#1 ispy

ispy

Silver Member

• Tutorial Writer
  • 618 posts

Posted 27 December 2008 - 07:38 PM

Hi all :cheers: ,

physdiskwrite only 44Kb's
This is a small Windows NT/2000/XP command line tool that makes it possible to write disk images onto raw disks, like CF cards. It currently has a few rough edges, most notably in the selection of the device to be written – you have to decide which device is the right one by looking at the C/H/S values (though if the CF card was the last device to be connected to the system, it usually shows up as the last one in the list). Note that the C/H/S values may be incorrect for CF cards – looks like this is a bug in Windows. There is some protection against accidentally overwriting your hard disk, but then again, I CAN'T TAKE ANY RESPONSIBILITY FOR LOST DATA – YOU USE THIS PROGRAM ON YOUR OWN RISK.
Note to Windows Vista users: physdiskwrite works with Vista, but you must make sure to run it as administrator (simply having admin rights isn't enough), or it won't find any disks. One way to do this is to create a shortcut to cmd.exe, then right-click it and select "run as administrator". Then you can launch physdiskwrite from the command prompt window that appears, and it should work fine.

Usage

physdiskwrite [-u] <image-file>

...or just simply drag-and-drop the image file onto the physdiskwrite.exe icon.

Here Ya go!

http://m0n0.ch/wall/physdiskwrite.php

If You like it, use it, if not, skip it!

N-JOY!

Regards & Best Wishes,

ispy ;)

#2 was_jaclaz

was_jaclaz

Finder

• Advanced user
  • 7100 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 28 December 2008 - 09:27 AM

I seem to find no way to actually select a destination drive. :cheers:

For the moment I'll keep sticking to dsfo/dsfi.

Thanks anyway for the link. ;)

jaclaz

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users