#1 Ariom

Ariom

• Members
  • 99 posts
  •  
    Philippines

Posted 25 December 2008 - 03:07 AM

Hi All Peps "Script Developers"

I used the SmartDriverBackup (by: Jaque) since BartPE, but I sometimes got problems when I reinstall back the drivers after a newly installed XPRO sp2 OS. So I try to used the Trial version of "Driver Magician V3.30. I made a script of this through "MakeScript v16 (by: PedroLe). It runs in LiveXP but there was no driver listed or showed up in the list.
So my Question is this.. Is it possible to used here the "RunScanner" (by: Paraglider) or should I used the "SetTargeRoot" by running it first before executing the Driver Magician program?

BTW...I used my XPRO sp2 installer "Slept Stream with DriverPacks". So all installed drivers are Generics. I got problems with Video because my original drivers is "ATI Radeon 9250" and the newly install one was the ATI Radeon 9200 which is the generic one. If I used this generic, my screen would sometimes be in "Garbage", and If I play a games, there is no display in the screen. (black screen) but my PC was not hanging, and the games is still playing.

So I tried the DMv3.30. but i cannot make it to run in LiveXP!!!!

ANY HELP from SOMEONE? :cheers:
and
MERRY CHRISTMAS to ALL "B.I.O.S" (Builder Instructor Of Scripts)....

#2 Lancelot

Lancelot

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 5013 posts
  • Interests:*Mechanical stuff and Physics,
    *LiveXP, BartPE, SherpyaXPE,
    *Basketball and Looong Walking,
    *Buying outwear for my girlf (Reason: Girls are stupid about buying bad stuff to make themselves uglier :))
    *Girls (Lyric: Girl,...., You will be a womann, Soon)
    *Answering questions for "Meaning of life",
    *Helping people,

Kung with LiveXP, Fu with Peter :)
  •  
    Turkey

Posted 25 December 2008 - 04:00 AM

Hi Ariom

Can you share your "Driver Magician V3.30 Script" with us :cheers:, so we can test and see what it can ;)

As far as i understand, If you are trying to install your gpu driver to livexp:
we already have a tool "Driver Import PE", which is available with LiveXP project. For your gpu dont forget to enable directx script and xpnp script.

:cheers: happy new year :cheers:

#3 Ariom

Ariom

• Members
  • 99 posts
  •  
    Philippines

Posted 25 December 2008 - 11:14 AM

Thanks Lance... :cheers:

I did used already the "Driver Import PE" and the "DriverForge 4.5.4" from LiveXP. But it still no used. Although it will execute and ask for a reboot, but the video driver (Radeon 9250) was not installed, still the generics one exist (Radeon 9200) when viewed from the "Device Mnger". But the Network & Sound driver was okey, it installed the original driver. Although Sound Driver is not my priority.

I will attach my " Driver Magician Script".

Ariom.... ;)

Note: I cannot upload the Script!!!! Is there any problems with the server?

Sorry Lance..the size is 2,685kb. so big huh.! I made this thru MakeScript16.
I will rebuild again my LiveXP and enable this progs..(DM3.30) and have a snapshot of it post it here again. Maybe tomorrow I'll upload it.

#4 Lancelot

Lancelot

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 5013 posts
    *Buying outwear for my girlf (Reason: Girls are stupid about buying bad stuff to make themselves uglier :))
    *Helping people,

•  
    Turkey

Posted 25 December 2008 - 12:56 PM

Ariom

no need driver magician script any more, i found and tested :cheers: and didnt like it ;) . Also i dont advice you to use DriverForge 4.5.4 on livexp (dforge 4.5.3 is better for livexp, on the other hand Driver Import PE is much much much better)

if you use Driver Import PE with the "driver magician backeduped drivers", i would have no surprise with result failure.

Also you need enough space on X: for gpu drivers as they are very big, how much space do you have on X: at startup?

please try to get drivers from os on harddisk directly with Driver Import PE (with Local System Method), What is the result??? (what is your os on harddisk?)

#5 Ariom

Ariom

• Members
  • 99 posts
  •  
    Philippines

Posted 25 December 2008 - 02:04 PM

Thanks..

Ahhh yes, I'll try it ( to get drivers from os on harddisk directly with Driver Import PE with Local System Method). I didn't realize it that "Driver Import PE" can backup driver from current host OS. All I know is, it will "import" only.
BTW, my OS is XPRO sp2.
About the space on X: Ohhh... I can't remember it cause I didn't give much attention with it...

I'll try it now... :cheers:

Ariom

#6 Ariom

Ariom

• Members
  • 99 posts
  •  
    Philippines

Posted 25 December 2008 - 04:06 PM

Lance..

I just did what you told me to use "with Driver Import PE (with Local System Method)".
I like it but I wonder where was the imported drivers go? I mean, to what path or folder did it saved? :cheers: So that I can used it to re-install it back in case I install a new OS in the machine? ;)

BTW; I used the "BootSDI" method and the free space is 24mb...
I hope you get my point!!! THANKS ... :cheers:

Ariom..

#7 Lancelot

Lancelot

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 5013 posts
    *Helping people,

•  
    Turkey

Posted 25 December 2008 - 10:21 PM

I like it

I guess you mean your gpu driver installed to livexp successfully :cheers:

To save the driver on harddisk by using LiveXP, we already have "Smart Driver Backup". There are only 2 products i know that support saving driver on remote os and "Smart Driver Backup" is a very good ;) and free :cheers: version and works fast and mostly reliable compared with the popular commercial ones. I hope it works for you.

Ps: look space on X: after installing your gpu driver with dipe, you will see it drops down a lot. :cheers:

#8 Ariom

Ariom

• Members
  • 99 posts
  •  
    Philippines

Posted 26 December 2008 - 12:27 AM

Lance....

