WinBuilder 053 - beta 14

• Please log in to reply
291 replies to this topic

#1 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 20 November 2006 - 10:24 PM

This topic is meant to place beta versions of winbuilder.exe build 053 - please use the stable versions until you feel confident enough to use the available files in this topic.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Beta 1

- Fixed a bug on Exec command wich outputed wrong result messages.
- Added the hability to run section [process] inside the project file (script.project) -

Advice: On distribution 052 there is already a [process] section inside script.project on the standard project with some code - you need to manually remove it.

MD5 checksum: 29e7e070414f349a3e6c75d05cdc32da WinBuilder053-Beta1.zip

Attached File  WinBuilder053_Beta1.zip   624.96KB   719 downloads

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Beta 2

- Corrected the System,RefreshInterface message to: "System - Refreshing interface after finishing processing"
- Wizard window for encoding files was not centered when using desktop with two displays - fixed
- SetVars now support automatic update of all variables with new value
- Encoding tab presents filesizes in Kb and Mb (files inside scripts need to be re-encoded to reflect these changes)
- Links in the support tab have been updated
- Added quick-close, whenever the Escape key is pressed on the main window will quickly exit the program.
- Added a backup tool to make safe copies of Projects, Archive, Target and ISO folders

MD5 checksum: 4628aed499da64f0530bb20be9297375 WinBuilder053-Beta 2.zip

Attached File  WinBuilder053_Beta_2.zip   643.19KB   491 downloads

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Beta 3

- Added right-click menu options for expanding and colapsing sub-items on main window.
- Added a download tool for browsing files available on servers.

MD5 checksum: 3c242121b8e481bcee6468332a2a5591 WinBuilder053-Beta3.zip

Attached File  WinBuilder053_Beta3.zip   645.24KB   488 downloads

Beta 4

- Fixed a typo on webget wich made the secondary progress get invisible instead of showing the download progressing
- Corrected some GUI elements
- Download tool can now browse subfolders

Attached File  WinBuilder053_Beta4.zip   645.33KB   452 downloads
MD5 checksum:

Beta 5

- Changed designation of encoded files to attachments
- OVerall GUI changes in icons, logo, button position on Attachments tab.
- Added a button on description tab to visit website link

Attached File  WinBuilder053_Beta5.zip   650.49KB   543 downloads

Beta 7

This beta includes all bugfixes previously added on beta 6

- fixed the script and link filtering wich prevented the scripts to be mixed along with linked scripts on normal view
- different icons added for either scripts or links.
- regwrite now supports the creation of single keys with no data
- removed the option to update winbuilder.exe because it was obsolete.
- removed the option to update individual scripts until a new handling method is added.
- overall logical speed optimization in .script engine
- cabexpand is using cabinet.dll to extract files instead of wrapper to expand.exe (faster)
- program's process priority is changed to HIGH when processing scripts, the same applies to child process launched by shellexecute.
- webget and webgetIfnotExist support MD5 checksum check to ensure 100% correct downloads
- Added command "regimport" to allow importing a .reg file straight into the local registry

MD5 checksum: 0ca6cb9ad7482ac8c8269802117d6b1e WinBuilder053-Beta7.zip
Attached File  WinBuilder053_Beta7.zip   666.69KB   469 downloads

Beta 8

- bugfixed the internal inf2script tool to correctly add "" on each converted value on registry keys of type 0x3 and 0x7
- DirMove has also been improved to allow moving files and folders silently - allowing to use *.* to only move files and subdirectories from a folder
- echo command was also bugfixed - was not translating variables
- Clicking to disable or enable a folder will also reflect this value on all scripts inside
- Added a new tab named "Tools" where "Backup", "Create new script" and "Create updates.ini" tools where placed
- Added webupdate, allowing users to view and download the latest scripts and projects
- Added a new command to refresh the variable list as an option of the system command - available on right-click menu on source code
- Projects no longer accept empty %sourcedirs% - displaying a message box for users to select a valid source folder
- Tools were moved to a sub-folder of archives to take advantage of webupdates, %tools% variable was also updated to reflect changes
- Replace the individual script update button with the option to run the selected script
- Added a global webserver edit option for using updates from alternative webservers
- cabexpand was reverted back to the previous expand.exe wrapper until a more stable code can be used instead.

