• Please log in to reply
520 replies to this topic

#401 sanbarrow

sanbarrow

Silver Member

• Developer
  • 788 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 03:31 AM

I tried to add those files as suggested in the GUI.

And I am using the download from your signature - still don't find where to control if notepad gets added or not.

If I try to enable the XPE-pnp-multimedia and XPE-directX stuff as Lancelot suggested I get 27 errors so I disabled that again.

By the way - on some scripts screens there are links for example to some MS-hotfixes. What are they good for - clicking them does not do anything ?
I tried to grab the recommended download at the GimageX screen but nothing happens.

By the way - what is the max working size for bootsdi-images ?
I tried to create a fixed size 480 Mb image - didn;t boot - then tried a 400 Mb size - no luck either - finally the 280 Mb fixed size image does boot.
How come ?

#402 Galapo

Galapo

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 3,841 posts
  •  
    Australia

Posted 01 February 2009 - 03:40 AM

still don't find where to control if notepad gets added or not.

It's under 'Apps\Supplementary\Office'.

If I try to enable the XPE-pnp-multimedia and XPE-directX stuff as Lancelot suggested I get 27 errors so I disabled that again.

What source are you using? The script is likely incompatible until some looks at it for 2k3 sp2. xp source is fine.

By the way - on some scripts screens there are links for example to some MS-hotfixes. What are they good for - clicking them does not do anything ?
I tried to grab the recommended download at the GimageX screen but nothing happens.

Links on the scripts are working for me. Clicking them takes me to, eg, waik page to download waik so imagex.exe and wimfltr.sys can be added. As far as I'm aware, I'm unable to supply these files with the project. The end-user has to download the waik for themself and supply the files. Is this what's done in your project too and so how do you accomplish an easy way for the user to provide the files if it is expected that these are to be part of the core by default. This is the main reason why scripts such as these cannot be selected by default in LiveXP, as it may be that the user has no need of these things and so has no need to download waik and supply a couple of files to be able to build the project.

Regards,
Galapo.

#403 sanbarrow

sanbarrow

Silver Member

• Developer
  • 788 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 03:46 AM

Notepad listed under Office ? :cheers:

I use 2k3-r2 sources and 2k3-sp2 as the building host.
the building host is a clean fresh setup - still none of the links work ?

I just started another fresh extract of the 181 Mb download from your signature and try to build strictly default ...

#404 Galapo

Galapo

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 3,841 posts
  •  
    Australia

Posted 01 February 2009 - 12:16 PM

@Lancelot
Test if something like this works for you:
@echo off

reg.exe query HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\minint >nul 2>&1

if errorlevel 1 exit

IF NOT DEFINED sfx SET sfx=%CD%

CALL :ProgramFiles

IF NOT DEFINED prog CALL :temp

IF NOT DEFINED prog EXIT

GOTO OK

:ProgramFiles

FOR /F "tokens=1 delims= " %%P IN ('fsutil fsinfo volumeinfo %ProgramFiles:~0,3% ^| FIND "NTFS"') DO SET vname=%%P

IF %vname%==File SET prog=%ProgramFiles%

GOTO :EOF

:temp

FOR /F "tokens=1 delims= " %%P IN ('fsutil fsinfo volumeinfo %TEMP:~0,3% ^| FIND "NTFS"') DO SET vname=%%P

IF %vname%==File SET prog=%TEMP:~0,2%\Programs

SET prog=b:\Programs

GOTO :EOF

:OK

if not exist "%prog%\IZArc\IZArc.exe" md "%prog%\IZArc"

compact /U /I /Q "%prog%\IZArc"

rem if not exist "%prog%\IZArc\IZArc.exe" junction "%sfx%\IZArc" "%prog%\IZArc"

if not exist "%prog%\IZArc\IZArc.exe" imagex /mount "%sfx%\LODR-archive-IZArc3.81.wim" 1 "%prog%\IZArc"

if not exist "%ProgramFiles%\IZArc\IZArc.exe" md "%ProgramFiles%\IZArc"

if not exist "%ProgramFiles%\IZArc\IZArc.exe" compact /U /I /Q "%ProgramFiles%\IZArc"

if not exist "%ProgramFiles%\IZArc\IZArc.exe" junction "%prog%\IZArc" "%ProgramFiles%\IZArc"

if not exist "%ProgramFiles%\IZArc\IZArc.exe" exit

AutoIt3.exe "%sfx%\LODR-reg-IZArc3.81.au3"

start "IZArc" "%ProgramFiles%\IZArc\IZArc.exe"

exit

[LODR]