I guess you mean your gpu driver installed to livexp successfully

Yes, that's what I understand its operation.
About of what you said (after installing your gpu driver with dipe)..I didn't understand it!! :cheers:
"gpu driver" what does this mean??? (he..he..ho..ho..hooo.). Sorry.. I'm not well oriented with this word "GPU" ;)
And you ask me this "look space on X", my answer is..23.4mb. Is this right? ( I used the BootSDI LiveXp).

Lance... can the drivers backup by "Smart Driver Backup" be used by dipe?
Because it's only now that I know about this dipe..cause every project I made in LiveXP, I uncheck this script. Anyway, I'll try to do it though. :cheers:

THANKS Lance..I Guess I'll continue using "SDB" & DIPE" as a GURO adviced and MERRY CHRISTMAS :cheers:

PS..can I have the meaning of "gpu driver" before this topic is close? :cheers:

Ariom

#9 Lancelot

Lancelot

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 5013 posts
    *Helping people,

•  
    Turkey

Posted 26 December 2008 - 12:51 AM

I just did what you told me to use "with Driver Import PE (with Local System Method)".
I like it but I wonder where was the imported drivers go?

Did your ati 92xx card worked nicely on livexp?

PS..can I have the meaning of "gpu driver" before this topic is close? :cheers:

Better to use google for that, but use this link: http://www.google.com/intl/en/ , write "gpu" in the box, and press enter, 1st found website will give you the result.

Never tried that way.

As long as sdb backuped nice + dipe works nice. Mostly this works. But you dont have to use sdb to use dipe, you can use dipe without sdb and take drivers directly from harddisk.

ps: are you really from Afghanistan ?

Happy new year

#10 Ariom

Ariom

• Members
  • 99 posts
  •  
    Philippines

Posted 26 December 2008 - 01:50 AM

Ohhhhh my GODNESS..

I know now "gpu" (what a SHAME on ME) :cheers:

Did your ati 92xx card worked nicely on livexp?

Thats really my probz. Sometimes when I booted to LiveXP (BootSDI) it booted flawlessly.
But when I rebooted my PC to normal windows (Drive C: of course), it went into a BSOD.
So I rebooted again but in "Safe Mode" now and reinstall again my graphics drivers (9250), B4 I do this I look in the "Devmgmt.msc", the driver is the 9250, but still I continue to reinstall back using "DMv3.28" (I made it Portable but it keeps asking for registration!!!).
After this, I rebooted the PC and went in GOOD shape again..
(I always do it really. That's why I post here on how to make DM3.30 to run in LiveXP)
Cause the SDB will do not any good for me. (It's a GOOD progs indeed Thanks to Jaque, I hope you won't get offended in this particular post of mine). No matter how I did it thru devmgmt,

and for THIS!!!

are you really from Afghanistan ?

;)
Sorry for this..The truth is this.. When I sign in here as new member, I didn't realize that it automatically put this "Country", maybe because it is in the alphabetical order.
My answer is... Not really an Afghan...He...he.. :cheers:

SORRY for this, it's not my intention of hiding my "Country Identity"

I'm from P.I. really, particularly in town homes of "Manny Pacquio"

Well so much for this..

THANK You so much for your time with me Lance.. :cheers: ,
I really APPRECIATED it.

Ariom

PS.. I hope the author of this progs (Jaques) can add an "autoinstall" option. when backing up. (just a suggestion Jaque, I know its not your priority. It's FREE indeed and THANKS anyway where I used it free!!!)

#11 Lancelot

Lancelot

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 5013 posts
    *Helping people,

•  
    Turkey

Posted 26 December 2008 - 02:42 AM

SORRY for this, it's not my intention of hiding my "Country Identity"
I'm from P.I. really, particularly in town homes of "Manny Pacquio"

So you are from Philippines ? well you can change your "Country Identity" from "My Controls". Anyway Merry Christmas.

PS.. I hope the author of this progs (Jaques) can add an "autoinstall" option. when backing up. (just a suggestion Jaque, I know its not your priority. It's FREE indeed and THANKS anyway where I used it free!!!)

After reading your last post, i guess now i start to understand your problem. So your problem is a bad booting windows :cheers:, and you need to reinstall drivers all the time. And now i understand that you dont have problem and solution with livexp, well dipe can only be used in livexp and only for livexp, so no solution from dipe to you ;).
ps: i dont know/test a utility for livexp that restores driver to remote os (remote os=os on harddisk)

sdb is to backup drivers. To restore driver on your pc try DriverForge v4.5.3 with booting safe mode. :cheers:. Simple , backup widh sdb, restore with dforge :cheers:. As you already have a backedup copy of your drivers, you can use DriverForge after booting computer with safemode to install easly. (dforge have nice features to install automaticly too :cheers:)

(ps: Driver Magician is 5th in my list, and there are only 6 utilities i know to backup driver :cheers:, so i dont advice dm, anyway it is up to you )

But better is, fixing your os: download ati 9200 drivers from ati website, Boot with safemode, uninstall all drivers of ati, install latest drivers.
From my old days, i have ati9200 drivers, sometimes old ati drivers work better than new ones, so here it is.

If this dont work, look google for people that have problem with ati 9200.

Well i have no more idea for you,

Good luck. :cheers:

#12 Ariom

Ariom

• Members
  • 99 posts
  •  
    Philippines

Posted 26 December 2008 - 03:20 AM

MERRY CHRISTMAS LANCE... :cheers:

THANKS for YOUR time spending this particular post.

GoodLuck.......

Case CLOSE...back to Bizniz again...He...he...x10 ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users