up and running.

#5 sanbarrow

sanbarrow

Silver Member

• Developer
  • 788 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 06:29 PM

... it just keeps saying it cannot find the VMWare software.

FYI - thats a feature - you should read the instructions - and ask questions if you do not understand it

#6 JonF

JonF

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1185 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 27 January 2009 - 01:29 PM

I use Virtual PC too.

Here's what NightMan used to distribute with VistaPE. I think everything works except you can't drag files between the guest and the host.

Too busy right now to see where the scripts differ.

http://vistape.flemi...PC/VirtualPC.7z

#7 madhopsman

madhopsman

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 28 January 2009 - 01:11 AM

I use Virtual PC too.

Here's what NightMan used to distribute with VistaPE. I think everything works except you can't drag files between the guest and the host.

Too busy right now to see where the scripts differ.

http://vistape.flemi...PC/VirtualPC.7z

Awesome. I will check this out. I going to do a build right with this one and post my results. My main concern is getting the mouse and copy hooks working properly. After a cursory glance over this script, I can see that the registry entries are almost identical (save for a few lines). He did have some other statements in there that look like they may force the services to start (which IS an issue with mine). Maybe this will help...

#8 madhopsman

madhopsman

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 28 January 2009 - 01:51 AM

Ok, NightMan's mouse filter drivers works great, but the video driver does not load. I will try and merge the two together and try and maybe get the File Copy hooks working too.

Update: I replaced the files in Nightman's script with mine, now the video AND mouse work fine. I will update my first post with it (since there is a nice 1MB post limit...). I am now going to play with the FileCopyHook (Drag-and-Drop) and see if I can get it working.

#9 JonF

JonF

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1185 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 28 January 2009 - 01:53 PM

I am now going to play with the FileCopyHook (Drag-and-Drop) and see if I can get it working.

That would be very nice.

I'll try your updated version ...

#10 madhopsman

madhopsman

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 29 January 2009 - 03:04 PM

The Drag-And-Drop will work once the vmusrsvc.exe is manually run. I just need to figure out how to get it to automatically do that (testing right now), then this is all good :cheers:

For now, you can manually run it from the program files folder and drag and drop will work.

#11 madhopsman

madhopsman

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 29 January 2009 - 10:16 PM

Ok, I fixed it. Drag-And-Drop now functions. You do NOT need to wait for the "Virtual Machine Additions Services Application" or ""Virtual Machine Additions Shared Folder Service" to start, nor does the S3 driver need to be loaded.

Check first post, script is updated there.

#12 madhopsman

madhopsman

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 30 January 2009 - 01:30 AM

Fixed Virtual PC window resizing issue. See first post on thread...

#13 TheHive

TheHive

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 4173 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 07:42 AM

The host has to have sound to hear sound. Im not sure if VistaPE has sound support working yet.

For getting VPC07 sound to work, you can try reading
http://techpunch.wor...rivers-on-vpcs/

Virtual_PC_2007___Installing_Sound_Driver.jpg

#14 JonF

JonF

Gold Member

• .script developer
  • 1185 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 30 January 2009 - 03:36 PM

Works great! Thanks.

I have no interest in sound.

#15 madhopsman

madhopsman

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
    United States

Posted 30 January 2009 - 06:36 PM

The host has to have sound to hear sound. Im not sure if VistaPE has sound support working yet.

For getting VPC07 sound to work, you can try reading
http://techpunch.wor...rivers-on-vpcs/

Virtual_PC_2007___Installing_Sound_Driver.jpg

Actually, I wasn't even trying to get sound working with the script. I know there was a project somewhere here in the forums to enable it, but I don't know how far it has gotten. My main concern was all the rest of the functionality to ease my testing pains. I'm sure it would be easy to add the sound driver into the script (well...maybe), but it wasn't my goal due to the lack of need for sound (for me). Thanks for the response and you interest, though :cheers:

Works great! Thanks.

I have no interest in sound.

Glad it works for you, thanks for letting me know B)

#16 TheHive

TheHive

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 4173 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 08:27 AM

:cheers:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users