Shortcut_number=1

Shortcut1=File Tasks\Compression\IZArc

Shortcut_Parameters1=

Icon1=LODR-icon-IZArc3.81.ico

RegFiles=LODR-reg-IZArc3.81.au3

Hardcoding=Yes

%ProgramFiles%=X:\Programs Files|%SystemDrive%\Programs Files

For me, junctioning back from WIM mounted to b:\Programs\IZArc to %ProgramsFiles%\IZArc fails.

Thanks,
Galapo.

#405 Lancelot

Lancelot

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 5,013 posts
  • Interests:*Mechanical stuff and Physics,
    *LiveXP, BartPE, SherpyaXPE,
    *Basketball and Looong Walking,
    *Buying outwear for my girlf (Reason: Girls are stupid about buying bad stuff to make themselves uglier :))
    *Girls (Lyric: Girl,...., You will be a womann, Soon)
    *Answering questions for "Meaning of life",
    *Helping people,

Kung with LiveXP, Fu with Peter :)
  •  
    Turkey

Posted 01 February 2009 - 01:38 PM

This batch worked with bootsdi, but didnt work with createiso with fwf
also
this line gives error
i use this line
AutoIt3.exe .\"LODR-reg-IZArc3.81.au3"

For me, junctioning back from WIM mounted to b:\Programs\IZArc to %ProgramsFiles%\IZArc fails.

This probably caused by hhctrl.ocx , i guess there should be a way to force delete hhctrl.ocx.

and a question, can you give me a clue to make this
StrFormat,filename,%Target_Prog%,%ProgramsFolder%
with batch file :cheers:

ps:
i was busy with making virtualbox lod package (mostly finised i hope) to see what more are needed. giving example with izarc i will prepare an izarc batch soon.

#406 sanbarrow

sanbarrow

Silver Member

• Developer
  • 788 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 02:02 PM

What about doing it the other way round ?
Put %programfiles% into B: and junction all the existing directories back to X:\program files.
Thats what I do ...

As B: is always NTFS it no longer matters if X: is a img loaded into Ram or a standard CDFS

#407 Lancelot

Lancelot

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 5,013 posts
    *Buying outwear for my girlf (Reason: Girls are stupid about buying bad stuff to make themselves uglier :))
    *Helping people,

•  
    Turkey

Posted 01 February 2009 - 05:28 PM

@galapo

This is what in my mind, it works with both create iso and bootsdi, and i guess should be working with all pe including moa, Livexp bartpe etc.
I guess it will be nice if we all agree with sth like that for the soul of mobility :cheers:.

There are still things to add to compatible test (ex: writable tests, program files name are on the way), but i guess this gives you the idea,