MD5 checksum: 00f1562302dc24942f18fecce7715805 WinBuilder053-beta10.zip
Attached File  WinBuilder053_beta8.zip   676.14KB   506 downloads

Beta 9

- bugfixed webdownload - was not decoding filenames properly and wouldn't download filenames with spaces
- when winbuilder.exe is started for the first time without any project available will jump straight to the download center tab
- bugfixed regwrite - wasn't supporting empty 0x1 entries wich created registry section keys
- bugfixed regwrite - 0x3 keys were also not being correctly handled

Attached File  WinBuilder053_beta9.zip   676.19KB   529 downloads

Beta 10

- bugfixed open handles when looking for files - no more locked directories
- Methods for searching, filtering and categorizing files were improved - program starts significantly faster
- disabled the old method of sorting scripts under the options menu to avoid conflicts with new method

MD5 checksum: 11092acb44388d024a5fe9fb8abc0615 WinBuilder053-beta10.zip

Attached File  WinBuilder053_beta10.zip   674.9KB   593 downloads

Beta 11

- refresh button will also reset the script window, whenever possible it will also try to re-select the previously selected script
- edited the description on the Paths tab to warn first time users that each project holds independent values
- re-added dependencies with the difference that now it is needed to add the path to the needed files or scripts - please use %basedir% to avoid to fixed paths (check explorer.script as an example)
- added the option to add scripts wich are incompatible when one script is selected (example: ramdisk vs fbwf), also valid to any sort of file if found.
- created a new section in tools where it is possible to convert files into native .script language, removing the respective buttons inside the source editor. BartPE plugin conversion is still incompleted - it's preferable to use external tool to retrieve accurate translations in the meanwhile.
- bugfix on filesearch - search is not case sensitive anymore
- removed the Archive folder and moved all static references to the Projects folder

Attached File  WinBuilder053_Beta11.zip   678.34KB   463 downloads

MD5 checksum: 792a10ed4a33f9cc8f76ccd19ead8d2e WinBuilder053-Beta11.zip

Beta 12

- when clicking on folder, paths tab is now updated with directory values from respective project
- fixed error wich caused "abstract error" when trying to use interface buttons
- fixed error wich caused "Read error" when trying to use the "System,reScanScripts" command - occured when pressing button "Restore Options" on myOptions script from NativeEx
- derivated from the above fix, a command line parameter was added to allow select a script from startup, syntax: winbuilder.exe restore level gender "ProjectFilename" "ScriptFilename"

Attached File  WinBuilder053_beta12.zip   676.83KB   501 downloads
MD5 checksum: db93d3a60de7849c29f80ec96ebe3356 WinBuilder053-beta12.zip

Beta 13

- .project files are treated as .script on download center
- read feedback button was fixed
- added progress bar to track the overall progress of the download process
- folders wich contain script.project files will use these files as description - usefull for describing projects just by clicking on the respective folder
- when a script on local host has a bigger version than the one available to download from the web server - it's not marked for update.
- Added support for using localhost even when not connected to the internet (or any network connection at all) - and use a download server from a local http server (localhost) - great to speed download testings, e.g.: http://localhost/winbuilder
- Added a button to stop the download process
- When running a single script - script.project variables are also loaded
- readded command "ShellExecuteEx" - similar to ShellExecute, but will launch the the program and continue to run the script

Attached File  WinBuilder053_Beta13.zip   899.16KB   516 downloads

md5 check: 134899589641fb092709b6ff7df2e180 WinBuilder053-Beta13.zip

Beta 14

- fixed a bug that prevented the last file available on updates.ini to be downloaded
- when typing a new download server bug occured under some circunstances - the autosave was replaced by a button next to the text box to avoid any issues
- fixed Open Handles that locked folders which occured creating a new updates.ini from the tools tab
- added filesize on .script .project on updates.ini description
- added a text label indicating the number of selected files and respective size in the download center
- removed list of processed sections in log.html
- log.html was redesigned from scratch, using tables, colors and graphics to make it more readable
- removed splascscreen to make startup faster and reduce overall size of exe file
- when the user tries to start a project with an empty source dir - a message box will ask for the user to input a source folder - now it will also open the Paths tab

Attached File  WinBuilder053_Beta14.zip   654.01KB   759 downloads

md5 check: e888b0996c835bd512a00bb4c4ba617e Winbuilder053-Beta14.zip

Edited by Nuno Brito, 16 January 2007 - 04:57 PM.

#2 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  • Interests:What somebody else cannot do.
  •  
    European Union

Posted 21 November 2006 - 09:09 AM

- Added the hability to run section [process] inside the project file (script.project)

:P

Now the project itself can do the Clear Target.
Currently there is a
Exec,"%ProjectDir%\script.project",Check-Clear
in MakeDirs.