LODR-batch_main-IZArc3.81_Lance2.cmd

[codebox]Call :wimcompatibletests IF NOT DEFINED sfx SET sfx=%CD% IF NOT "%testconfirminpe%" == "YES" exit IF "%ntfscheckProgramfiles%" == "YES" set wimmountrootfolder=%ProgramFiles% IF not "%ntfscheckProgramfiles%" == "YES" set wimmountrootfolder=B:\Program Files set wimmountfoldername=IZArc set executablename=IZArc.exe set au3filename=LODR-reg-IZArc3.81.au3 set wimfilename=LODR-icon-IZArc3.81.ico if exist "%wimmountrootfolder%\%wimmountfoldername%\%executablename%" goto startingapplication if not exist "%wimmountrootfolder%\%wimmountfoldername%\%executablename%" md "%wimmountrootfolder%\%wimmountfoldername%" if not exist "%wimmountrootfolder%\%wimmountfoldername%\%executablename%" compact /U /I /Q "%wimmountrootfolder%\%wimmountfoldername%" rem if not exist "%wimmountrootfolder%\%wimmountfoldername%\%executablename%" junction "%sfx%\IZArc" "%wimmountrootfolder%\%wimmountfoldername%" if not exist "%wimmountrootfolder%\%wimmountfoldername%\%executablename%" imagex /mount "%sfx%\%wimfilename%" 1 "%wimmountrootfolder%\%wimmountfoldername%" if not exist "%wimmountrootfolder%\%wimmountfoldername%\%executablename%" exit AutoIt3.exe .\"%au3filename%" if exist "%Programfiles%\SetResolution\SetResolution.exe" %Programfiles:~0,2% if exist "%Programfiles%\SetResolution\SetResolution.exe" cd %Programfiles:~0,2% if exist "%Programfiles%\SetResolution\SetResolution.exe" cd "%Programfiles%" if exist "%Programfiles%\SetResolution\SetResolution.exe" cd "SetResolution" if exist "%Programfiles%\SetResolution\SetResolution.exe" start SetResolution.exe -rebuild :startingapplication start "IZArc" "%wimmountrootfolder%\%wimmountfoldername%\%executablename%" pause exit :wimcompatibletests Call :testconfirminpe Call :testntfscheckB Call :testntfscheckSystemdrive Call :testntfscheckProgramfiles Call :testntfscheckTemp Call :testntfscheckCD @echo off ECHO testconfirminpe %testconfirminpe% ECHO ntfscheckb %ntfscheckb% ECHO ntfschecksystemdrive %ntfschecksystemdrive% ECHO ntfscheckProgramfiles %ntfscheckProgramfiles% ECHO ntfschecktemp %ntfschecktemp% ECHO ntfscheckCD %ntfscheckCD% @echo on :testconfirminpe reg.exe query HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\minint >nul 2>&1 if not errorlevel 1 set testconfirminpe=YES GOTO :EOF :testntfscheckB FOR /F "tokens=1 delims= " %%P IN ('fsutil fsinfo volumeinfo B:\ ^| FIND "NTFS"') DO SET ntfscheckbif=%%P if not "%ntfscheckbif%" == "" set ntfscheckb=YES GOTO :EOF :testntfscheckSystemdrive FOR /F "tokens=1 delims= " %%P IN ('fsutil fsinfo volumeinfo %Systemdrive%\ ^| FIND "NTFS"') DO SET ntfschecksystemdriveif=%%P if not "%ntfschecksystemdriveif%" == "" set ntfschecksystemdrive=YES GOTO :EOF :testntfscheckProgramfiles FOR /F "tokens=1 delims= " %%P IN ('fsutil fsinfo volumeinfo %Programfiles:~0,3% ^| FIND "NTFS"') DO SET ntfscheckProgramfilesif=%%P if not "%ntfscheckProgramfilesif%" == "" set ntfscheckProgramfiles=YES GOTO :EOF :testntfscheckTemp FOR /F "tokens=1 delims= " %%P IN ('fsutil fsinfo volumeinfo %TEMP:~0,3% ^| FIND "NTFS"') DO SET ntfschecktempif=%%P if not "%ntfschecktempif%" == "" set ntfschecktemp=YES GOTO :EOF :testntfscheckCD FOR /F "tokens=1 delims= " %%P IN ('fsutil fsinfo volumeinfo %CD:~0,3% ^| FIND "NTFS"') DO SET ntfscheckCDif=%%P if not "%ntfscheckCDif%" == "" set ntfscheckCD=YES GOTO :EOF [LODR] Shortcut_number=1 Shortcut1=File Tasks\Compression\IZArc Shortcut_Parameters1=
Icon1=LODR-icon-IZArc3.81.ico
RegFiles=LODR-reg-IZArc3.81.au3
Hardcoding=Yes
%ProgramFiles%=X:\Program Files|%SystemDrive%\Program Files
[/codebox]

sanbarrow
simply, i dont agree setting %programfiles% variable to B:\Program Files\ , we dont need that. I am mounting wims to B:\Program Files\ starting with my 1st test. in a short while i will be mounting to B:\%Programfiles:~3%\ in case of standard CDFS.

#408 Lancelot

Lancelot

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 5,013 posts
    *Helping people,

•  
    Turkey

Posted 01 February 2009 - 06:05 PM

previous code fixed with removing "if errorlevel 1 set testconfirminpe=NO" line :cheers:.

#409 sanbarrow

sanbarrow

Silver Member

• Developer
  • 788 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 08:09 PM

simply, i dont agree setting %programfiles% variable to B:\Program Files\ , we dont need that.

If you say you don't need that you simply miss a chance.
Compare yourself ...

Posted Image

#410 Galapo

Galapo

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 3,841 posts
  •  
    Australia

Posted 01 February 2009 - 08:28 PM

and a question, can you give me a clue to make this

StrFormat,filename,%Target_Prog%,%ProgramsFolder%
with batch file :cheers:

%ProgramFiles:~+3% will get you that.

Regards,
Galapo.

#411 Galapo

Galapo

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 3,841 posts
  •  
    Australia

Posted 01 February 2009 - 08:33 PM

Put %programfiles% into B: and junction all the existing directories back to X:\program files.

That would really only work in PE having %programfiles% located externally and out of ram. In LiveXP, that is not the case. 'Documents and Settings' is generally wrapped up in modelram.exe to extact at boot to ramdrive. If we also locate %programfiles% there as well, modelram.exe could get very big, sometimes even failing if it is bigger in size to the ramdisk, which could very well happen. To my mind, it makes no sense to extract %programfiles% to a ramdisk.

Regards,
Galapo.

#412 Galapo

Galapo

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 3,841 posts
  •  
    Australia

Posted 01 February 2009 - 08:37 PM

:startingapplication
start "IZArc" "%wimmountrootfolder%\%wimmountfoldername%\%executablename%"
pause
exit

Hi Lancelot,

Thanks for the batch. One issue currently would be that I've quoted above. I don't see junctioning back to %programfiles%, so application is started from %wimmountrootfolder% which could be B:\... and not from %programfiles%\...

This means that reg patching does not point to the proper location. Application exists at b:\, but REG has been patched for x:\ path.

Regards,
Galapo.

#413 sanbarrow

sanbarrow

Silver Member

• Developer
  • 788 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 08:39 PM

That would really only work in PE having %programfiles% located externally and out of ram.

Nope - that also works in PE without any external space.
You do not even need to change your building process.
keep apps in X:\programfiles as you do right now.
After boot create a directory B:\programs and junction each sub-directory back to X:\programfiles.

Thats exactly what I do when I boot with a ramdrive only.

To my mind, it makes no sense to extract %programfiles% to a ramdisk.

yep - full ack - that would really be stupid

#414 Galapo

Galapo

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 3,841 posts
  •  
    Australia

Posted 01 February 2009 - 08:43 PM

What directories are created under b:\Programs and where do they come from?

Thanks,
Galapo.

#415 sanbarrow

sanbarrow

Silver Member

• Developer
  • 788 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 08:45 PM

What directories are created under b:\Programs and where do they come from?

Depends - run a batch that creates a junction in B:\programs for every directory that exists in X:\programfiles.

See how that fits in the puzzle with LODR-packs ?
I don't need to doall the tricky stuff that you need to do now.
I just junction an app from where ever it is to R:\programs.
No need to patch registry on the fly and things like that ...