Peter

#3 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 21 November 2006 - 09:22 AM

Now the project itself can do the Clear Target.
Currently there is a

Exec,"%ProjectDir%\script.project",Check-Clear
in MakeDirs.

Peter

OOPS!

Does not work because
[process]

If,%pCheckBox1%,Equal,True,Run,%ScriptFile%,ClearTarget
does not evaluate the checkbox.

Try
[process]

Message,"%pCheckBox1%",Information

Peter

#4 edborg

edborg

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 387 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 21 November 2006 - 11:05 AM

If I run (any) single script in WinBuilder 053 beta1, i get a "Browse for folder" window open and an error as in the attached log. :P
edborg

Attached Files

#5 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 21 November 2006 - 12:42 PM

If I run (any) single script in WinBuilder 053 beta1, i get a "Browse for folder" window open and an error as in the attached log. :P
edborg

That's the new 'exec [process] in script.project' feature.

Delete the [process] section in script.project.

BTW: This is described by Nuno in the first post.
SomeTimes SomeBody has to read SomeThing :P

Peter

#6 smiley

smiley

Silver Member

• .script developer
  • 905 posts
  •  
    Greece

Posted 21 November 2006 - 01:05 PM

OOPS!

Does not work because

[process]

does not evaluate the checkbox.

Try
[process]

Message,"%pCheckBox1%",Information

Peter

Actually Winbuilder doesn't repalce any variable

#7 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 21 November 2006 - 01:19 PM

buildModel deletes the $ModelRam folder after zipping it into modelram.exe.

With version 053 an error occurres.
Unlocker shows:

A lot of open handles!

Running the same project with 052 released, all is ok.

Peter

#8 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  • Interests:I'm just a quiet simple person with a very quiet simple life living one day at a time..
  •  
    European Union

Posted 21 November 2006 - 02:02 PM

Really strange.. :P

053 beta 1 is not very different from the published 052, will do some testing and see why this is happening - does this occur with a specific script or I can test it on any regular script?

If it's only happening on 053 with buildmodel, would you mind posting a test script for debugging this issue?

Thank you!! :P

#9 pscEx

pscEx

Platinum Member

• Team Reboot
  • 12707 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 21 November 2006 - 03:13 PM

Really strange.. :P

053 beta 1 is not very different from the published 052, will do some testing and see why this is happening - does this occur with a specific script or I can test it on any regular script?

If it's only happening on 053 with buildmodel, would you mind posting a test script for debugging this issue?

Thank you!! :P

It is also with the complete target dir.
I got the issue above when I manually tried to delete &ModelRam.

I just got it with 052, too

Peter

#10 edborg

edborg

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 387 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 21 November 2006 - 03:21 PM

That's the new 'exec [process] in script.project' feature.

Delete the [process] section in script.project

BTW: This is described by Nuno in the first post.
SomeTimes SomeBody has to read SomeThing :P

Peter

I've read it, but I wasn't clever enough to understand it. :P
edborg

#11 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 21 November 2006 - 03:51 PM

I think you're quite clever :P - However I've read my post again and it's not so clear to understand what needs to be done in the first place. I guess that my written english can be tricky to understand sometimes (a good reason to re-read my own posts to check if I have managed to express my idea correctly..) :P

#12 edborg

edborg

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 387 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 21 November 2006 - 04:29 PM

I think you're quite clever :P - However I've read my post again and it's not so clear to understand what needs to be done in the first place. I guess that my written english can be tricky to understand sometimes (a good reason to re-read my own posts to check if I have managed to express my idea correctly..) :P

Thanks Nuno. :P
In case it is useful to others, I've subsequently checked that deleting those lines of code (which is necessary for 053 beta) could/should be done in any case, as it does not prevent from using also the previous stable release (052), if one so whishes.
edborg

#13 smiley

smiley

Silver Member

• .script developer
  • 905 posts
  •  
    Greece

Posted 22 November 2006 - 04:24 PM

@Nuno: I have found a bug: If there exists a variable in script.project with a predifined value and I use the set command (from the script.project) , the scripts "see" the old value and not the new

#14 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 22 November 2006 - 09:11 PM

@Nuno: I have found a bug: If there exists a variable in script.project with a predifined value and I use the set command (from the script.project) , the scripts "see" the old value and not the new

If the variable is defined inside script.project or winbuilder.ini and you change it using the set command - this new value should be available while this script is running - after it finishes the script it will re-read the variables from winbuilder.ini or script.project to start with fresh vars..