#416 Lancelot

Lancelot

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 5,013 posts
    *Helping people,

•  
    Turkey

Posted 01 February 2009 - 08:52 PM

hi galapo

i added all things in my mind now :cheers:, and tidy the batch a lot B)
here is the batch, please test

IZArc____Manuel8.cmd
[codebox]ECHO ------------------------------------------------------------ goto startprocessinglod [LODR] Shortcut_number=1 Shortcut1=File Tasks\Compression\IZArc Shortcut_Parameters1= Icon1=LODR-icon-IZArc3.81.ico RegFiles=LODR-reg-IZArc3.81.au3 Hardcoding=Yes %ProgramFiles%=X:\Program Files|%SystemDrive%\Program Files :startprocessinglod rem X: rem cd X:\ rem cd "LODR-packs" set Ramdrivefwim=B: set wimmountfoldername=IZArc set executablename=IZArc.exe set au3filename=LODR-reg-IZArc3.81.au3 set wimfilename=LODR-archive-IZArc3.81.wim ECHO ------------------------------------------------------------ Call :wimcompatibletests ECHO ------------------------------------------------------------ IF NOT "%testconfirminpe%" == "YES" exit IF NOT DEFINED sfx SET sfx=%CD% if exist "%wjmfex%" goto startingapplication if not exist "%wjmfex%" md "%wjmf%" if not exist "%wjmfex%" compact /U /I /Q "%wjmf%" rem if not exist "%wjmfex%" junction "%sfx%\IZArc" "%wjmf%" if not exist "%wjmfex%" imagex /mount "%sfx%\%wimfilename%" 1 "%wjmf%" if not exist "%wjmfex%" exit AutoIt3.exe .\"%au3filename%" if exist "%Programfiles%\SetResolution\SetResolution.exe" %Programfiles:~0,2% if exist "%Programfiles%\SetResolution\SetResolution.exe" cd %Programfiles:~0,2% if exist "%Programfiles%\SetResolution\SetResolution.exe" cd "%Programfiles%" if exist "%Programfiles%\SetResolution\SetResolution.exe" cd "SetResolution" if exist "%Programfiles%\SetResolution\SetResolution.exe" start SetResolution.exe -rebuild :startingapplication start "IZArc" "%wjmfex%" pause exit ECHO ------------------------------------------------------------ :wimcompatibletests Call :testconfirminpe Call :testntfscheckB Call :testntfscheckRamdrivefwim Call :testntfscheckSystemdrive Call :testntfscheckProgramfiles Call :testntfscheckTemp Call :testntfscheckCD Call :testwritableCD Call :programfilesname Call :wimmountdrivefolder @echo off ECHO testconfirminpe ----------- %testconfirminpe% ECHO ntfscheckb --------------- %ntfscheckb% ECHO ntfscheckRamdrivefwim ---- %ntfscheckRamdrivefwim% ECHO ntfschecksystemdrive ----- %ntfschecksystemdrive% ECHO ntfscheckProgramfiles ---- %ntfscheckProgramfiles% ECHO ntfschecktemp ------------ %ntfschecktemp% ECHO ntfscheckCD -------------- %ntfscheckCD% ECHO writablecheckCD ---------- %writablecheckCD% ECHO Programfilesfoldername --- %Programfilesfoldername% ECHO wjmf --------------------- %wjmf% ECHO wjmfex ------------------- %wjmfex% @echo on :testconfirminpe reg.exe query HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\minint >nul 2>&1 if not errorlevel 1 set testconfirminpe=YES GOTO :EOF :testntfscheckB FOR /F "tokens=1 delims= " %%P IN ('fsutil fsinfo volumeinfo B:\ ^| FIND "NTFS"') DO SET ntfscheckbif=%%P if not "%ntfscheckbif%" == "" set ntfscheckb=YES GOTO :EOF :testntfscheckRamdrivefwim if "%Ramdrivefwim%" == "" set Ramdrivefwim=B: FOR /F "tokens=1 delims= " %%P IN ('fsutil fsinfo volumeinfo %Ramdrivefwim%\ ^| FIND "NTFS"') DO SET ntfscheckRamdrivefwimif=%%P if not "%ntfscheckRamdrivefwimif%" == "" set ntfscheckRamdrivefwim=YES GOTO :EOF :testntfscheckSystemdrive FOR /F "tokens=1 delims= " %%P IN ('fsutil fsinfo volumeinfo %Systemdrive%\ ^| FIND "NTFS"') DO SET ntfschecksystemdriveif=%%P if not "%ntfschecksystemdriveif%" == "" set ntfschecksystemdrive=YES GOTO :EOF :testntfscheckProgramfiles FOR /F "tokens=1 delims= " %%P IN ('fsutil fsinfo volumeinfo %Programfiles:~0,3% ^| FIND "NTFS"') DO SET ntfscheckProgramfilesif=%%P if not "%ntfscheckProgramfilesif%" == "" set ntfscheckProgramfiles=YES GOTO :EOF :testntfscheckTemp FOR /F "tokens=1 delims= " %%P IN ('fsutil fsinfo volumeinfo %TEMP:~0,3% ^| FIND "NTFS"') DO SET ntfschecktempif=%%P if not "%ntfschecktempif%" == "" set ntfschecktemp=YES GOTO :EOF :testntfscheckCD FOR /F "tokens=1 delims= " %%P IN ('fsutil fsinfo volumeinfo %CD:~0,3% ^| FIND "NTFS"') DO SET ntfscheckCDif=%%P if not "%ntfscheckCDif%" == "" set ntfscheckCD=YES GOTO :EOF :testwritableCD ECHO a>wimwritablemediatest.dump if exist wimwritablemediatest.dump set writablecheckCD=YES if exist wimwritablemediatest.dump del /q wimwritablemediatest.dump GOTO :EOF :programfilesname set Programfilesfoldername=%Programfiles:~3% if "%Programfilesfoldername%" == "" set Programfilesfoldername=Programw GOTO :EOF :wimmountdrivefolder IF "%ntfscheckProgramfiles%" == "YES" set wimmountrootfolder=%ProgramFiles% IF not "%ntfscheckProgramfiles%" == "YES" call :wimmountdrivefolderramdrv set wjmf=%wimmountrootfolder%\%wimmountfoldername% set wjmfex=%wimmountrootfolder%\%wimmountfoldername%\%executablename% GOTO :EOF :wimmountdrivefolderramdrv IF "%ntfscheckRamdrivefwim%" == "YES" set wimmountrootfolder=%Ramdrivefwim%\%Programfilesfoldername% IF not "%ntfscheckRamdrivefwim%" == "YES" call :wimmountdrivefoldertemp GOTO :EOF :wimmountdrivefoldertemp IF "%ntfschecktemp%" == "YES" set wimmountrootfolder=%Temp% IF not "%ntfscheckProgramfiles%" == "YES" exit GOTO :EOF[/codebox] yes i am aware au3 (reg) dont work properly in case when X:\Program Files\ is not the folder There is a main difference:
we can not use junction with cdfs, but we can use mounting .wim file from cdfs.
because we can not use junction on cdfs, i only mount .wim which so far works nice for me.