Or is this not happening?

If not, can you post a small test script to further debug this behavior?

Thanks!! :P

#15 smiley

smiley

Silver Member

• .script developer
  • 905 posts
  •  
    Greece

Posted 22 November 2006 - 09:16 PM

If the variable is defined inside script.project or winbuilder.ini and you change it using the set command - this new value should be available while this script is running - after it finishes the script it will re-read the variables from winbuilder.ini or script.project to start with fresh vars..

Or is this not happening?

If not, can you post a small test script to further debug this behavior?

Thanks!! :P

What you describe is exactly what happens but it shouldn't happen

#16 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 28 November 2006 - 11:04 AM

What you describe is exactly what happens but it shouldn't happen

I've been working further on this, but it becomes harder to know wich variables came from which file - it is a cleaner process to just read them fresh from winbuilder.ini/script.project and then the script file.

To overwrite this process you can always use IniWrite to write a new value for the value in question inside the global files winbuilder.ini or script.project - on the following scripts this variable will hold the new value.. :P

#17 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 28 November 2006 - 07:27 PM

Beta 2 is available on the first post..

Here's a quick list of changes:

- Corrected the System,RefreshInterface message to: "System - Refreshing interface after finishing processing"
- Wizard window for encoding files was not centered when using desktop with two displays - fixed
- Encoding tab presents filesizes in Kb and Mb (files inside scripts need to be re-encoded to reflect these changes)
- Added quick-close, whenever the Escape key is pressed on the main window will quickly exit the program.
- Added a backup tool to make safe copies of Projects, Archive, Tools and ISO folders

The last improvement added was the backup tool wich I thought it would come handy for quick saving/restoring work folders using diferent snapshots.

Let me know if you like it..
052_beta2.PNG

#18 TheHive

TheHive

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 4199 posts

Posted 28 November 2006 - 08:18 PM

Beta 2 is available on the first post..

The last improvement added was the backup tool wich I thought it would come handy for quick saving/restoring work folders using diferent snapshots.

Let me know if you like it..
052_beta2.PNG

#19 TheHive

TheHive

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 4199 posts

Posted 28 November 2006 - 08:22 PM

Suggestion:
Addition of a way to expand all "+" from a project.

#20 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 28 November 2006 - 09:48 PM

Suggestion:
Addition of a way to expand all "+" from a project.

It's done, do you like the layout?
sample01.PNG

Will be available on the next beta.. :P

#21 TheHive

TheHive

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 4199 posts

Posted 29 November 2006 - 03:08 AM

Thanks that looks good. :P

#22 edborg

edborg

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 387 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 29 November 2006 - 09:39 AM

- Added a backup tool to make safe copies of Projects, Archive, Tools and ISO folders

Nice improvements! :P
But how do I backup Tools?
edborg

#23 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 29 November 2006 - 12:03 PM

Nice improvements! :P
But how do I backup Tools?
edborg

Do you think the tools folder needs to be included? :P

I thought since there aren't many changes on tools it wouldn't be needed, but will add it also..

Another question: Do you think the UI is intuitive enough?

#24 edborg

edborg

Frequent Member

• .script developer
  • 387 posts
  •  
    Italy

Posted 29 November 2006 - 12:25 PM

Do you think the tools folder needs to be included? :P

I thought since there aren't many changes on tools it wouldn't be needed, but will add it also..
Another question: Do you think the UI is intuitive enough?

No, it's OK. Really, it's not that necessary. :P
I only asked because you stated it was already there, and I thought it was me who couldn't find how to do it. :P

The interface is quite clear, indeed. :P

edborg

#25 Brito

Brito

Platinum Member

• .script developer
  • 10616 posts
  •  
    European Union

Posted 29 November 2006 - 09:35 PM

Beta 3 is available, here's a quick list of changes:

- Added right-click menu options for expanding and colapsing sub-items on main window.
- Added a download tool for browsing files available on servers.

It can be found on the first post of this topic.

On this beta the download tool is introduced and allows to view files listed on a file called updates.ini located on a server.

This is the first test to this tool so functionality is still somewhat reduced althought you can use a direct link wich will allow you to open/save the selected file.

It is not exclusive to script files, any filetype can be added and the syntax will allow for different versions with equal names to be added - this is handy for developers who wish to keep a list of available file versions.

At this moment the update server is fixed on http://update.boot-l...Kit/updates.ini but it will likely be changed to allow user defined servers.

sample02.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users