#417 sanbarrow

sanbarrow

Silver Member

• Developer
  • 788 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 08:56 PM

because we can not use junction on cdfs, i only mount .wim which so far works nice for me.

see ? - thats the price you have to pay for
%programfiles% = X:\programfiles

#418 Lancelot

Lancelot

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 5,013 posts
    *Helping people,

•  
    Turkey

Posted 01 February 2009 - 09:05 PM

sanbarrow
okey you dont read .script file, but why dont you read/test .cmd files sanbarrow B)
i never payed the price you are writing about,
i always used B:\Program Files\ from the begining if you ever noticed :cheers: ,
and with the batch now if available X:\Program Files\ is used, if not B:\Program Files\ used (When %programfiles%=X:\Program Files)

with bartpe this batch will automatically use X:\Programs or B:\Programs
with different language nativeex project, this batch will automatically use the language folder (example from german source: X:\Programme or B:\Programme)

please test the batch if you can. :cheers:

#419 sanbarrow

sanbarrow

Silver Member

• Developer
  • 788 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 09:11 PM

Lancelot - I don't know what makes you angry ?

Sorry - I must admit that most of your batchs are way beyond my head.
I just checked with a LiveXP and entered "set"
It says
ProgramFiles = X:\Program Files

Now you tell me you use
B:\program files

What gives ?

#420 Galapo

Galapo

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 3,841 posts
  •  
    Australia

Posted 01 February 2009 - 09:15 PM

see ? - thats the price you have to pay for
%programfiles% = X:\programfiles

Yes, but how to get around the issue I mentioned? It seems pointless to extract extremely large modelram.exe containing %programfiles% to ramdisk.

I agree, it is a good thing to offer external %programfiles% located on harddisk or whatever. But BootSDI currently works well, as does WimPack. With WimPack, I don't see any great advances to be made by locating %programfiles% on different drive.

Regards,
Galapo.

#421 Lancelot

Lancelot

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 5,013 posts
    *Helping people,

•  
    Turkey

Posted 01 February 2009 - 09:23 PM

Lancelot - I don't know what makes you angry ?

simply, can you please test the batch with the LODR-IZArc3.81.rar provided by galapo.

we do NOT need to reassign %programfiles%, i was thinkink main objective was making lodr be as portable as possible,
for me to go further, what i need is to transfer the programfolder info to the reg

@galapo
i guess
reads
%ProgramFiles%=X:\Programs Files|%SystemDrive%\Programs File

instead of that, can we have an option to read from command line
AutoIt3.exe "%sfx%\LODR-reg-IZArc3.81.au3" "X:\Program Files"

giving example from my batch file i need sth like this:
AutoIt3.exe "%sfx%\LODR-reg-IZArc3.81.au3" "%wimmountrootfolder%"

can it be possible?

#422 sanbarrow

sanbarrow

Silver Member

• Developer
  • 788 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 09:24 PM

It seems pointless to extract extremely large modelram.exe containing %programfiles% to ramdisk.

Yes - didn't I already explained that this is not necessary ?

With WimPack, I don't see any great advances to be made by locating %programfiles% on different drive.

Sure - packing apps in wims is nice. I also do that for CD-only scenarios.
But it is somehow a limited approach.
It may work nice if you have small app-collections - so that the wim fits a CD.

What if you want to have more apps ?
The app collection I use is about 4 Gbs and growing daily.
It is not practical at all to package this in a wim.

For MOA CD-only boot is a worst case scenario - I only use it when nothing external is available.

#423 Galapo

Galapo

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 3,841 posts
  •  
    Australia

Posted 01 February 2009 - 09:45 PM

Yes - didn't I already explained that this is not necessary ?

Yes, did but then Lancelot replied:

Sure - packing apps in wims is nice. I also do that for CD-only scenarios.
But it is somehow a limited approach.
It may work nice if you have small app-collections - so that the wim fits a CD.

What if you want to have more apps ?
The app collection I use is about 4 Gbs and growing daily.
It is not practical at all to package this in a wim.

Sure, when app collection grows that large it might make some sense. But image is compressed, so there's an advantage in that.

Seems you may not be familar with the WimPack script. User is not locked into having everything on CD, but can be located on external harddrive or whatever.

Regards,
Galapo.

#424 Galapo

Galapo

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 3,841 posts
  •  
    Australia

Posted 01 February 2009 - 09:47 PM

@galapo
i guess
reads
%ProgramFiles%=X:\Programs Files|%SystemDrive%\Programs File

NO, that's not the case. That line simply runs the LODR-reg-IZArc3.81.au3 file is all.

Regards,
Galapo.

#425 sanbarrow

sanbarrow

Silver Member

• Developer
  • 788 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 10:01 PM

Seems you may not be familar with the WimPack script. User is not locked into having everything on CD, but can be located on external harddrive or whatever.

Yes - I never used it myself - only heard some hearsay - but I expected that you would be clever enough to handle the wim from all possible locations.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users